Santino/Cody feud

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tjScarbi

Reaction score
Not sure if there's a thread already about it, but anyway...

What do you guys think? Are WWE going to develop it? Personally, I just see it as a chance for them to unify the US title and IC title...

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I hope not. Wouldn't do anything for Cody and even if Santino went over, it won't do much for Santino since he has such a low ceiling.

There's just nothing interesting or anything of quality I can imagine coming out of babyface Santino. Not unless WWE has the balls to give him MITB or something.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think that it would be a good idea mainly because Santino should no longer be US Champion because that joke has continued just a little bit too long for my liking. I also don't want WWE to unify the US and IC titles, it makes more sense to unify the WWE and World titles, there should only be one top world champion whereas it is fine to have one secondary champion on each show. I see them having a one off match but that would be about it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Santino in my mind earned the US Title from his strong preformance in the Elimination Chamber and since WWE does nothing with the belt in the first place it doesn't bother me that he is still holding onto it. I wouldn't mind a feud to develop between these two if WWE actually put some effort in it and making it look like Santino is making Rhodes look like a fool each week until Rhodes snaps and almost ends Santino's career. I could see this working out and them not even having to unify the belts if Santino was taken out for a period of time he could just vacant the belt.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don't think that it would be a good idea mainly because Santino should no longer be US Champion because that joke has continued just a little bit too long for my liking. I also don't want WWE to unify the US and IC titles, it makes more sense to unify the WWE and World titles, there should only be one top world champion whereas it is fine to have one secondary champion on each show. I see them having a one off match but that would be about it.

Is Santino as Champion anymore of a joke than Ryder or Swagger as Champion?

I'm thinking maybe u mean his gimmick is a joke, which I agree with 100%, but Santino himself is a good worker and he's more over than some of the main eventers.

As far as the feud goes, I wouldnt mind seeing it. But there is no unification in the near future. Creative probably didn't have anything for either guy, so let's go with the "who's the better midcard champion route". They did it with Miz & Morrison and Kofi and Dolph too I believe.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Any feud with Santino right now is a joke.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Santino in my mind earned the US Title from his strong preformance in the Elimination Chamber and since WWE does nothing with the belt in the first place it doesn't bother me that he is still holding onto it. I wouldn't mind a feud to develop between these two if WWE actually put some effort in it and making it look like Santino is making Rhodes look like a fool each week until Rhodes snaps and almost ends Santino's career. I could see this working out and them not even having to unify the belts if Santino was taken out for a period of time he could just vacant the belt.

I agree that he had a good performance in the Chamber and I didn't mind him winning the US title after that but his title reign should have ended over a month ago. The novelty has worn off.

Is Santino as Champion anymore of a joke than Ryder or Swagger as Champion?

I'm thinking maybe u mean his gimmick is a joke, which I agree with 100%, but Santino himself is a good worker and he's more over than some of the main eventers.

As far as the feud goes, I wouldnt mind seeing it. But there is no unification in the near future. Creative probably didn't have anything for either guy, so let's go with the "who's the better midcard champion route". They did it with Miz & Morrison and Kofi and Dolph too I believe.

Yes Santino is more of a joke because of they way they have presented him. Looking back WWE were smart with Ryder's reign because they gave him one month as champion, they took advantage of the hype and gave him the title whilst he was at his most popular. They then took the title away once they got all they could out of him. Jack Swagger as champion was a good idea but he was booked poorly so it didn't work out but WWE realised that and gave him a month and a half.

Santino is nearing three months as champion and that is what is wrong with this. He should have won the title following on from his great performance at the Chamber but he should have dropped the title over a month ago. WWE have continued this for a bit too long and the credibility of him as champion has dropped off. WWE should have done what they did with Ryder and take advantage of the popularity but taken the title away before it becomes too ridiculous. Dropping it to Miz before WM would have been a better option.