Royal Rumble Royal Rumble 2017 Card & Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Here is what I think the card will be for the Royal Rumble PPV:
WWE Univeral Championship (Chris Jericho suspended above the ring in a sharkcage)
Kevin Owens (C) versus Roman Reigns
WWE Championship
A J Styles (C) versus John Cena
WWE RAW Women's Championship
Bayley versus Charlotte (C)
Street Fight
Big Cass w/ Enzo Amore vs Rusev w/ Lana
Royal Rumble Match Participants: Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Big Cass, Rusev, Cesaro, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, The Big Shwo, Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn & Kofi Kingston, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Kane, The Undertaker, Goldust, Mark Henry. The remainder of superstars will be surprise entrants.
Pre Show
Crusierweight Championship
Rich Swann (C) versus T J Perkins versus The Brian Kendrick versus Neville
Now onto the predictions
WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns def Kevin Owens for the title.
RAW Women's Championship
Charlotte finds a way to retain the title.
WWE Championship
John Cena def A J Styles for the title (Record tying 16th reign for John Cena)
Street Fight
Rusev def Big Cass after Enzo Amore turns on him
Royal Rumble Match: The Undertaker wins. Side not Triple H Costs Seth Rollins the match setting up their match at Wrestlemania 33.
The Undertaker goes on to face John Cena for the title and wins the title for one last run albeit a short one.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The Miz vs Ambrose is also going to happen at the Rumble.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...So far we have confirmed...(with my predictions)

30 Man Royal Rumble...
Strowman Wins...Faces reigns at Wrestlemania...
Styles vs. Nikki Bella's Boyfriend for the World Title...
Possible double turn...Nikki Bella's Boyfriend Wins...
Owens vs. Reigns with Jericho in the Shark Cage for the World Title...
Reigns Wins...

I'm going to say...(with my predictions)

Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's Title...
Nikki Wins...
Charlotte vs. Bayley for the RAW Women's Title...
Charlotte retains...

The Miz vs. Ambrose for the Intercontinental Title...
The Miz retains...

The Wyatts vs. American Alpha for the SmackDown Tag Titles...
The Wyatts implode...America Alpha retain...

Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The New Day for the RAW Tag Titles...
The New Day explode...Cesaro & Sheamus retain...

Rich Swann vs. Neville for the Cruiserweight Title...
Neville Wins...

Becky Lynch vs. Whoever La Luchadora is revealed to be...
possible reveal at the Pay-Per-View itself for dramatic effect...

Enzo & Big Cass vs. Jinder Mahal & Rusev /w Lana...
Enzo & Big Cass win with a little help from Carmella & Ellsworth...

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax...Sasha wins...heel turn begins...
Or Emmalina finally arrives and attacks Sasha...Nia wins...

That's 11 Matches plus the Rumble...that should last a few
hours right?

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I do not think both Reigns and Cena will win the titles at the Rumble. Having two faces holding two newly won World titles going into Wrestlemania isn't a good idea. And WWE is in no hurry to turn Reigns heel, plus I don't see Cena turning either so I don't see them both winning.

Right now I'm sticking with Owens retaining and going up against Jericho at Mania. I don't think Cena's "record tying" win will occur anywhere other than Wrestlemania.

I could be wrong but I think those world titles aren't changing at the Rumble .

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Pretty sure Cena will be getting the big 16 at Mania.

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
The only way John Cena would get another opportunity at the title for Wrestlemania would be to go through a #1 Contender Elimination Chamber Match at the Elimination Chambler PPV. So Suck it up and except the fact that Both John Cena & Roman Reigns will leave the Royal Rumble as your champions of both Brands heading into Wrestlemania. But I do expect John Cena to possible lose the title at the Elimination Chamber and invoke his rematch clause for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania thus breaking the 16th title reign of Ric Flair.

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Okay...So far we have confirmed...(with my predictions)

30 Man Royal Rumble...
Strowman Wins...Faces reigns at Wrestlemania...
Styles vs. Nikki Bella's Boyfriend for the World Title...
Possible double turn...Nikki Bella's Boyfriend Wins...
Owens vs. Reigns with Jericho in the Shark Cage for the World Title...
Reigns Wins...

I'm going to say...(with my predictions)

Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's Title...
Nikki Wins...
Charlotte vs. Bayley for the RAW Women's Title...
Charlotte retains...

The Miz vs. Ambrose for the Intercontinental Title...
The Miz retains...

The Wyatts vs. American Alpha for the SmackDown Tag Titles...
The Wyatts implode...America Alpha retain...

Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The New Day for the RAW Tag Titles...
The New Day explode...Cesaro & Sheamus retain...

Rich Swann vs. Neville for the Cruiserweight Title...
Neville Wins...

Becky Lynch vs. Whoever La Luchadora is revealed to be...
possible reveal at the Pay-Per-View itself for dramatic effect...

Enzo & Big Cass vs. Jinder Mahal & Rusev /w Lana...
Enzo & Big Cass win with a little help from Carmella & Ellsworth...

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax...Sasha wins...heel turn begins...
Or Emmalina finally arrives and attacks Sasha...Nia wins...

That's 11 Matches plus the Rumble...that should last a few
hours right?
wait til the say what time the Royal Rumble PPV will be starting before stating that many matches will be taking place. Cause that amount of matches would a wrestlemania ppv. I don't think Vince wants to change the Royal Rumble PPV to four hours.

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to add the Cruiserweight Championship match prediction. And that's Nevilel will pin T J Perkins to win the cruiserweight championship.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The only way John Cena would get another opportunity at the title for Wrestlemania would be to go through a #1 Contender Elimination Chamber Match at the Elimination Chambler PPV. So Suck it up and except the fact that Both John Cena & Roman Reigns will leave the Royal Rumble as your champions of both Brands heading into Wrestlemania. But I do expect John Cena to possible lose the title at the Elimination Chamber and invoke his rematch clause for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania thus breaking the 16th title reign of Ric Flair.

I completely fail to see your point. Your claim is that since the only other way Cena could get into the main event at Wrestlemania other than the Rumble is by winning the Elimination Chamber and since this is the only other option, it means Cena will win the belt at the Rumble.

Well, actually it doesn't. First you are assuming Cena will be in the Wrestlemania main event. We don't know this for sure, so we cannot rely solely on that premise. Secondly, your own argument says that Cena could get into the main event by winning the Elimination Chamber... so why do you immediately discount this happening? Cena losing to AJ at the Rumble and then winning the Elimination Chamber is just as viable .

Personally, I'm not going to suck anything up and accept something I don't think is going to happen and I don't think both World titles will change hands at the Rumble. If I'm wrong, I'll own up to it but I think it's really unlikely.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
wait til the say what time the Royal Rumble PPV will be starting before stating that many matches will be taking place. Cause that amount of matches would a wrestlemania ppv. I don't think Vince wants to change the Royal Rumble PPV to four hours.

The start time for the Rumble has already been released. It starts at 7PM Eastern time, which confirms it will be four hours as that's an hour earlier than usual.

Royal Rumble

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I do not think both Reigns and Cena will win the titles at the Rumble. Having two faces holding two newly won World titles going into Wrestlemania isn't a good idea. And WWE is in no hurry to turn Reigns heel, plus I don't see Cena turning either so I don't see them both winning.

Right now I'm sticking with Owens retaining and going up against Jericho at Mania. I don't think Cena's "record tying" win will occur anywhere other than Wrestlemania.

I could be wrong but I think those world titles aren't changing at the Rumble .

Yeah, I'm with ya. I think both Styles and KO will retain. But, we'll see.

And, while Reigns winning wouldn't surprise me, I think KO has a chance to retain. Reigns has defeated him a handful of times already and KO shouldn't look like a chump anymore.

Also, spot on with the Cena thing. Big Match John will get his record-tying win and his final big run at Mania.

Not sure where Taker fits into all this, though. And that's the most interesting part.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
well you can throw out the intercontinental title being defended on the ppv as well. We all know Dean Ambrose will most likely be in the royal rumble. Roman will win the universal championship at the rumble and dropping the us title the next night to some one else. I doubt that Nikki Bella will be challenging Alexa Bliss for the title. Nikki Bella vs Natalya will have a special stipulation at the royal rumble. I think Cesaro & Sheamus will be defending against Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows only to have Goldust interfere in the match.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
well you can throw out the intercontinental title being defended on the ppv as well. We all know Dean Ambrose will most likely be in the royal rumble. Roman will win the universal championship at the rumble and dropping the us title the next night to some one else. I doubt that Nikki Bella will be challenging Alexa Bliss for the title. Nikki Bella vs Natalya will have a special stipulation at the royal rumble. I think Cesaro & Sheamus will be defending against Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows only to have Goldust interfere in the match.

Just because Ambrose defeated The Miz for the title doesn't mean the title won't be defended at the Rumble.

The Miz will surely invoke his rematch clause. He may not regain the title, but there'll be a rematch.