Round 4: Quadrant 4 Matchup 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Steve Austin

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Chris Benoit

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is ridiculous that the guy who murdered his family made it this far.

Steve Austin by far.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Seriously... he is more than just a guy that murdered his family. Why is that is all that people are going to say about him?

Austin - Wife beater
HBK - coke snorter
Bret - cheated w/ Sunny
Eddie - Druggie

And do we refer to Austin as... oh look the Wife beater is advancing. Or Eddie as the druggie that is moving on. Bret as the womanizer? HBK as another druggie? No we give them respect. Yeah what Benoit did was horrible... but good fucking grief it doesn't erase the 40+ other years of his life. It doesn't erase the 20+ years of his career in the ring where he was one of the most celebrated wrestlers inside of it. He was one of the absolute best inside of that ring. And yet people wanna take the WWE route and act like... oh this guy Benoit... he never accomplished anything he never did anything but murder his wife. That's all he is. He gave his fucking life for the business. l those concussions, severe concussions, undiagnosed concussions, not to mention WCW wasn't the safest work environment. Case and point... Sid had an obvious broken leg, seriously broken. Both tibia and fibula snapped, he was holding his leg up and the bottom half of his leg was freakin just dangling to the side and he had to lay there in the ring, take stomps from Steiner, and then wait and wait and wait until Ric Flair came out with the special guest which wound up being Animal. Yeah they were late. So the guy breaks his leg and has to lay in the ring for about 5 minutes before receiving any kind of medical attention. Does that sound like a safe work environment? Goldberg lost a ton of blood cause they wanted him to break the glass off a limo with his bare hands/arm and that glass cut him bad. Very badly.

Point is... Benoit is a lot more than just a guy that murdered his family. I doubt everyone will come around to accepting that... but hopefully over time more and more people can see that he was actually an incredible in ring performer and will STOP just saying... oh there is the guy that murdered his family.

Zen

Reaction score
It is ridiculous that the guy who murdered his family made it this far.

Steve Austin by far.

While I understand that some people might be upset by the Benoit murder, I for one, personally don't allow it to cloud my judgement with regards to his talents, abilities and contributions. None the less, murder or murder, Benoit has no business making it this far, and some of his earlier victories in this tournament are completely nonsensical and unjustifiable, indicative of irrational judgment with regards to the career and talents of Benoit's opponents like Hogan. That pretty much takes away any credibility of this tournament away, it might as well be in the fantasy section. So as a person who doesn't particularly care about the murders, I concur with you, Benoit should not have made it this far.