#SayYesMadonna

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
As Newsbeat speaks to Grado on the phone, there's a mobile buzzing every few seconds in the background.

Since the wrestler started his #SayYesMadonna campaign just a few hours ago, his social media notifications have been non-stop.
He wants the singer to change her mind and allow him to use her song Like a Prayer on a US television broadcast of one of his matches.

Originally, the 30-year-old was worried his plea might be a bit "embarrassing".

"I got 100 retweets in a minute and I thought maybe this is a good idea. She might actually get to see this," he says.

Grado, whose real name is Graeme Stevely, walks up to the ring accompanied by the song Like a Prayer - but he hasn't managed to get the rights to let the track be broadcast.

Looking at this cynically, could it not be a chance for him to grab some publicity?

Grado is about to appear on US TV and has also been getting roles in programmes with BBC Scotland recently - while also being one of the most high profile Scottish wrestlers.

"I wish it was a publicity stunt because I would love if everything was alright and the Like a Prayer song was licensed and I was able to use it," he says.

"It's definitely not a publicity stunt. I've got the emails of Madonna's personnel telling us we can't use it.

He says coming out to an upbeat pop song has become a signature move, especially as so many of his competitors use "depressing" rock tracks.

He explains: "This Madonna song gets everybody going, the whole crowd stands on their feet. They clap, they sing, they dance.

"It gets everybody buzzing, especially me."

Madonna has yet to comment on the decision to stop Grado from using her track.

Newsbeat has contacted representatives for the musician, but has yet to receive a statement.
BBC News.

This is awesome that the BBC have picked up on this, Time Magazine also covered it and it's been trending on Twitter. I know this isn't directly TNA but TNA's use of social media is always pretty awesome. It would be great if he's allowed to use the theme.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It'll suck if they have to overdub his entrance or just cut it altogether. I agree with him on that front. And why wouldn't he be passionate about it, this is possibly his biggest TV appearance to date & part of his act risks being cut or messed with by post-production.

Ironically, a bunch of fanboys were bitching just the day before about the lack of airplay (i.e, none) on BBC R1 for Madonna's new single. Madge has said nothing about it, but it's amusing that someone trying to keep her music in the spotlight is being denied by the artist herself.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed by Grado in his segment with Al Snow on Impact, but I like the way he got a news story going for TNA.