Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Censorious said:
I honestly want to see Ryback used to completely destroy Big Show and become IC champion.

That would be awesome.

That is the first time I've actually watched Ryback and I thought he looked very good. He is a big guy who actually has wrestling ability, could get very over with the fans as a face if they don't make him smiley.

Is he any good on the mic?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
That would be awesome.

That is the first time I've actually watched Ryback and I thought he looked very good. He is a big guy who actually has wrestling ability, could get very over with the fans as a face if they don't make him smiley.

Is he any good on the mic?

Took me literally 50+ minutes to find a single segment where he spoke, even though he spoke a lot during his nexus run. Stupid YouTubers.

Skip to 2.20 for Skip, but the whole segment is quality tbh.

Anyway yeah, he's good on the mic and I definitely think a similar character to Austin's would fit him perfectly.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Censorious said:

Took me literally 50+ minutes to find a single segment where he spoke, even though he spoke a lot during his nexus run. Stupid YouTubers.

Skip to 2.20 for Skip, but the whole segment is quality tbh.

Anyway yeah, he's good on the mic and I definitely think a similar character to Austin's would fit him perfectly.

He's decent enough on the mic going by that promo. He's basically the full package. He doesn't need to speak that much because he can get over via his in-ring work, but it's good that he has mic skills because he will be able to advance fueds.

Barrett is awesome, by the way.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Barrett is the best heel in professional wrestling (in my opinion, Bully, Steen etc come close).

And agreed, as long as he isn't some smiley joke guy he'll do amazingly. His NXT gimmick where he was some cowboy was cringe worthy, no one noticed him. He was arguably the star of Nexus (behind Barrett). Even his clothesline looked lethal.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Barrett is amazing. Gutted he had to get injured, he's still destined for big things though.

Can't wait to see Ryback progress, think he can go very far, hopefully wins the IC title within the next few months.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! said:
Who really knows if they're actually rebuilding him? Maybe, maybe not, but his contract expires this year and they will most likely not renew it.

If they're using him as a face then he will probably end up like Mason Ryan and then thrown out of the picture, he'd do great as a monster heel to be honest.

Mark Henry actually has the longest winning streak in WWE right now behind Brodus.

We'll see how Ryback does, but being on Smackdown and beating jobbers are two things that are really going to hold him back until the draft (see Mahal, Jinder, even though he sucks)

Lghtcrasha

Jobber
Reaction score
I was kinda impressed by Ryback. Not only did he make his debut a strong one, but also he gave the impression that he is a serious contender. Look out!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He sort of reminds me of that juiced up meathead who used to be in the Nexus. But if it were the same guy, I'm sure the commentators would have mentioned it, and not have just acted like it never happened. Maybe they are brothers.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I liked his squash match, very dominant. There was just one thing I saw during the match: Goldberg. Screaming and taunting that it was done, the signature and the finisher. Really Goldberg alike.

bretlacour1

Jobber
Reaction score
I think they should change his name because I can't take the name "Ryback" seriously. Although, he did look good in his debut.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
bretlacour1 said:
I think they should change his name because I can't take the name "Ryback" seriously. Although, he did look good in his debut.

Ryback sucks, but I can't really sit here and say Skip Sheffield is any better :silva:

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ryback has potential to be more of a big personality than Mason Ryan. That's all I can cheer him for.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Jose Tortilla said:
I liked his squash match, very dominant. There was just one thing I saw during the match: Goldberg. Screaming and taunting that it was done, the signature and the finisher. Really Goldberg alike.

Exactly what I was going to say. He fully reminded me of Goldberg, his moveset, everything. He's got potential.