Santino, and Santina?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
I think this shit is funny. Its like completely opposite of Orton (who takes up a majority of Raw so its jsut a little light hearted fun. Come on. When he said he was in love with JR and that he calls her his little slobber knocker??? shit had me rolling, Cole with the ' go ahead Mr. BBQ', the pig noises, lol. I get a chuckle everytime, just from wondering what the hell he is going to do each week.

Reaction score
I think it's complete crap. I hate it and I think it's a waste of on air time. I never liked Santno's comedy act from the start. I hate his stupid fake accent. I like him once. When he won the IC Championship with Bobby Lashley's help. I wish he'd just go back to being a wrestler and have someone who can pull of funny segments take his place.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
it needs to end soon it really does. Its making Beth Phoenix (the best diva wwe have by far) look like a chump. However this weeks clip on raw i did find reasonably funny, the first bit of santina humour i have done tho.

CT Styles

I've always wanted to see Santino as a serious wrestler. I've never found him that funny. I've had a little 'tss' every now and then but that's it.

Airfixx

What can I say...? Still got me chuckling...

Besides, WWE is hardly the place for 'advanced' or intellectually challenging humour and you may/may not have noticed, but there are Santina chants in the crowd.... Like it or not the gimmick has gotten over.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Where are they going with this? They are riding this thing until it its no longer funny to as many people as possible. I still love it. He is the only comic relief on Raw and in the WWE really, so its a welcome chance of pace.

Reaction score
Wow... I don't get how people actually find him funny. But then, those people probably laugh their asses off at movies like Superbad and Mall Cop.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Wow... I don't get how people actually find him funny. But then, those people probably laugh their asses off at movies like Superbad and Mall Cop.

Superbad was hilarious. Mall Cop sucked the big one. Santino/a is funny. You suck the big one. (j/k)

Reaction score
Lol whatever you say. I abhorr movies like that. I think they're a waste of time. I'd rather watch someone actually funny like Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey. Or some horror. Lots of horror. If they want Santino to be funny, why don't they get an actual comedian to write his lines, drop the drag and the stupid accent and just go with that? The crap that they are doing now is lame as.

Airfixx

As I've already said, if you tune into a wrestling show for civilised, mature humour you are WAAAAY off the mark... Wrestling comedy is usually of a slapstick nature... Santino/a doesn't really stray from that.

This is family entertaiment... Hardly the place to be seeking alternative comedy.

I hope no-one's insinuating that somehow the crappy dick jokes and such of the Attitude days were any better?

noumenon

^Adam Sandler is horrendous. But that's a discussion for elsewhere.

And yeah, Attitude Era humor was very penis-centric wasn't it? lol. Probably due in part to DX.

LKP

I think Santino is great and makes em laugh. Santina seems forced on us a little bit and is not as funny IMO.

Reaction score
Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey are the only two "stupid humor" actors I'll watch. I prefer Robin Williams and the like. And no I'm not tuning in to see someone do intelligent standup, I'm watching to watch wrestling. I just think they could do better. I liked some of the New DX's stuff cause H and Shawn just have that thing about them that makes you chuckle. Like when they came out dressed as Vince and Shane that night. The old DX was better but I'm not complaning about the new one. Randy Orton is actually a very funny guy. He was doing a Q&A when I was at 25's Axxess session and he didn't even have to crack a joke to make the whole building laugh. But that of course would never fit with his character.

Airfixx

And no I'm not tuning in to see someone do intelligent standup, I'm watching to watch wrestling. I just think they could do better. I liked some of the New DX's stuff cause H and Shawn just have that thing about them that makes you chuckle. Like when they came out dressed as Vince and Shane that night. The old DX was better but I'm not complaning about the new one.

That maybe your personal taste, BUT it's still the same breed of slapstick and/or junevnile humour.

Shawn Michaels with a roll of socks down his pants in '97 is somehow a million miles removed from a guy prancing about in drag pretending to be Miss Wrestlemania? ...I think not.