Rumor: X Division Star wants out of TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

wrestlezone said:
The hot rumor making the rounds among the wrestlers backstage at the iMPACT tapings and Bound For Glory is that Johnny Devine has asked for his release from TNA. As of press time this is just a rumor, so of course take it with a grain of salt.

Devine appeared at TNA’s Bound For Glory 2008 PPV first in the Steel Asylum match, then again to help Team 3D in choke slamming Abyss through a flaming table during the Monster’s Ball match. He looks much more muscular now than he was the last time he appeared on television.

I don't fucking blame him one bit....

Dre

Reaction score
Same here Travis. I'm not suprise at all that Johnny Devine ask for a release since TNA isn't doing nothing with him or the other superstars (Besides Davari, Creed, Lethal, & Williams) in the X-Division.

Wordlife

^100% agreed on that... he needs to jump ship to WWE if he wants somewhat of a career, TNA has no room for him

This Guy

^100% agreed on that... he needs to jump ship to WWE if he wants somewhat of a career, TNA has no room for him

yeah cause if he goes to WWE that will guarentee him a career....Hi I'm Danny Walker, Brandon Walker's brother..... Knock Knock, I've been released too.

Dre

Reaction score
yeah cause if he goes to WWE that will guarentee him a career....Hi I'm Danny Walker, Brandon Walker's brother..... Knock Knock, I've been released too.

:rofl:

I think it's best that Johnny Devine to wrestle in the indies for a little while. Mostly for ROH or in PWG.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

ROH wouldn't take Devine. You know why? Because he's shit.

phantomgerald

This is probably the peak of his career. I don't think he'll make it anywhere else.

Soulpower

Johnny Devine's a star?

The guy's no good, just release him. That way TNA can save some money, and use it to pay another washed-up wrestler to run all over the younger talent.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
You look back on former X-Division champs and you see how great they were, and how they helped rise the X-Division alot. You see people like Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and many, many more. You look at Devine and see... what? He has no talent, he isn't entertaining at all and looks like a typical jobber. He's a waste of space, and isn't needed. TNA should really, really start looking at there options. They really dont need part of the roster they're dealing with right now.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Honestly, about time. He was doing nothing, and he wasn't that good anyway. He was a boring personality, and he offered nothing but laughs whenever someone squashed him. Good riddance.