Samoa Joe - Main Eventer Never-Again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
Will Joe ever be a main eventer again in TNA?

If so, what would TNA have to do to get Joe back into the main event scene?

Will it take Bischoff and Hogan leaving the company for it to happen? Will Joe have to get into better shape yet for it to happen? Will he go to ROH when his contract's up because of the way he's been treated?

Did he kind of screw himself over by being in such poor shape when Hogan and Company got there? Is he somewhat to blame for it?

They've given pushes to guys like Rob Terry simply because the guy's jacked.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Still can't believe how this guy has gone from the hottest guy in wrestler to just another guy in TNA. He did get badly out of shape at one stage and that wasn't good but the storylines he was given where shocking.

If TNA book him as a serious wrestler who will "kill" anyone that comes in his way then he can be a top star for them. I don't think they will because Hogan won't like the look of him, he is too short and isn't ripped.

I don't know whether he will leave TNA for ROH, depends on the money on offer and whether ROH can match watch TNA are giving him now.

Lucky

Reaction score
I still remember the episode where Joe was kidnapped by ninjas and they went absolutely nowhere with it. That may have actually been the last big thing he was involved in and it was dumb as hell.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Bischoff and Hogan never did anything with him or did it (attack) and then didn't follow up. It would take a lot to make him credible again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The ninja angle and when Joe had that penis tattoo on his face were just horrible and I am kind of glad it went nowhere it was so ridiculous.

It will take a long time to build him back up again and under this regime it doesn't seem like they will put the effort in to make him a top guy again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
His Nation of Violence killed his career.

The crowd no longers says "Joe's gonna kill you." And is lukewarm at best anymore. Joe has been neutured by TNA and I would rather him playing the cousin of Umaga in WWE than playing whatever the fuck he is doing now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This one of those rare occasions where I blame the wrestler just as much as TNA. Look at his world title run there, sure he was never presented as an important champion, and was given some naff feuds, but at the same time, the one thing you would expect from Joe is that his matches would still deliver and they never really did. I can remember going to a TNA event in Liverpool, and the main event was him against Abyss, now based on the past you would expect that match to really be something, but it was actually the weakest match on the card that night, the exchanges were akward, and it lacked that spark and flow to the match, and this was at a house show, where you had none of Russio's crap to get in the way, it was a straight up match, with no outside involvement, and it was poor.

Since the WT reign, as has been mentioned Joe really got out of shape, and if anything his matches have just gotten work, and if you look at his performance at Slammiversary where it would have been his job to carry the rookie Crimson, quite clearly he just couldn't be bothered that night.

To answer the question, it would take a big turn around in TNA for Joe to ever be a main eventer there again, and I certainly don't see it while Bishoff and Hogan are there. The time has passed for his career to turn around there, I just think it is now a loss caused, and he really needs to get out of there. Baring in mind WWE are unlikely to be interested, a return to ROH would be ideally. With this new television deal, I see them as a company on the up, and a fit and motivated Joe could be a big part of that, not mention there is almost a fresh roster of guys he would not have feuded with the first time around.