RVD Says WWE Shouldn't Test For Weed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

6194life

Reaction score
RVD Says WWE Shouldn't Test For Weed
Date Added: December 17, 2007
Story By: Richard Gray

- Rob Van Dam recently said during an appearance on the Joe McDonnell Experience radio show that he does not feel that WWE should be testing for marijuana. Van Dam said that when you are dealing with things such as anti-depressants or painkillers, weed should be the least of WWE’s worries. For those that do not remember, RVD was busted by police after he won the WWE Championship last year with Sabu smoking marijuana. If you fail a marijuana test in WWE you are not subject to suspension but are fined for the violation.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Hey, as long as their not lit up before the match, I see no reason why they should be testing for any recreational drugs.

the dark knight

yea, they should be tested like hours before the shows. he can have all the fun he wants later...

CenaMark54

I don't agree with RVD one bit.

I smoked back in the day, but not very much and not for very long. So I am just speaking from my experience and friends of mine. I'm not an expert by any means.

I realize that weed has different affects on different people. It made me want to go to sleep, to other people it had the opposite effect. I have also had friends become dependant on it. They say it isn't addicting but I tend to disagree. Combine that with the fact that some people do stupid shit and you have a mess on your hands especially in a situation where you are responsible for someone elses safety.

I just don't think its a good idea to just take someone on their word that they aren't high before matches and testing someone right before won't work because it stays in the system for 20 plus days.

I'm not one to impede on someones right to use drugs if they want to just as long as they do it in a safe manner, I could care less. I just don't want them driving when i'm on the road just as I'm sure wrestlers don't want to be working with someone who is stoned.

Enigma22

Reaction score
well since he was the wwe and ecw champ at the time he definitely shouldnt have been smoking anything. thats a lot of responsibility. if ur going on tv once or twice a week and performing for millions of viewers u probably shouldnt be smokin a joint in the locker room before the show lol (not that he was doing that (or was he?))

but anyways i know plenty of people who smoke pot and i know u can pass a drug test pretty easily even if u were smoking a week before. i know someone who passed one when he was smoking the day before.

anyways i really dont care if he smokes as long as he doesnt ruin the show. id personally let him smoke if he had a few days before he had to do anything but definitely not even the day before a televised match.

J

I agree with RVD...What a wrestler does on his own time is there business...hell Wrestlers don't get finned for drinking and we all know drinking is alot more worse than Marijuana...