Sasha Reviews Cyberfight + IMPACT (and misc)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I will be reviewing shows by Cyberfight, which are NOAH, TJPW, DDT, and Ganbre, and IMPACT Wrestling. Other shows and promotions maybe reviewed as well such as GLEAT, Hard Hit, Best Body, Wrestling Revolver, and any other promotion that catches my attention. I am simply doing this because these are promotions I love and enjoy whole heartly though there are a few things I don't agree on.

Post Edit: I will ratings for previous shows, but no reviews some time this week.

Last edited:

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
friendship-effort-victory.jpg
Match 01: D Generations Cup Block B Match
Takeshi Masada v Toi Kojima| Good opening match. Nothing of high note, but wished Toi got the win instead of Takeshi. 05/10

Match 02: D Generations Cup Block A Match
Yuya Koroku v Hideki Okatani| Really solid match. Really high-speed fact pace strikes and moves. At one point Hideki hits a Hammerlock Lariat into a STO, and that was cool. Saki Akai was out there in support of Hideki and that was nice. Yuya got the win, but was hoping for Hideki. 07/10

Match 03: Four Way Tag Team Match
Antonio Honda & Saki Akai v Pheromones (Danshoku Dino & Yuki Ino) v DISASTER BOX (Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi) and Gota Ihashi v Keigo Nakamura| I must first state three things. One, I love Saki Akai and she is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion. Two I love Pheromones, they are a group that can only exist in DDT and no where else. Three, I love Kazuki Hirata and his Magnum Tokyo parody gimmick he has now. First highlight of the match is a chop exchange between Toru and Gota in which every time Toru is hit he takes his singlet off to the point of him being in a jock strap and then Gota goes for a Handspring Back Elbow and fails like hell, but it was funny. Also Saki is in a corner horrified at all of this. Second highlight is when Saki and Keigo get into a argument and Kazu tries to break it up and he ends up int he middle of a strike exchange between the two. Third highlight all I am going to say is Capulet into ass. Fourth Highlight all I will is Irish Whip into asses. Fifth Highlight Two Sweet Shocker from Honda, which is great, but it, and Honda, has no chance against Gota's fat bastard dance.

Honda and Akai get the win after she moves Honda from a Gota Moonsault and hits him with a Rose Thorn, Shining Single Leg Dropkick. Saki face and emotions while pinning Gota is priceless. After the match, Kazuki, Honda, and Keigo try to pin Saki for the belt, but fail and she gets the hell out of dodge. 07/10

Match 04: Six Man Tag Team Match
Burning (Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada) & Yukio Sakaguchi v Kazuma Sumi, Makoto Oishi & Yuji Hino| Solid six man match. Nothing really to note, but it was good. Burning (Kotaro Suzuki & Yusuke Okada) & Yukio Sakaguchi got the win. 06/10

Match 05: Six Man Tag Team Match
Chris Brookes, Hagane Shinno & Kip Sabian (w/Penelope Ford) v Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi & Yuki Ishida) & Yuki Ueno| First thing first I like Brookes and I really love Hagane. Second thing, Kip and Ford I have no opinion as to not upset anyone, be consider a hater, or start a comment war. The one thing I will say, and I hope this pleases everyone, is that Kip trying to pick a fight with Kazusada Higuchi is kind of funny. One point in the match Kip, Chris, and Hagane do the pyramid hold on Yuki and as dumb as that spot is I like it. There is one point in the match where Kip gets triple teamed on he eats a Slingshot Elbow Drop, Diving Splash, and Frog Splash back to back to back, and he sells them like death until Brookes breaks the pin with a Diving Double Foot Stomp. Chris Brookes, Hagane Shinno & Kip Sabian (w/Penelope Ford) get the victory. Overall solid and fun match. 07/10

Match 06: DDT Extreme Title Master Of Environment Match
Jun Akiyama v Akito| Must set this match by saying in the ring there are two straps running in Greek Cross pattern or north to south and east to west, and no corner post padding. This is a throwback to a match on the previous show. The rules are the same as in a normal match, but you have to work around the straps, but also they are legal to use. It was a good match with the straps playing a role in several spots. Jun won and retain his belt. 05/10

Post match it was announced that Jun will defend his title against Kotaro Suzuki.

