• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sami Zayn calls WrestleMania match against Knoxville one of his all-time favorites

Chris

Dreams are Endless
116_wm38_04032022ca_15428--d129a7f2ebf7a1b7542e14c23aaf30f6.jpg

source: f4wonline.com

Sami Zayn says that his WrestleMania 38 anything goes match against Johnny Knoxville is "as good as it gets" and one of his "all time favorites."

Zayn posted his thoughts on the Knoxville match today on social media.

"My Wrestlemania match against Johnny Knoxville is one of my all time favorites. Definitely one of the matches I’m most proud of. I’ve had a lot of great matches in my career, I’d put this up with any of them. Anyone who saw this match will remember it. That’s as good as it gets."
Knoxville defeated Zayn in a slapstick brawl that featured cameos from Jackass's Party Boy and Wee Man, pinning Zayn as he was stuck in a giant mousetrap.

Knoxville responded to Zayn's sentiments in an Instagram comment:

"I hate to say anything nice so I won’t. So suck it Sami!!"
Knoxville and Zayn's feud began in the build to the 2022 Royal Rumble. Knoxville "qualified" for the match by throwing Zayn over the top rope on SmackDown, then Zayn eliminated Knoxville from the Rumble match.

The feud continued with Zayn crashing Knoxville's Jackass Forever movie premiere, and being ejected from the event by security. The feud culminated in the WrestleMania bout.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
I'd say it's one of my favourites too. It honestly reminded me of what wrestling is all about. We are all there to have fun and enjoy ourselves. The match was complete hilarity, but also legitimately entertaining as a match. It's exactly what you'd expect from a Jackass star vs a Wrestler. Zayn and Knoxville completely killed it, and it's a match I'll remember fondly from it.

Sabretooth

Yeah this match was way better then it had any right to be. I wasn’t looking forward to it at all and ended up loving it. It literally turned into a full blown jackass episode and it was great. I was laughing my ass off during the whole thing. When Wee man attacked Sami that was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Now I'm a HUGE Jackass fan and being able to actually see Jackass Forever in an actual movie theatre this year AND to get to see this match this year... man two of the very, VERY few things that made life actually kinda bearable over these last two years.

...and I'm still stunned that this match actually got a pass from so many fans, 'cause we all know this sort of stuff usually gets ripped in a thousand pieces, before it's even over.

Also, I said it before, Zayn got a high profile Mania match/feud and one of the very few they actually build up over a loooong ass time. That is pretty rare in the WWE nowadays. Zayn didn't get out of this in a worse state than he was in before. ...well, okay, except for the IC title stuff.

Last edited: