Rumor about a Physical Hall of Fame Location

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It looks like the physical WWE Hall of Fame will be heading to TNA’s old home after all, the Universal theme park in Orlando, Florida. Word from the park is that the NBA City table-service location is shutting down and there’s talk it will be remodeled as the WWE Hall of Fame.

Honestly think this is a terrible idea. Also how long before they just randomly shut it down great hall of fame that'd be.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Seems pretty legit seen as though it was always rumoured to be in a touristy area.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that a physical WWE Hall of Fame is a great idea, just not sure about the location. WWE have so much history and so many unique objects from five decades in business they can easily fill a building with a ton of great stuff. At WWE Axxess each year they always pull out a ton of great material and the fans love it.

I guess having it at a theme park guarantees traffic but something like MSG would have been a bit more appropriate.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I Just Hope It Don't End Up Like That WWF NY Seeing As Nobody Cares For It Anymore.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Couldn't they have picked a spot with a bit more history? I mean if they should have this anywhere I'd say either Connecticut or New York honestly.

Weez

Reaction score
I think it's a smart move by the WWE. They're probably aware that a WWE HoF wouldn't be as profitable in a random location. I can see casual tourists in florida actually going being around Universal Studios and Disney World and the like, but I can't see them driving out of their way to CT to see something they only vaguely care about.

Good move.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think it's a smart move by the WWE. They're probably aware that a WWE HoF wouldn't be as profitable in a random location. I can see casual tourists in florida actually going being around Universal Studios and Disney World and the like, but I can't see them driving out of their way to CT to see something they only vaguely care about.

Good move.

I can see not driving to CT just to see it. But if it were it's own physcial building not in an amusement park I think it'd do just as well hell you could incorporate the restaurant aspect also like a hard rock cafe with a hall of fam.

Weez

Reaction score
I can see not driving to CT just to see it. But if it were it's own physcial building not in an amusement park I think it'd do just as well hell you could incorporate the restaurant aspect also like a hard rock cafe with a hall of fam.

I highly doubt WWE wants back into the restaurant business. I think a legit physical HOF in a high-traffic tourist area is a goldmine. What a great time to "Break ground", 50 years later?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I just don't like it in a theme park to me it seems to cheapen it. Why not a big wrestling centric town. Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati places like that, that get traffic. Even florida works just not in a theme park. The park will kick them out in 3 years when they need a new attraction and then how will that look?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Orlando is a wrestling town, they have NXT and the Performance Center there basically making it wwe south. And taking over what's basically the impact zone ensures TNA won't have a place to comeback too if road sells really ever flop, effectively killing them knowing Vince and his lawyers. This is politics and location, its like taking over the territories, a shrewd business move

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure why they just didn't use the warehouse located at Titan Towers, has everything and with an addition and some dolling up would've been inexpensive and not subject to the lot fees that a park would ask from you.

Coulda been problem solved.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeah i'm with dezzy on this, just putting it in the warehouse or even building a new building for it in the same place would of been good enough.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Don't think this is that bad of an idea, good amount of people will go there if it's at Universal Studios.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just don't like it in a theme park to me it seems to cheapen it. Why not a big wrestling centric town. Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati places like that, that get traffic. Even florida works just not in a theme park. The park will kick them out in 3 years when they need a new attraction and then how will that look?

I agree, it does cheapen it a bit by having it in something like a theme park. It just isn't an appropriate location for something like this and as you said they may be at the mercy of the park owners if traffic isn't as high as they expected. Put it at a location where WWE has plenty of history.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The theme park didnt kick TNA out all these years, and they won't kick Vince out when he's providing so many jobs and economy boosts with the Performance Center and NXT at Full Sail. Orlando has a lot to gain by becoming wwe south