We then cut to Kip and Ford and Saki walks by, and Ford ends up rolling up Saki and now she is the champion.

Match 07: Six Man Tag Team Match
The 37KAMIINA (MAO & Shunma Katsumata) & Yukio Naya v HARASHIMA, Shinya Ishida & Soma Takao| Not much to say about this match aside from that is was a good high-speed match with some powerhouse stuff in it given who was/is involved in the match. The 37KAMIINA (MAO & Shunma Katsumata) & Yukio Naya winning is great. 05/10

Main Event: DDT Universal Title Match
Naruki Doi v KANON| Main event was good, and the run ins were excepted since that is what Damnation T.A. does. Aside from that he action was great and given that Doi was trained and from DG it makes sense this is a high-speed match with all gas no brakes. There was a part where Doi does a Cannonball to the back of KANON, and while I know how it is done it still looked brutal. KANON does a cool move where he sets up a Back Suplex into a Canadian Backbreaker into a Sitout Facebuster. I can't wait for KANON to either get his own faction or leave Damnation T.A. Doi ends up winning and retaining after hitting the Bakatare Sliding Kick for the fourth time. 06/10

Overall it was a fun show. Nothing too great, but nothing too bad either. A solid 06/10

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
keijimuto_0ba9-ll.jpg
Match 01: Tag Team
Masa Kitamiya & Daiki Inaba v Yoshiki Inamura & Yasutaka Yano| Not much to say about this match as side that it was fun to watch. 05/10

Match 02: Eight-Woman Tag (TJPW)
Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi & Shoko Nakajima v Maki Itoh, Yuki Arai, Miu Watanabe & Mizuki| I loved this match aside from the fact it is TJPW every woman went out there and put on a good show. The only problem I had is Maki and Miyu being on different teams since they just won the tag belts. One cool spot was the Hurricanrana into a Giant Swing by Miu was cool. Cool fact as well, Mizuki is the only trainee of Cutie Suzuki and that is why she uses the Cutie Special as a finisher. 07/10

Match 03: Six-Man Tag Team
Good Looking Guys (Jake Lee, Jack Morris & Anthony Greene) v Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura, Timothy Thatcher & Satoshi Kojima)| I liked this match for what it was. Good Looking guys is a stable I enjoy a lot because Jake Lee is amazing, Jack Morris is a future star, and Anthony Green is fun. It was solid enough, and it did its job for what it was. Also, if anyone wants to know. Kojima using the Machine Gun Chops is to pay tribute to his friend Kenta and Kenta allowed him to use them as well. 06/10

Match 04: Ten-Man Tag Team
Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa, Eita, HAYATA, Chris Ridgeway & Daga) v Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka, Alejandro & Junta Miyawaki| First off, I fucking hate Yoshinari Ogawa, and second this was an alright match. One cool thing was the Stepover Toehold Chris used to win the match. I ahve always thought that was possible, but seeing it makes it cool. 05/10

Match 05: DDT Showcase Eight Man Tag Team Match
The 37KAMIINA (Yuki Ueno, MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Toui Kojima) v BURNING (Tetsuya Endo and Yuya Koroku), Hideki Okatani, & Takeshi Masada| Sauna Club for life. This was a good DDT match that showcased that DDT can be serious and not just all jokes. I will not be surprised if Endo ends up in NOAH. Yeah, not really much to say aside it was a fun watch. 06/10

Match 06: Six-Man Tag Team (NOAH v Dragon Gate)
Naomichi Marufuji, El Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. & Ninja Mack v Shun Skywalker, Diamante & KAI| I thoroughly enjoyed this match, and I really like Marufuji's attire. The main highlight I thought was crazy was the Double Handstand Suplex Slam thing that happened to Ninja Mack. My only thing I wish was that BxB Hulk was in this match instead, but hey like I said a solid match. 07/10

Match 07: Six-Man Tag team (NOAH v AJPW)
KONGO (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh & Manabu Soya) v Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) & Suwama| First off, fuck Suwama, and second Nakajima and Kento in a match is awesome, I'll explain why. Aside from Suwama being in this match, I loved this match, seeing Nakajima and Kento wrestle was great. The others were great as well and Kenoh was being full Kenoh and I loved it. 08/10

So here is the first geeky thing. Among Puro fans, there was a concept called The Musketeers of the Pillars, and the idea was that there were eight upcoming wrestlers who would lead Japanese wrestling and wrestling as a whole, to some degree, into a new era. Those were Naomichi Marufuji, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kento Miyahara, BxB Hulk, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Tetsuya Naito. Shibata and KENTA were also considered but were left out due to different reasons, and some have replaced BxB with KENTA or Shibata so.

Match 08: TagTeam Match
Taiji Ishimori & Gedo v NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA| So this was a quick match, but powerful. 06/10

Geeky thing number two. Nosawa trained Taiji in Japan and Mexico, and looked out for him a lot, both in Japan and Mexico. When a rookie goes on an excursion. They end up looking a lot to whoever kept them safe, gave them a home, helped them get booked, and more. Even adopting moves from them. Nosawa decided to retire due to a medical condition and at the advice of his doctor. So he wanted someone who meant a lot to him to end him, think Shawn v Ric. The main thing was that Ishimori’s facade as a cold heel cracked for a moment as he was reminded of the love and respect they had for one another. Nosawa may not be a big star, but he’s very important to Ishimori, so it is meaningful for him. That was the story/lore of that match and why I enjoyed it.

Match 09: Singles Match
Hiromu Takahashi v AMAKUSA| This was everything a Junior and story match is meant to be. Hiromu coming out with Kenbai mask and name was such a cool reference and nod to both men. You have to watch this match to really enjoy it. 08/10

Geeky thing number three. So Hiromu has been looking for former tag partner Kenbai forever. The name "Tokyo Tornado" was and is a reference to the tag team the two created while wrestling in the UK over nine or so years ago, and Michinoku Pro is where AMAKUSA got his start as Kenbai. So after the match is when Hiromu realized the guy he has been seeking has been in front of him, and now he has found his friend he once lost. Beautiful story that was told.

Match 10: Singles Match
Kazuchika Okada v Kaito Kiyomiya| I know many figured, I would be mad about this match, but truth be told I loved it. Okada was and is the right winner of this match and I know many said Okada made Kaito his "bitch" but I disagree and wouldn't say that. I would say he made him humble. I can't do this match justice, go watch it and enjoy it. 09/10

Geeky thing number four and why I am not mad at this match. This match was about one thing and one thing only. What it means to be an Ace in Japan. I love Kaito, but he has one problem, and it is part of his arc. He isn't Kaito. He is a fan who copies those he loves and nothing more. When Kaito began in NOAH he was just a Misawa clone, for lack of a better term, and did/does a lot of Misawa's moves, which is fine, but he isn't Misawa. Recently, now he is Kaito the Mutoh clone. While, it has caused him to become more popular and even a semi-Ace statues, he isn't an Ace because he isn't Kaito. He is just a knock off. Okada is the ace because he learned from the past and respects it, but knows he has to be his own man and own wrestler. It is fine to admire the past and learn from it, but not to copy it and adopt it as your own. Kaito has to shred Misawa's and Mutoh's influence in order to be the Ace. He has to be his own man. To me, this is what the match was about and why I loved it. I also loved it because it reminded me of Jumbo v Misawa, which for those who don't know Jumbo's character was that of a grizzled old Ace who would be damned if he was dethroned, and Misawa was the young up comer who wanted to dethrone him. Misawa did. How? By being Misawa and no one else. So Okada is Jumbo and Kaito is Misawa, but Kaito has learned he needs to be him and no one else.

Main Event
Tetsuya Naito v Keiji Muto| God, where do I begin with this, as there is so much to unpack here. As for the match itself, it was good. Muto denying the Moonsault and everything was brilliant and Naito's drip, as the kids say, was amazing. Also, them using all of Muto's themes was so fucking cool, and My Way being used in that vignette gave me chills, man. This was a match that if you knew/know the lore, then you really liked it a lot. Yeah just watch this match because it is great, and I love seeing Muto use his style of F4LL. 09/10

Surprise Main Event
Masahiro Chono v Keiji Muto: It was what it was. No rating, just because of how cool it was.

