RVD/TNA Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Man, this is nothing special at all. Just means that RVD's comic shop is either out of business or just doesn't make ends meet or doesn't pay the reefer dealer.

No one care's less than RVD. That's not an opinion, that's a fuckin fact, even when he was in shape he was sloppy as hell, wrestled the same match for the entire duration of his WWE career and is just a one trick pony. BAD. BAD. BAD.

LOL. ^This.

I couldn't stand the guy. Every match was the exact same spots.Rolling Thunder, Spinkick, Split Legged Moonsault, 5 * Frogsplash, pin. He put no effort into the most basic of moves, he couldn't even sell a punch . believably when he was throwing one!!!!!

Plus, look at the guy, he's BEYOND ridicule! He looks like he stepped out of 1986, lmfao

Kizza

Overrated, over the hill, blah blah blah.

I don't get why TNA get crap for bringing in other over the hill wrestlers, but get praised for bringing in RVD? Hypocrisy.

Montana

What??? RVD is a legend...especially if you were a big ECW fan back in the day. 10 years ago, he was probably the best wrestler in america, or at least one of them. Over the hill....i'd say no.... Rusty, for sure. Hell, look at like 3 years ago with ECW. He still had it then.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Rob Van Dam Reportedly To Debut On TNA iMPACT! Monday

F4WOnline.com is reporting that former WWE and ECW star Rob Van Dam is almost confirmed to appear on iMPACT! Monday night on SpikeTV.

According to the source, RVD has not signed a deal with TNA but rather wants to work a few shows to see how he is used before signing any form of contact.

Travis40

Look at guys like Chuck. They grew up watching ECW and seeing this guy in his prime. There you go, there's a off the sheet market that with the right booking, will go and see what RVD is doing in TNA. (why the hell would booker bring ratings, he wasn't the face of WCW like RVD was for ECW)

He may have been the face of ECW, but Kurt Angle was one of WWE's top stars when he went to TNA, and the ratings continued to stay at 1.0-1.1

if Kurt Angle can't bring ratings up, neither can RVD.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
RVD is wrestling on the 29th so there might not be a deal done until then.

The RVD signing will at least bring a reaction in the ring instead of name value. I agree with Montana that he was pretty good in his last year with the WWE, he's always been the same. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a legend though. But there's no way RVD alone is bringing the rating up. at least he'll be packaged with all the other big names on Monday though.

Reaction score
RVD wasn't the face of ECW. ECW was a special case in wrestling, the atmosphere, the fans, the type of product made ECW what it was. Not a single worker stood out more than the other, and if someone were to argue that, then names like Sandman, Tazz, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer ALL come before RVD.

And about Booker, about 2 million more people were aware of Booker T than people being aware of ECW in general. Not really an opinion, just a fact.