• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sammy Guevara Suspended

Crocker

From Fightful Select

An All Elite Wrestler has faced a suspension, and it isn’t their first.

Fightful Select has learned that All Elite Wrestling mainstay Sammy Guevara is now serving a suspension in connection to the February 14 match he had against Jeff Hardy. During the match, Jeff Hardy sustained an injury, and concussion protocol was not followed, which resulted in Sammy Guevara hitting his finisher on Hardy, which we’re told shouldn’t have happened.

We haven’t been given specifics on how long the suspension is, or additional details. Guevara did end up working a No DQ match with Powerhouse Hobbs after the Hardy match.

There is no timetable for Hardy’s return.

We've reached out to Sammy for comment, which wasn't immediately returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Hopefully he stops doing that move, because it isn’t the first time he fucked it up, and now it has him suspended. Shame.

Cwalker

Prayers really go out to Jeff.

Hopefully something like this doesn’t happen in the future

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I will say that the shooting star in general is just a hard move to see how you’re twisting because of how you have to flip backwards and push forward. Even Billy Kidman who did like a 1000 of them hurt at least two people that I know of.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I think it's more likely this fine is more for the move being hit wrong than not following protocol after as I think they've even said Jeff didn't get a concussion, but he did break his nose

Chris

Dreams are Endless
That actually makes a lot of sense. If you get the call to end a match early after you smack someone in the face with your knee...do it without hitting your finish which is also smacking them in the face with your knee

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
That actually makes a lot of sense. If you get the call to end a match early after you smack someone in the face with your knee...do it without hitting your finish which is also smacking them in the face with your knee
Yeah. This makes it make more sense for sure. He should have just did a roll up and called it a day.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
So it wasn’t specifically the shooting star it was how how he did the finish to match after it was communicated to him. That makes more sense.

I’m willing to bet Sammy got confused by the instruction and thought it just meant to just go home which usually means they hit your finish and then pin them. Which just does mean that Sammy needs to in his suspension evaluate oh yes, no don’t hit him with your knee. I don’t think he had any malicious intent. It was just stupidity on his part.