Russo off the writing team? - I hope to all thats holy its true.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hit N Run

Reaction score
Got this from a sports board connected to BBC in the UK, 606 Boards. Was wondering if anyone here had heard anything about this.

"TNA creative writer Vince Russo has plans to move from Colorado to Nashville, Tennessee and has made noise about assuming a different job within the organization, away from writing."

Source: Wrestling Observer

It apparently comes from a paid area of the Observer, so the poster was giving it more credability than normal.

I can't go check myself, as the bloody site is blocked here at work.

Anyways, heres hoping that its true.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Double J

Reaction score
Good maybe now TNA can pull someone in who will have some fresh ideas and ca....Oh...wait...no nevermind Hogan and Bischoff will just do all the writing....

phantomgerald

Reaction score
The cancer has already spread so much that changing Russo won't change anything. To really start anew, get rid of Bischoff and Russo completely away from the company. Then bring in new guys. Heyman and Cornette would be cool but you need someone who approves/disapproves everything. In WWE, there's Vince. They need someone like that in TNA and Dixie sure as hell is not.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I don't think getting rid of Russo will do anything, there's other members of this creative team and I'm sure they're to blame for the shitty product as well

Kizza

Reaction score
I'm not as anti-Russo as others, but they really need a fresh start.

Reaction score
Tbh Eric Bischoff is all in for Ratings. i don't think he care how the shows turn out to be. If you dont care how the shows turn out to be, how does that look like for the future programming for TNA and it's company itself.

I Know Russo isn't a great writer, But he pushes the shows into a future. While Eric.B. would be just for the ratings and won't care.

I wonder if Jeff Jarrett would write for the shows. The guy has been in the business for decades and could be quality. if Mick Foley is within the company still. how about getting him to help within the writer.

Reaction score
:dancebart::dancebart::dancebart::dancebart: That is great news if its true. and maybe TNA will get higher raitings (yeah right)

hndsmepete

Reaction score
The cancer has already spread so much that changing Russo won't change anything. To really start anew, get rid of Bischoff and Russo completely away from the company. Then bring in new guys. Heyman and Cornette would be cool but you need someone who approves/disapproves everything. In WWE, there's Vince. They need someone like that in TNA and Dixie sure as hell is not.

Cornette would not be cool, it would be a complete retread of the last few years, plus Cornette hates Heyman & would probably end up making terroristic threats against him if they worked together. I think Cornette is too stuck in the 80's to do any kind of a modern show, plus TNA would never take him back after all the shit he's talked & written about them & their employees. Cornette spent a lot of time in the 90's talking about how much ECW sucks & Heyman personally. I'd rather see Paul Heyman & Mick Foley working together. Russo is clearly not a good writer & if he actually had all the talent that he claims he does TNA would already be surpassing WWE. Heyman has an ability to get people over no matter what their faults or limitations are, he just needs total control of the company & not be involved in the financial aspects to make it work. Mick Foley has a genuine love for the business & a great mind for it that it just makes sense to put him in a backstage position.