Round 4: Quadrant 4 Matchup 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Steve Austin

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Chris Benoit

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Steve Austin
Steve+Austin+Wrestlemania+14.jpg

Steve Austin won the WWE title from Shawn Michaels on March 29th 1998 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kane in a First Blood Match on June 28th 1998 at King of The Ring. He won it back the next night on Raw. He lost the title when pinned simultaneously by Kane and The Undertaker on September 27th 1998 at Breakdown: In Your House. He won his third WWE title from The Rock on March 28th 1999 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Undertaker on May 23rd 1999 at Over The Edge with the McMahons as the special Guest Referees. He won the title back on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He lost the title to Mankind in a Triple Threat match also involving Triple H with Jesse Ventura as Special Guest Referee on August 22nd 1999 at Summerslam. He won his fifth WWE title from The Rock on April 1st 2001 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kurt Angle on September 23rd 2001 at Unforgiven. He won the title back on October 8th 2001 on Raw. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance.

Chris Benoit
BenoitWorldChamp.jpg

Chris Benoit won the vacant WCW title by defeating Sid Vicious on January 16th 2000 at Souled Out. He forfeited the title the next night on Nitro when he left for the WWE. He won the World Title from Triple H on March 14th 2004 in a triple threat match also involving Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Randy Orton at Summerslam on August 15th 2004.

Vivido

Reaction score
Really tough one here, gave it to Beniot just to be a bit different.

One of the greatest inring workers of all time, such a shame.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Benoit's reign of upsets are coming to an end.

Stone Cold for the win.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If Benoit wins this, I will give up on rationalizing this tournament. He should have lost at least twice maybe 3 times already and with Flair and Hogan out Austin has to win the whole thing.

Reaction score
As much as Chris Benoit was a great technician, he in no means deserves to beat Steve Austin in this round. Steve Austin had some major title runs, while Chris Benoit's were less than memorable, Steve Austin takes this one by miles and miles for me.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I would like to see Benoit get further and after that travesty of Austin beating Flair maybe I should just select Benoit for the hell of it, however that would be the wrong answer here.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Benoit has def been the story of this tourny making it further than I imagined but no way should he ever get past Stone Cold.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Hey, Austin beat Flair, what do you know. I guess somebody else on this forum has some sanity. I'd never have guessed.

Austin over the murderer.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
As much as I love Benoit, I had to vote SCSA here. Felt he was better as Champion

Deuce

Reaction score
Finally Benoit is getting taken out of this tournament, he wasn't even that good as champ.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I went with Benoit seeing as Flair got taken out of this tournament and the lack of Misawa and Kobashi offends me to the point, I think what the hell... Benoit should win on the basis Angle is beating Cena...

If anything, this tournament should either end up being Cena/ Austin or Benoit/ Cena... This is just jokez now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Benoit has had a good run, but this time it has to be Austin.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hey, Austin beat Flair, what do you know. I guess somebody else on this forum has some sanity. I'd never have guessed.

Austin over the murderer.
Dude... seriously... shut the fuck up.

Now... Benoit had a good run. A real good run. And to all the naysayers downing Benoit... his one reign as champion was very impressive. His run towards the title was awesome. His run was awesome. But BUT Austin had impressive runs as champion.

Benoit was damn good... so sick and tired of people dissing him and downing him.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I am a very huge Benoit fan. Always have been and always will be despite the "incident". I don't take anything away from him at all because his title reign was awesome. I thought it was deserved and he worked well as champion.

However, he's up against the Greatest Champion of All-Time and the Greatest of All-Time so he's going to lose.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I went with Benoit seeing as Flair got taken out of this tournament and the lack of Misawa and Kobashi offends me to the point, I think what the hell... Benoit should win on the basis Angle is beating Cena...

If anything, this tournament should either end up being Cena/ Austin or Benoit/ Cena... This is just jokez now.

No Misawa and Kobashi is because they would be lucky to get 5 votes against Cena type guys. Sad but true.