• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RVD's Contract Expires

Troy

pwinsider said:
Rob Van Dam is not booked for the Impact taping tonight in Chicago. There's a good reason for that. His TNA deal expired last week. The two sides are talking but right now, he is a free agent.

Finally an explanation for why he missed the PPV last week. Pretty bad that another's guys contract was allowed to expire under Prichard's watch. I could understand if they didn't want RVD anymore but they are still talking with him.

I don't think TNA will re-sign him on anything close to his former deal. He was paid a lot when he signed on a few years back but hasn't really delivered and part of that is due to their booking of him. They probably won't be able to work out a deal with him and he will be back to random one off appearances everywhere.

Do you think that he will re-sign with TNA?

Cwalker

I honestly want RVD to go away. The guy hasn't bee entertaining in forever and his matches have been the same for the past 8 years. Just retire Rob

Troy

I can't see him retiring. If TNA don't offer him a new contract then I expect him to make some indy appearances and even a WWE appearance or two before he hangs up the boots

Deezy

DZ PZ
I personally couldn't care less about Van Dam anymore, ther was a tinme when I thought this guy could be a franchise player, but aftercountless interviews of himself pretty much burying himself with a markish attitude, and his abysmal run in TNA.

He can try run a show with Dreamer for all I care.

Rated R Superstar

Yeah, I wouldn't be too bothered if he wasn't resigned. He just hasn't been fun to watch lately. Sure it's good to see him for nostalgia purposes, but that has nearly worn off.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
I do like that we got an explanation for why he may have not been booked at the PPV. Although that match was already sloppy enough as it was.

SAIYANS

I think he would give wwe more than he did TNA both of himself as he seemed lethargic at times in TNA and as an attraction. Think he could get up for one big run into retirement with good money, good exposure, and a couple feuds and title reigns in the IC and tag divisions

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Finally an explanation for why he missed the PPV last week. Pretty bad that another's guys contract was allowed to expire under Prichard's watch. I could understand if they didn't want RVD anymore but they are still talking with him.

I don't think TNA will re-sign him on anything close to his former deal. He was paid a lot when he signed on a few years back but hasn't really delivered and part of that is due to their booking of him. They probably won't be able to work out a deal with him and he will be back to random one off appearances everywhere.

Do you think that he will re-sign with TNA?

Why the booking of him? Van Dam is one guy TNA has given every chance to suceed, he has just proven a big waste of money. Also its not as if there aren't guys with bigger name value there.

punk13

really wouldn't bother me for RVD to retire. haven't cared to watch him in the longest time.

Franco

RVD would make a great surprise entrant for the MITB matches. I'm not sure if he has a 90 day no compete clause, but if WWE plans to bring him back it would be the best to wait until that PPV.

SBS

Honestly people saying Van Dam should go back to WWE is in my opinion a mistake. Van Dam is exactly what the WWE doesn't need. The wrestling business today is so busy trying to resuscitate the past. Both TNA and WWE are doing this. Van Dam would be worthless in the PG era as most of his stuff which made me interested involved a chair to the face. He can't do that in the E. I think Van Dam should go back to impact but only on a part time basis. He isn't worth the television time he was getting. He should be used more as a trainer and teacher than anything. That's how I'd use him. If RVD never wrestled for TNA or WWE I wouldn't care, but I feel there is nothing for him left in the E but in TNA he could still work, as a trainer and mentor, not necessarily a performer.