• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
WWE star Santino Marella says he will be starring in a new sitcom on WWE.com featuring Beth Phoenix as his live-in girlfriend and Kozlov playing his best friend. In an interview with IGN.com, Santino explained that if the show is successful, he intends to spend more time focusing on acting than wrestling. "I was always the class clown, the comedian. And combine that with 20 years of grappling and you put that together and you get Santino. I think the transition will be easy. I'd say I'm more of an actor actually than a wrestler. I did a pilot already. When I presented it to the office, I did a pilot and it was really fun to do. It's a really natural transition for me." Shooting begins this month at his home in Tampa, FL with hopes of shopping the show around to television networks after the first "online" season.
...this sounds surprisingly watchable.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
It disappoints me greatly that Santino would abandon the WWE after all they have done establishing him as a credible performer if it is a success. The Rock I can understand considering he accomplished everything there is to do, but Santino should still have atleast 5 good years left. :-/

xtremebadass

ROFL, a WWE Superstar who will be focusing more on acting. I have heard that one before.

I think this could be pretty good though. It is not like Santino is a pivotal part of the show. It's worth a shot.

Wordlife

I hope this doesn't tank. It sounds like it could be pretty funny. I mean the name alone, Sanfeld.... like Seinfeld... lol.... Santino I always presumed, would be more of an actor rather than a wrestler imo

Hope this works out good, will be watching.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
It disappoints me greatly that Santino would abandon the WWE after all they have done establishing him as a credible performer if it is a success. The Rock I can understand considering he accomplished everything there is to do, but Santino should still have atleast 5 good years left. :-/

I got the impression that WWE is a big part of this Santino sitcom, if anything, it's more like WWE pushing Santino out the door into the acting world instead of him abandoning them for it.

iamironman

Reaction score
id rather have a root canal of the brain

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't tank. It sounds like it could be pretty funny. I mean the name alone, Sanfeld.... like Seinfeld... lol.... Santino I always presumed, would be more of an actor rather than a wrestler imo

Hope this works out good, will be watching.

I think that was just a name Tsaalyo Phoenix made up for the show and not the actual name unless I am fucked up and didnt see it was official?