Samoa Joe Is Overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Sorry if this topic already exists...

Obviously the guy has a great intensity to him, and his athleticism for his size is cool... but what the hell does Samoa Joe actually provide?

The guy sucked ass when he wrestled in WWE against Essa Rios. He's always been lackluster as far as moves. His muscle buster is cool because it's pretty unique to mainstream professional wrestling. His move set aside from that isn't incredible. A snap powerslam, running one-footed dropkick, overhead "Pele" kick on the turnbuckle, rear-naked choke, and occasionally you'll get a face-wash.

I've seriously never been impressed with the guy, and don't understand why he gets any credit. Not to mention, the guy's mic skills (since plenty of you use that for a credential) are terrible! He wasn't even impressive as a heel, slamming guys onto chairs and all that junk :/.

So what is it about Samoa Joe that people honestly like?

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
His moves are lackluster? This guy has a moveset of at least 30 plus moves? His mic skills are fine and good when he's in a serious role. He sucked ass against Rios because that was a squash.

I don't know which Joe you're talking about, but I the one I'm talking about rules :clap:

LadyHotrod

He's a fat fuckin' samoan. That's all I see. Does he have talent, though? Uh...no.

I don't mind him but I hardly think he's as amazing as people make him out to be.

EDIT: LOL @ Essa Rios.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
His moves are lackluster? This guy has a moveset of at least 30 plus moves? His mic skills are fine and good when he's in a serious role. He sucked ass against Rios because that was a squash.

I don't know which Joe you're talking about, but I the one I'm talking about rules :clap:

I seriously can't recall seeing more than maybe 10 moves out of him. I don't believe I've ever truly see him do a basic scoop slam or vertical suplex. Rarely any ground moves, maybe you can find a kick to the back occasionally. I just don't know what the big deal about this fat piece of shit is. I mean, if you're going to rep the Isle of Samoa... shouldn't you at least incorporate a Samoan Drop, or some kind of fireman's carry position move? If you can find me this list of 30 moves, that he's done on a REGULAR basis, I'll forfeit a bit of respect. But don't list a running clothesline or a kitchen sink, or his slaps that he does in the corner prior to the muscle buster.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
I seriously can't recall seeing more than maybe 10 moves out of him. I don't believe I've ever truly see him do a basic scoop slam or vertical suplex. Rarely any ground moves, maybe you can find a kick to the back occasionally. I just don't know what the big deal about this fat piece of shit is. I mean, if you're going to rep the Isle of Samoa... shouldn't you at least incorporate a Samoan Drop, or some kind of fireman's carry position move? If you can find me this list of 30 moves, that he's done on a REGULAR basis, I'll forfeit a bit of respect. But don't list a running clothesline or a kitchen sink, or his slaps that he does in the corner prior to the muscle buster.

I've seen him do plenty of scoop slams. Rarely any ground moves? He uses the STF quite a lot, the choke is a ground move too. I've seen him use a Samoan Drop on more than once occasion, hell, he beat Sting two years back with it!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I've never been that big on Joe. He has some good matches, but he also has some snoozes. I'd like him if his mic skills were up to par. Unfortunately they're quite the bore as well.

ROH Joe > TNA Joe tbfh.

Soulpower

ROH Joe > TNA Joe tbfh.

This. Partly because of TNA's atrocious booking, and partly due to Joe letting himself go. He's always been a bit heavy, but its become far more noticeable these past couple of months. Its like he doesn't even attempt to work out anymore.

noumenon

But it's okay guys...he's coming back....with a big black tribal cock on his face..

Keelan Balderson

Reaction score
Its not Joe that sucks. He has amazing wrestling ability. You are only as good as the way you are booked. Watch his first few months in TNA and tell me he was overrated. TNA have booked him in to a corner and now as the guy above said, he's coming back with a big cumstain on his face.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
The only time Joe has ever been any good is when he has someone who can bump like mad for him. Anytime Joe has to make someone look as equal to him, he sucks. That's why his matches with AJ and/or Daniels were good, because both those guys could bump well for him.

Joe sucks. The sooner people understand, the better.

Axis

I've never been that big on Joe. He has some good matches, but he also has some snoozes. I'd like him if his mic skills were up to par. Unfortunately they're quite the bore as well.

ROH Joe > TNA Joe tbfh.

Agreed about ROH Joe being better than TNA Joe. That still means that Joe is great, though. He has been one (if not the) biggest draws on the independent scene. That means something.

J

This has probably been said but I don't think it's the fact that he is over rated its just the fact that people who are indy scene fans got to see a side of Joe that the people who only watch TNA never see out of him. Is this his fault? Not at all, but if you want to see why people think he's one of the best watch some indy shit and not his role in TNA.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
go watch joe in ROH or joe wrestle styles this guy is great you have a right to your opinon though

LKP

Sorry if this topic already exists...

Obviously the guy has a great intensity to him, and his athleticism for his size is cool... but what the hell does Samoa Joe actually provide?

The guy sucked ass when he wrestled in WWE against Essa Rios. He's always been lackluster as far as moves. His muscle buster is cool because it's pretty unique to mainstream professional wrestling. His move set aside from that isn't incredible. A snap powerslam, running one-footed dropkick, overhead "Pele" kick on the turnbuckle, rear-naked choke, and occasionally you'll get a face-wash.

I've seriously never been impressed with the guy, and don't understand why he gets any credit. Not to mention, the guy's mic skills (since plenty of you use that for a credential) are terrible! He wasn't even impressive as a heel, slamming guys onto chairs and all that junk :/.

So what is it about Samoa Joe that people honestly like?

I have been waiting for someone to do this for joe, aj or orton now i have time to say my piece.
Don't be so fucking stupid, i understand its your opinion but dude are you thick? Samoa joe is one of the ebst wrestlers in the world. Have you seen any of his ROH matches? Yeah his tna moveset now isnt awesome but its tna's fault. You seen joe vs Daniels vs styles? Tell me he sucks then. He has more moves than you will ever have. Slagging someone off that is a million miles better than you at probably crapping on the toilet is stupid.
Go watch samoa joes matches in ROH, his 3 iron man macthes with punk are the 3 best matches you will ever see in your life. Do not say he hass lackluster of moves, he is better than 98% of the wwe roster and can pull a good match out of absolutely anyone. Yeah hes a bit stale now that's totally tna's fault or he has to slow down cause his body probably cant take it. Trust me if he came to wwe he might be worse than you think he is now. In my eyes behind the rock the best samoan wrestler in history. There is a reason why people chant JOE IS GOING TO KILL YOU!
All fans around the world tna roh you should know hes good at what he does, and people who slag him off or think he snot that good are just morons.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I mean, if you're going to rep the Isle of Samoa... shouldn't you at least incorporate a Samoan Drop, or some kind of fireman's carry position move?

Wait... so every Samoan should use a Samoan Drop or a variation of? Doesn't that seem like an awfully silly thing to say?

But it's okay guys...he's coming back....with a big black tribal cock on his face..

Joemaga