(Rumor) Marvel is considering adding Kingpin to Spider-Man: Homecoming

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

Recently, Agents of SHIELD actress, Chloe Bennet expressed her frustrations on Marvel Studios not following through with their Cinematic Universe thing. While the movies all give each other high-fives, and swap characters, and what not, they seem to ignore their TV shows entirely. Hell, even the shows acknowledge the movies. But it seems like a one-way street.

Well, it looks like Marvel may have listened to their television star, and is starting to buck up. According to a source close to the situation:

“Marvel Studios is considering having Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his Wilson Fisk role from Daredevil in Spider-Man: Homecoming.”
kingpin.jpg

The shows on ABC are not doing so hot, which is probably why the movies haven’t referred to them yet. When asked if Phil Coulson will make a return in Avengers: Age of Ultron, letting Cap and company know he’s alive again, director Joss Whedon expressed that SHIELD left a bad taste in people’s mouths. He said that Coulson is still, and will always be, dead to the Avengers. He said that he wasn’t going to reveal it until the sixth or seventh season, but Agents of SHIELD is just a fever dream for Coulson in the last moments of his death. While I’m glad, or at least hoping, that Marvel will not go with that model, there’s still that issue of not acknowledging the show.

But while Agent Carter has been canceled, and Marvel’s Most Wanted will not be picked up, there is much clamor for the Netflix shows. Therefore, if Marvel does happen to cross someone over from the shows, then from a business standpoint, it makes sense to bring someone in from one of the Netflix series.

And who better than Wilson Fisk – in a Spider-Man movie, no less. In the ’90’s cartoon, Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, was the main villain. It also led to a really cool team-up between Spidey and Daredevil.

There is already rumor that one of the secondary villains of the flick will be Spencer Smythe. Roboticist, Smythe, created the Spider Slayers as a way to hunt down ol’ Web Head. His son, Alistair, took over the business, and turned himself into the Ultimate Spider Slayer. In the cartoon, Alistair was Kingpin’s assistant, paralyzed to a hovering wheelchair (much like Professor X in the X-Men cartoon of the same era), and eventually became the cyborg villain.

05The90sversionoftheOddCouplenevertookoff.png

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had Alistair, played by B.J. Novak. He was probably set up for further installments in their planned cineverse. There are talks of a solo Venom movie. And you know, they’re still trying to hold on to that Sinister Six. I think Sony will try to pull a fast one. Andrew Garfield was reported to have been fired, even before the announcement that Spider-Man was joining the MCU. Even if he wasn’t fired, surely his contract was terminated. But I think that Garfield will still make an appearance in this Venom movie, possibly in an attempt to hold on to their cineverse with Sinister Six.

We last saw D’Onofrio’s Fisk in prison. If he is indeed in Homecoming, then chances are, he’ll just play a cameo. Either he’ll still be incarcerated, or have escaped somehow. Either way, he’ll probably be used as a way to set up for a sequel or two down the road — along with Smythe.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
People need to stop freaking out that the movies don't reference the tv series. Maybe they have bigger problems than Hell's Kitchen. That being said, there'd be no better movie than Spider man to include the Netflix-verse in since it takes place in New York too.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't even care about cross refrencing the television shows and films in the MCU, I just want The Kingpin.

I grew up watching the Spider-Man animated series on Fox and Kingpin was always causing trouble for Peter Parker.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They should reference because they used to and the shows reference the movies. Hell SHIELD lead right into Winter Soldier. It's stupid they don't so fuck you Sabs. And no one but D'Onfrio should ever play Kingpin he made that HIS role.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They should reference because they used to and the shows reference the movies. Hell SHIELD lead right into Winter Soldier. It's stupid they don't so fuck you Sabs. And no one but D'Onfrio should ever play Kingpin he made that HIS role.
It should definitely be The Kingpin established in Daredevil. I don't know how he did it, but he nailed it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It should definitely be The Kingpin established in Daredevil. I don't know how he did it, but he nailed it.
He nailed it because he's one of the best actors in the biz and has been since way back in Full Metal Jacket.

As far as the movies referencing the shows thing goes, of course they should, particularly seeing as it's already done in the shows themselves. They don't have to have full fledged crossovers but at least some referencing would be nice and even more of a treat for fans. People are complaining about it for good reason.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Fuck you too.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
does this mean we might get Alistair Smyth crippled ass too?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
does this mean we might get Alistair Smyth crippled ass too?
I think that's a strong possibility. I would geek out, if they brought in the Spider-Slayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Hearing this news is the greatest news I've heard this week. Vincent D’Onofrio killed it as The Kingpin in Daredevil possibly playing him in the Spiderman movie could be fucking awesome. My hype just went up ten fold.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't Kingpin get introduced to Spiderman well after he started fighting crime?

So that means.....no origin story :mark:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Didn't Kingpin get introduced to Spiderman well after he started fighting crime?

So that means.....no origin story :mark:
He's already Spider-Man in Civil War, so we know there's not going to be a 30-minute origin story, however, we do still need a few flashbacks that allude to how this particular Spider-Man got his powers and lost Uncle Ben.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He's already Spider-Man in Civil War, so we know there's not going to be a 30-minute origin story, however, we do still need a few flashbacks that allude to how this particular Spider-Man got his powers and lost Uncle Ben.
michael-scott-no.gif

We know already.....it's like seeing Bruce Wayne's parents killed.....we don't need to see it anymore.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
michael-scott-no.gif

We know already.....it's like seeing Bruce Wayne's parents killed.....we don't need to see it anymore.
Just taking the Animated Series, the 2002 Film and the 2012 film, these events are different in each of these incarnations. You can't establish an entirely NEW Peter Parker without at least spending 5 minutes in flashbacks showing a few of the details that pertain to THIS Spider-Man.