Sabu Career Over????

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer Money Army

PWInsider is reporting that former ECW, TNA and WWE star Sabu did not work the main event of the XPW "Cold Day in Hell" event as originally advertised and had no physical involvement on the show.

According to reports, Sabu was described as being in pretty bad shape backstage and was overheard telling people that he will need to undergo surgery to have rods placed in his back. Sabu is said to be in so much pain right now that there is no way he can or should be taking bumps in the ring at this point. It remains to be seen if the surgery would help change his condition and if he would resume an active career in wrestling after that.

well the bumps, that sabu has taking over the years... I'm not surprised if his back is in very bad condition....

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
That sucks, but it would come eventually. To be honest I'm suprised he's lasted this long.

C4

It had to happen some day or the other with Sabu, even after getting 1000's of injuries with your body if you decide and continue with you career and continue having brutal matches then in the end you're going to be left in pain.... forever!

Sabu was a risk-taker he did just about everything that we can think of, I hope the surgery succeeds and he retires without having a permanent problem because I don't want to see him get his career "over" because of an injury or be left in pain after his retirement from wrestling. But I highly doubt it, Sabu might as well wrestle until he can't walk or is totally fucked up, he has a lot of passion for the business itself and he is going to wrestle until he is dead.

Evil Austin

Well I respect Sabu with all I can respect him with but I guess its time to hang up your boots before you do something stupid... well not like you haven't been doing anything stupid your whole carrier I meen more stupid.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
This is excatly why WWE won't be returning to high flying extreme wrestling any time soon. Sabu's lucky he isn't worse off, Dynamite Kid got crippled as did Habayusa (I even look away everytime Jericho attempts a Lionsault because I always think he'll botch it like Habayusa) and Benoit had brain damage that some say led to what he did.

Sabu is a perfect example as to why Vince won't let his wrestlers do all that flying around that they do in ROH & TNA. For the safety of wrestlers not because they can't do that stuff.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Sabu is going to wrestle till he's dead.

I agree. It probably isn't the best decision on his part, but he's going to die in the ring. I can't see him calling it quits, that's just not who he is. He's going to have to be paralyzed or ded before he's done.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Sabu seriously needs to retire. Foley retired well before he was too old to continue doing what he was doing, and he'll always be respected and admired for what he did. If Sabu gets steel rods in his back and wrestles until he takes a fatal injury and dies in hospital, the IWC may respect him but nobody else will. They'll remember him as "that idiot who killed himself in the ring." He needs to do himself and professional wrestling a favor and retire with dignity.

Reaction score
He should call it quits, but we all know Sabu probably won't do that. One of the hardest working men in the history of wrestling. It didn't matter if its the most unknown Indy promotion, or in WWE, Sabu will always give you an all out effort, and sacrifice himself for a good match. I have tons of respect for him, stay healthy Sabu!

chessarmy

Well after all the bumps he has taken, I'm not surprised about this. Hopefully he gets his surgery and retires the way we all want him to, while he can still walk. I respect Sabu for what he has done in the business, and all the risks that he has taken, but now is the perfect time to retire. The guy took some crazy bumps over his career, and if he keeps going who knows whats going to happen to him.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Sabu seriously needs to retire. Foley retired well before he was too old to continue doing what he was doing, and he'll always be respected and admired for what he did. If Sabu gets steel rods in his back and wrestles until he takes a fatal injury and dies in hospital, the IWC may respect him but nobody else will. They'll remember him as "that idiot who killed himself in the ring." He needs to do himself and professional wrestling a favor and retire with dignity.

I agree, he should let it go. I'll have no more respect for him if he continues to wrestle. It doesn't take a man to keep going out there and destroying your body, anyone can do that. Sometimes it takes a man to except that it's over and call it quits.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Sabu is going to wrestle till he's dead.

I agree. It probably isn't the best decision on his part, but he's going to die in the ring. I can't see him calling it quits, that's just not who he is. He's going to have to be paralyzed or ded before he's done.

He should call it quits, but we all know Sabu probably won't do that. One of the hardest working men in the history of wrestling. It didn't matter if its the most unknown Indy promotion, or in WWE, Sabu will always give you an all out effort, and sacrifice himself for a good match. I have tons of respect for him, stay healthy Sabu!

He's likely doing this because he has to. If he had enough money to retire, he never would have done the WWE stint.

In short, he's broke.

Soulpower

What MS said. And that's always been the biggest knock against Sabu. His personality and his ego don't allow him to stay in one place for a long time, (ECW, WCW, WWE, TNA) and he's usually making chump change in the indies when he could be making big money elsewhere.

He'll probably end up like Dynamite Kid, living in a shitty apartment while he's bound to a wheelchair. The sad part is that we all saw it coming.

1chiban

Reaction score
I heard that he was not actually at the XPW show - he was wrestling at another indy event according to TMR