• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Round 3: Quadrant 6 Matchup 1

Better Non World Champ

• Ted DiBiase

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Kenta Kobashi

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

1. Ted DiBiase
ted-dibiase-jr.jpg

4. Kenta Kobashi
02.jpg

The New F'n Show

Kobashi in my opinion would have been the Japansese star to make it the biggest in the US, but it's still Ted for me. Great Character and a Great Worker.

Troy

Ted DiBiase gets my vote as well, fantastic allround package and should have been world champion in his prime.

EffectsofRaven

Sorry but why is Kenta Kobashi actually in this xD!?

He's held enough World/ Heavyweight titles to be in this... And tbh, Kobashi is leaps and bounds better in the ring than Deebs but Deebs knows how to work the crowd... It's close in terms if you take the two as a whole but people can't gauge Japanese Talent because they don't talk english is dumb as fuck.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Sorry but why is Kenta Kobashi actually in this xD!?

He's held enough World/ Heavyweight titles to be in this... And tbh, Kobashi is leaps and bounds better in the ring than Deebs but Deebs knows how to work the crowd... It's close in terms if you take the two as a whole but people can't gauge Japanese Talent because they don't talk english is dumb as fuck.

Well that is doing a great dis-service to Dibiase because he was a great techical wrestler also. Dibiase gets my vote.

EffectsofRaven

People say he's a great technical wrestler because J.R says so?

It was no disrespect to Deebs, I was more pointing out how most people are moronic and hate on Japanese wrestlers because they don't cut a promo in ENGLISH. Deebs is great but Kobashi is clearly still the better in-ring performer.

It's similar to Shawn Michaels case of being the GOAT... People calling him the GOAT because Jim Ross and WWE say so.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Well I can't speak for people, but I am not like that, if you look back over this thing I have stuck up for Japanise guys like Liger for example. Thing with Dibiase is he understood that less very much was more, with him it was all about timing and doing a big spot when it mattered. This is a dying art today.