TNA Samuel Shaw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA sure hit it out of the park with this character, didn't they?

I mean my GOD, they keep makin' this joke look worse every single week. TNA is known for some terrible booking but the best decision they could do here is drop this fool and act like he never existed.

Let's start with his debut after his basketball shorts wearing outing for TNA's Gut Check when they brought him up from OVW. They made him look okay with some OCD like qualities during his initial interview with Christy Hemme. I mean they add some aggressiveness to the character and you got a suitable wrestler that you can mold into a decent midcarder. Slow and methodical approach and devastin' offense totally could have made him reasonable...

Instead what the hell did we get? We got some lame ass creep stalkin' Hemme around. I mean this was okay at best and he looked threatenin' at least. Still don't think it belongs on a wrestling show by any means... However it was about to get worse when they involved Mr. Anderson who I swear writes his own comedic skits. If you can find his over the top trash funny that is. Seriously... I really thought when he went to see Shaw's Mother it was an elaborate ruse. BUT then hahahahahaha... You get Shaw askin' why Anderson was in his room. I couldn't believe they took this angle legitimately. TNA also played it off like he still lives in his Mother's basement when we already saw before he had his own apartment... So why would he still live here? Whatever it was it was a huge contradiction that was never even brought up. Why? The only reason I can think was they were tryin' to kill the character... which is fine if you actually get rid of the damn character.

So now we are at the involvement of Gunner goin' to a psych ward to see him because he knows about PTSD with his military background. Well for one that doesn't even make sense with the problems Shaw was demonstratin'. I guess it's fine if you just accept he wants to be his FRIEND thing but I don't and you know all I'm about Friendship :). What I hate most about this is it's a complete waste of Gunner who was climbin' up the card quite nicely and improvin' in the ring every week. Hell, he was vergin' on main event status just a few months back. That's enough of this though, the continuation of Shaw is just useless and misusin' Gunner isn't gonna change that, it's just gonna hurt him in the long run.

Man... they just keep stackin' the garbage on top of this guy that he may never be able to bounce back from. Now that I've rambled about this... does anyone wanna point out more of his flaws or maybe someone out there willing to defend him? Hate/Ignore/Discuss/Whatever?

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree, everything he's been involved with some far has been absolutely terrible. It doesn't help any that his first feud was Anderson, but it would have been terrible regardless.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I haven't seen anything on this character or the storyline he was apart of, but what I read sounds kind of awesome.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Sure reading it sounds great but his acting is so bad and it's looks forced

ninjashoes

Reaction score
I love Shaw's character.

I actually started watching TNA because of Rockstar Spud and Samuel Shaw.

I get that it is ridiculous but come on this is pro wrestling. I love how he dresses like Dexter.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rockstar Spud could get me in to any promotion, so I understand where you're coming from there.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice to hear some support for a Brit! Besides which I have rated Spud for years.

ninjashoes

Reaction score
Yup Spud is pure gold.

I love how when he got power bombed from the top rope, his light little body floated down like a feather.