Santino and Carlito

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
OK, to be perfectly honest, it never crossed my mind to pair these two together as a tag team, but now that we have seen them together, I think this may be a brilliant decision as far as tag teams go. They have good chemistry and I think if they WWE ever considers focusing on tag teams again, that these two would definatley be high up on my list of favorites. Especially since the WWE let Cryme Tyme go, there has been a definate need for good tag teams on Raw seeing as how we have Rhodes and Holly as champs, they are apparently scraping the bottom of the tag team barrel.

What are your guys' feelings on seeing these two paired up? And do you think they will be given tag team gold in the near future?

Great One

I agree, I think it could work well definitely if they had a name to go along with, and it could be even more unique if Carlito was still with Torrie.

Majin

Reaction score
well,i never watched the match last night,didn't think they'd win,but i hope they keep this tag team,and let them win the tag titles,since the raw tag teams are pretty much dead

Edgehead2593

Reaction score
Carlito swaps spit with men that don't want to be cool

Enigma22

Reaction score
if they are actually pushed as a tag team it will be awesome. their promo after the match was hilarious. but since carlito never seems to get pushed no matter who hes teamed with (masters, flair).

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Yeah lol, they make a perfect top heel group. And this could push them both greatly.

Reinvented

Reaction score
Great!

That's all I really can say is great. I love these to guys in ring work and mic skills they can carry a tag fued Holly and Rhodes.

How quickly Carltio is getting pushed now and Santino is riding shotgun with his push. Like sumbody said before they need a heel diva to help push a little bit more.

Reaction score
Carlito should be filed next to Shelton Benjamin under "Who the fuck did I piss off to deserve this?" What a waste. Almost 2 years ago he's in a title match and at Wrestlemania and now he's the wrestling equivalent to the kid who gets picked last. Santino sucks, especially the dopey hair. I don't like this team. It's a dead end.

Reaction score
they could turn Maria heel but that's a long shot unless they get rid of the dumb "brunette" deal with her but it's worked for so long that I don't know if they could do it...

Reinvented

Reaction score
Carlito should be filed next to Shelton Benjamin under "Who the fuck did I piss off to deserve this?" What a waste. Almost 2 years ago he's in a title match and at Wrestlemania and now he's the wrestling equivalent to the kid who gets picked last. Santino sucks, especially the dopey hair. I don't like this team. It's a dead end.

What?

You don't like this team because of sumones hair?

This team if pushed right can save the tag team picture. 2 hardcore heels with awesome mic skills and good in ring work. I just don't get how you can hate this team.

Shelton is also getting his push to become ECW champ.

phantomgerald

What I don't like about this thing is that WWE was getting rave reviews for the MVP/Hardy partnership, then they follow it up with a Rhodes/Holly partnershipm, then Miz/Morrison wins the tag titles, then this. It's just irritating me that they are just doing the same damn thing because people thought it was great. To me, it's getting really boring and to use the tag titles as a stopgap measure for feuds to develop is a disgrace. As for Santino and Carlito, what I don't like is that they are both well suited to be heels, and I can't see them feuding.

the dark knight

holy shit! no one said that it wouldn't work...ok maybe it would. but it would not entertain me at all. when i watched the 2 together, i was like "ROFL if they're gonna make them as a tag team". seriously, it was so lame it got funny. just dont see em get along...infact, a feud between the 2 or something would better imo..

1st we had holly and rhodes << worst tag champs in history...and now we're getting carlito and marella?

Peterdea

Reaction score
I don't like the new team, since I can't get over the old days of Hardys Vs E&C Vs Dudleyz etc. it'll take a HUGE improvement to get the tag team division to where it used to be. good luck with that hey?

Soulpower

They're a heel team, so they could challenge for the tag titles. The way I see it, this is attempt number 7891993 by WWE to try and revive their tag-division. Hell, they're doing the same on ECW/SD with Jesse/Festus, Miz/Morrison, Moore Wang (Greatest name ever) and even the Major Brothers.

You look at the RAW side, now you have London and Kendrick, Holly and the CAW, THe Highlanders and the new team of Carlito and Santino.

Not only that, it gives both Carlito and Santino something to do. Carlito has no one to feud with, and as entertaining as he may be, we can't expect to see Santino go out every week and diss someone only to get beat up. He has to get back in the ring and this is a perfect opportunity... I see them winning the titles in about 1 or 2 months.

Unless WWE once again forgets about their tag teams and all of this becomes irrelevant >_>