Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I know a lot of people don't really like Ryback for many different reasons. But, after watching Smackdown last night, I couldn't help to think that his new gimmick is being a bully. I think that may be the perfect gimmick for him. Because he doesn't have to act too intelligent or mature on the mic. Maybe give him a feud against Rey Mysterio if he ever comes back? Or maybe even let him and Kofi battle it out a bit.

What do you guys think about Ryback's current gimmick and what you think wwe should do with him?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He's going to be put on the Upper Midcard back burner until an injury. People chant goldberg at him and WWE should have really taken a cue from that he was much better when he wasn't saying a word. He could use a mouthpiece perhaps Teddy or Booker?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He really just shouldn't have been turned full-blown heel against Cena, that really screwed him up because he had to talk more and he's not as good as he needs to be at that yet. This current bully gimmick is alright, but I can't really get into it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
They gave us the tease of a partner up with Vickie and I thought that could have worked well, but then they made Vickie GM so I guess that's not happening.... I don't know, he's decent enough in the ring for a power guy and he has a good look, not so good on the mic so you would think monster heel who doesn't say much would work but they don't really seem like they want to go that route with him although the roster really only has one right now with Brock as Kane, Show, and Henry are all working as faces... He's got a place in the company for sure, just have to figure out how to get him back over with the crowd

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's a liability in the ring, he should go back to nXt or just be straight up fired.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I liked him but thought they pushed him too fast, he was pushed into a corner last year when it was either he won the title or lost his unbeaten record.

Should of gone unbeaten till Mania and had a big match there.

He's "just another guy" now. Of course that can all be changed once they give a fuck enough to write him a good enough storyline.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's a liability in the ring, he should go back to nXt or just be straight up fired.

How is he a liability in the ring? Who did he hurt? Not being able to fully catch Daniel Bryan while his ass is on his forehead makes him a liability? har har har some people around here.

I for one like this version of Ryback, just act like an asshole jock we all know or been in highschool. His promo on Smackdown! was gold, the childish repeating of questions, the slapping around of little nobodies...Awesome. He was always a bully from his first match as Ryback last year, he was just beating up little jobbers and saying "feed me more" after he was done, in essence just burying the jobbers and saying he wants more, like the guy who wins a fight and looks around asking "who else wants some?". Now he just verbalizes his heelish nature and I think it's working, bullying random writers and production staffers, then walking away from guys who could kick his ass. It's great.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of it to really care too much, I think it's a wait and see kind of thing. See where they really go with it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Seriously outside his trademark offense, he rarely hits anything crisp. He also does those awkward moves Goldberg used to because of his raw power and just tosses people around. You shouldn't have a green wrestler makin' shit up on the spot. So yeah, he's a liability.

He does have decent mic skills for his heel role but honestly most wrestlers sound better and more confident as heels especially young in their careers. It's just easier. I can't give him too much credit for that.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think Ryback is getting back on track now that they've clarified his heel gimmick a bit more.

When he first turned, started talking more and fighting less and less willing to fight someone who can match his strength like Cena (the loss to Henry now makes sense as a turning point), I thought they were turning Ryback into a common opportunist heel which is lame. But now he's rambling more about how in the wild the strong prey on the weak and a guy like him is always hungry. He's not suddenly scared to fight and picking his battles like it seemed, he just gets off on using his strength to bully those who can't threaten him. I'm starting to dig the new Ryback, but he's less fun in the ring at the moment.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bully Ry > Bully Ray because WWE > TNA.

Boom.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE screwed up his intial push by not being decisive enough and by turning him heel. During that early run he should have either won the title and been taken out of the title scene, giving him title match after title match where he loses every time did nothing for him. He was also getting over so well as a face that they shouldn't have turned him heel just because he was facing Cena.

I don't mind this new gimmick, actually shows us something that we should boo him for. Seems like he is reenacting everything Orton did in his first few years in the company re bullying everyone around. They need to keep him where he is at and start building him up again, give him some actual wins and allow him to establish himself again.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Ryback seems a lot more comfortable with this gimmick than he did when he first turned heel. He's got that swagger when he walks to the ring and genuinely seems to be enjoying himself.

It's not going to be hard to build him up again. Al it takes is him beating smaller guys like Kofi, Bryan, etc to get the bully gimmick over and then finally someone steps up to stop the bully.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ryback is going to be hotshotted a feud I think, the heel side of WWE is very cold at the moment and need to make some genuine heels. Why not have Ryback bully the fuck out of nobody jobbers until someone like a Big Show takes exception to the bully.