Final geeky thing. So with Naito and Muto the story is that Naito growing up was a huge fan of Muto and is a huge wrestling nerd. When Naito got into the New Japan Dojo, Muto was one of his teachers, and one of Muto's nicknames was/is The Wrestling Genius. So Naito debuted and was The Stardust Genius and used a Corkscrew Moonsault as a finisher since Muto used a regular one. The gimmick failed and we all know what happened. But remembered the thing I mentioned about Kaito? The same applied to Naito, and he became his own man. When he came back from Mexico and all, he began feuding with Tanahashi. Why? Because Tanahashi was the new ace and Muto passed the torch to him, so Naito, still being a nerd, felt betrayed by this as he wanted to do not and felt like it rightfully his. So now, Naito got his revenge on the man that gave him a failed gimmick and everything, but also made him who he is now.

The Chono and Muto match was just old friends doing a favor and ending each other. They were part of the three musketeers and once said that if they were all going to retire, then they would all do it at the same time. Unfortunately, Hashimoto passed and so it only left Chono and Muto left and Tiger being the referee was perfect. This was a perfect end to a era in Strong Style.

PPV overall score: 09/10

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
No-Surrender-Title-2.jpg
Match 01: Singles Match
Frankie Kazarian v Kon (w/Angels, Callihan & Deaner)| This was an alright match. Nothing great, but nothing bad. The best part was Sami fucking up and him just playing it off like, "Eh. Shit happens". Rating 05/10

Match 02: Impact Knockouts Tag Team Title Match
The Death Dollz (Jessicka & Taya Valkyrie) (w/Rosemary) v The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle)| This was a good match, aside from audio issue for most of the match. Death Dollz retaining did get me because I and others were sure The Hex were going to win, but nope. Rating 06/10

Match 03: Dot Combat Match for the Impact Digital Media Title
Joe Hendry v Moose| This was just a stupid, but fun match. I could explain it, but it will do it no justice. Just watch it. Rating 08/10

Match 04: #1 Contendership Four Way Match for the Impact World Title
Steve Maclin v Brian Myers v Heath v PCO| Solid match. Glad Steve won, as the IMPACT trio have been saying that he will be the one to dethrone Alexander. PCO again was one of the main highlights because he does whatever and gives no shits. Rating 07/10

Match 05: Six Man Tag Team Match
BULLET CLUB (Ace Austin, Chris Bey & KENTA) v Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin & KUSHIDA)| Bruh, this match was great. Everyone showed out, including KENTA, and they put on a show. I do think Ace and Chris will take the belts from Alex and Chris, and I am all for it. Rating 08/10

Match 06: Impact Knockouts World Title Match
Mickie James v Masha Slamovich| Look, I can go on about this match and even rant about it. I won't do that, but I'll say I do feel like IMPACT has become too reliant on Grace and even James, to some degree, to carry their women's division. I digress, though, and the match was fine. There was one count mess up, which has happened in two knockouts championship matches, insert meme about nickles. Rating 05/10

Main Event: Impact World Title Match
Josh Alexander v Rich Swann| This was a championship match. I think, before this match, Rich had it in his mind he was going to show why he shouldn't be taken lightly or be taken as a weak champion, as he is often seen as. Both men really showed out, but to me, Rich showed out more. Very solid match all around. Rating 08/10

Overall Rating: 07/10

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
BBJ 2023 Opening Battle (Can't find fancy title card)​
Match 01: Singles Match
Masatsugu Kimura v Takashi Enomoto| Fun, decent match. Rating 05/10

Match 02: Battle Royal
Gota Ihashi v Tomokazu Taniguchi (w/Beauty Goriko & Madame K) v Antonio Koinoki and Cherry v Danshoku Dino v Gorgeous Matsuno v Keisuke Ishii v Kentaro Hachisuv Saki Akai v Sanae Takebayashi v Toru Owashi v Yakan Nabe| So where do I begin with this? First off, this company has a partnership with DDT and PPP Tokyo, which is cool. Second, this had Saki Akai in it, so I loved it quickly. There was a lot of motorboating between Gota, Dino, and Kentaro...that was something. So yeah, this was a wacky, crazy, stupid match...but I loved it. Rating 06/10

After the match, Gota was awarded 1,000,000 Yen and said that he was going to go buy food, good-looking clothes, and hopefully take Saki on a date.

