Rumors of a CM Punk return? Do you believe them?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I don't think I believe it, but here's the article I saw:
http://www.inquisitr.com/1463114/wwe-cm-punk-vs-sting-match-confirmed-for-phil-brooks-return/

Yes, even if you just read the article link it says 'cm punk vs sting match confirmed'. Wait what!?

The WWE rumor mill is getting a little crazy lately because supposedly now CM Punk Vs. Sting has been confirmed as Punk’s WWE return match. But is this idea legit or is this rumor a big pile of steaming you-know-what?

I'll go with a steaming pile for $200 Alex. But seriously, Sting Vs CM Punk? Maybe a few years ago that might have been cool, but now? I dunno. If he returned I'd much rather see him vs someone younger who could put on an outstanding match. I mean, I know Sting is a legend but the guy is getting on in years ain't he?

Also in the article was more info on the Punk/WWE legal issues.

It’s also claimed the WWE is scrubbing CM Punk out of their history, although the rewriting of history has been on a piece-by-piece and has not yet included wholesale denial of anything major. Some WWE sources believe also believe WWE 2K15 could be delayed by CM Punk’s lawsuit but it’s possible there are several ways for the video game developer to work around the issue in time for October, including limiting the character to a purchasable CM Punk DLC.
Whoa really?

The article also talks about who else Sting might face when he makes his debut in WWE. On the list are a fatal 4-way between Punk (if he does return)/Reigns/Lesnar/Sting, the Undertaker (duh), and John Cena. All of which don't really get me that excited.

Anyway, I kind of think this whole article is nothing but fluff and rumors, but I know how much some of you guys just LOVE discussing Phil Brooks and his goings on in WWE, so there ya go.
:pipebomb:

Shortie8611

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.chat-addicts.com
There have been so many rumours going around since CM Punk walked out earlier in the year and all have so far been proven wrong. I really do feel that CM Punk is done with the WWE now and no matter how many want to see him back he's just not willing to. I read something the other day about his possibly suing the WWE but I never really read into it. If this was true and he is planning to sue them for whatever reason I guess that would pretty much state that we will not see him back in the WWE.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
There have been so many rumours going around since CM Punk walked out earlier in the year and all have so far been proven wrong. I really do feel that CM Punk is done with the WWE now and no matter how many want to see him back he's just not willing to. I read something the other day about his possibly suing the WWE but I never really read into it. If this was true and he is planning to sue them for whatever reason I guess that would pretty much state that we will not see him back in the WWE.
http://wweforums.net/threads/cm-punk-hires-lawyers-to-take-on-wwe.37932/
:dawg:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This article is preposterous and I'm obviously not putting any serious consideration into its claims one way or the other. Lesnar vs Punk vs Reigns vs Sting at next year's Mania? lol goodness.

That said, I actually do expect Punk to return at some point. Wrestling is in his blood, and besides, Steve Austin's walk out in 2002 was a much bigger deal than Punk's was, and yet he was back with the company only eight months later. The fact that Punk is suing them doesn't prove he's done with them for good either. Sable sued them and was welcomed back with open arms. Warrior sued them (and won!) and yet McMahon tried to bring him back. Others - Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jesse Ventura, Stone Cold, etc. - have all crossed the boss in their own way and they all eventually returned. History has shown there's no such thing as burning your bridges with Vince... unless you maybe plot to kill him and his family or something, and even then, he'd probably bring you back and try to turn it into a storyline. :kiss:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This article is preposterous and I'm obviously not putting any serious consideration into its claims one way or the other. Lesnar vs Punk vs Reigns vs Sting at next year's Mania? lol goodness.

That said, I actually do expect Punk to return at some point. Wrestling is in his blood, and besides, Steve Austin's walk out in 2002 was a much bigger deal than Punk's was, and yet he was back with the company only eight months later. The fact that Punk is suing them doesn't prove he's done with them for good either. Sable sued them and was welcomed back with open arms. Warrior sued them (and won!) and yet McMahon tried to bring him back. Others - Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Jesse Ventura, Stone Cold, etc. - have all crossed the boss in their own way and they all eventually returned. History has shown there's no such thing as burning your bridges with Vince... unless you maybe plot to kill him and his family or something, and even then, he'd probably bring you back and try to turn it into a storyline. :kiss:
I agree......give it time....it may even take years but Punk will be back....one night after WrestleMania, SummerSlam, or some bigger PPV.....Raw will start and we'll hear, "Look in my eyes!!!! What doy uo see?!?!?!" Punk will walk out slowly eyeing the WWE universe with a grin on his face.

t4terrific

Reaction score
Sting needs to wrestle a "legend" of his own status, and it needs to be a WWF legend, or it won't really mean much. Sting needs to wrestle Taker, HHH, Shawn Michaels, the Rock, or Stone Cold.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Here, I'll save this boring ass thread for you guys

EN1nXdi.gif

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Nope, this is bullshit. However, I do hope to see Punk's return someday.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't see him coming back. And quite frankly I don't miss him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Could care less if he came back or if he stayed retired, not gonna lose sleep over it. Personally I doubt he'll be returning to the WWE.