Match 03: BBW Super Bodyweight Title Match
Sho Karasawa v Tyson Maeguchi| Good. Simple. Basic match. Nothing more and nothing less. Rating 05/10

Main Event: BBW Six Man Tag Team Title Match
CLUB LUXURY (Hiroshi Yamato, Luxury Yoshida & Makoto Oishi) (w/YUKI) v Best Body Vader, Satoru Suzuki & Seiya Morohashi| This was a fun match, and the main highlight was, and I forgot who exactly did it, but it was a Paradise Lock with a Bridging Leglock into a pin. It looked awesome. Rating 05/10

Also, during parts of this show, there were like body/beauty pageants. Why? Because fuck it, why not. This is also the home promotion of Mina from Stardom so that is cool, and this si the first time I have watched one of their shows and I loved it. Overall Rating 05/10

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
P.P.P. SODxP.P.P. TOKYO Love & Party 2023​
Match 01: Tag Team Match
Jun Tonsho & Koju Takeda v Gaia Hox & Shota Nakagawa| So I have, and still don't, a clue what this match was. Because during it, they kept playing some generic J-pop song, and then one guy just had his ass out. I won't lie... I loved it. It was good fun and dumb stuff. Rating 05/10

Match 02: Tag Team Match
ASUKA & Makoto v Echika Miyabi & Risa Sera| ASUKA and Makoto comes out to Blackpink, so that made me happy. Seeing ASUKA wrestle made me happy, and this match was fun. What impressed me was that Risa Sera ate the pin because she is a Stardom champion currently. Rating 06/10

Match 03: Singles Match
Kentaro Hachisu v Magic Mirror Mask| Simple match, but Kentaro comes out to Cha-La Head-Cha-La and that is awesome. Rating 05/10

Match 04: Six Man Tag Team Elimination Match
Chanyota, Marika Kobashi & Rina Yamashita v Maya Yukihi, Natsu Sumire & Saori Anou| I love Chanyota, and I liked Rina's new look. Speaking of new looks, Natsu's is something. This was another match that had the J-Pop song being played, and I still have no clue why. Also, some may remember Chanyota from Stardom due to her being in their New Blood series, but apparently was dropped due to one of the sponsors not liking her being a JAV actor. Their lost. The match was fun and good. Rating 05/10

Main Event: Sudden Death Triple Tornado Three Way Match
Check Shimatani, Hayato Tamura & KAZMA SAKAMOTO v Ayato Yoshida, Daimonji So & Joji Otani v Kabuto Mitomi, Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi| This was a fun match. It was serious and not serious at the same time. Nothing good, but nothing bad and it was a fun watch. Rating 05/10

Overall Rating 05/10

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Next reviews will be a bit delay. I had to restart my laptop sunday and I am tyring to get it all orignized like I had it. Also, I am working on another project that may or not be super useful, but I think will add to the forum.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Will about seven or so reviews in one post in spoilers, so that why I can save on time. In the process of writing them over.

Reactions: Chris

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
AWG 01/29/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 05
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05

AWG 02/11/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 05
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05

AWG 02/17/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 05
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05

AWG 02/23/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 05
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05

Wrestling Revevlor Drip
Match 01| 06
Match 02| 06
Match 03| 06
Match 04| 07
Match 05| 06
Match 06| 05
Match 07| 07
Match 08| 07
Match 09| 08

TJPW 02/25/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 06
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05
Match 06| 05

TJPW The Night Before Wrestle Princess (Fucking Streamers have returned baby!)
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 06
Match 04| 05
Match 05| 05
Match 06| 05

DDT Hamamatsu Train Pro Wrestling 02/19/23
Was a Falls Count Anywhere Delayed Battle Royal match on a actual moving train. Highlight was Dino and the fact he humped a man into submission 07

DDT Into the Fight 02/26/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 05
Match 03| 06
Match 04| 06
Match 05| 07
Match 06| 07
Match 07| 07
Match 08| 07

DDT Yokohama Unlimited Vol. 2 03/04/23
Match 01| 05
Match 02| 07