Round 3: Quadrant 4 Matchup 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Ric Flair

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Steve Austin

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Ric Flair
Ric%20Flair%20holding%20World%20Ttile%20in%20WWE-medium.jpg

Ric Flair won the NWA title from Dusty Rhodes on September 17th 1981 in Kansas City, MO. He lost the title to Harley Race on June 10th 1983 in St Louis, MO. He won the title back in a Steel Cage Match on November 24th 1983 at Starrcade. He lost the title to Harley Race on March 21st 1984 in Wellington, New Zealand. He won it back on March 23rd 1984 in Kallang, Singapore. He lost the title to Kerry Von Erich on May 6th 1984 at Parade of Champions. He won it back on May 24th 1984 in Yokosuka, Japan. He lost the title to Dusty Rhodes on July 26th 1986 at The Great American Bash. He won the title back on August 9th 1986 in St Louis, MO. He lost the title to Ron Garvin on September 25th 1987 in Detroit, MI. He won the title back on November 26th 1987 at Starrcade. He lost the title to Ricky Steamboat on February 20th 1989 at Chi-Town Rumble. He won the title back on May 7th 1989 at WrestleWar. He lost the title to Sting on July 7th 1990 at The Great American Bash. He won the title back on January 11th 1991 in East Rutherford, NJ. He lost the title to Tatsumi Fujinami on March 21st 1991 at WCW/New Japan Supershow. He won the title back on May 19th 1991 at SuperBrawl. He was stripped of the title after signing with the WWE on September 8th 1991. He won the vacant WWE Title by winning the Royal Rumble on January 19th 1992. He lost the title to Randy Savage on April 5th 1992 at Wrestlemania. He won the title back on the September 14th 1992 Prime Time Wrestling. He lost the title to Bret Hart on October 12th 1992 in Saskatoon, SK. He won the NWA title for a tenth time from Barry Windham on July 18th 1993 at Beach Blast. He vacated the title in September 1993 when WCW left the NWA. He won the WCW title from Big Van Vader on December 27th 1993 at Starrcade. He lost the title to Hulk Hogan on July 17th 1994 at Bash at The Beach. He won his second WCW title from Randy Savage on December 27th 1995 at Starrcade. He lost the title back on the January 22nd 1996 Nitro. He won it back on February 11th 1996 at SuperBrawl in a Steel Cage Match. He lost the title to The Giant on the April 29th 1996 Nitro. He won his fourth WCW title from Hollywood Hogan on March 14th 1999 in a First Blood Steel Cage Match at Uncensored. He lost the title to Diamond Dallas Page in a four way match also involving Sting and Hollywood Hogan on April 11th 1999 at Spring Stampede. He won his fifth WCW title from Jeff Jarrett on the May 15th 2000 Nitro. He was stripped of the title on the May 22nd 2000 Nitro. He was given the title back by Kevin Nash on the May 29th 2000 Nitro. He lost the title to Jarrett that same night

Steve Austin
Steve+Austin+Wrestlemania+14.jpg

Steve Austin won the WWE title from Shawn Michaels on March 29th 1998 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kane in a First Blood Match on June 28th 1998 at King of The Ring. He won it back the next night on Raw. He lost the title when pinned simultaneously by Kane and The Undertaker on September 27th 1998 at Breakdown: In Your House. He won his third WWE title from The Rock on March 28th 1999 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Undertaker on May 23rd 1999 at Over The Edge with the McMahons as the special Guest Referees. He won the title back on June 28th 1999 on Raw. He lost the title to Mankind in a Triple Threat match also involving Triple H with Jesse Ventura as Special Guest Referee on August 22nd 1999 at Summerslam. He won his fifth WWE title from The Rock on April 1st 2001 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Kurt Angle on September 23rd 2001 at Unforgiven. He won the title back on October 8th 2001 on Raw. He lost the title to Chris Jericho on December 9th 2001 at Vengeance.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Hmm....Thought this would be the finals. Oh well.

STONE COLD FOR THE WIN!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ric Flair is the greatest champion ever. I don't care if this is Stone Cold.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Tough match-up but I had to go with Flair. He was the man especially in the 80's and was a true champion who drew massive crowds and who could have a good match with anyone.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Why the fuck did Austin have to face Flair? Is this a conspiracy to make sure the greatest wrestler of all time doesn't make it to the final? Of course everybody's gonna say Flair because he held more titles. Pathetic.

FUCK Ric Flair's 400 year old wrinkly ass. Stone Cold is the GOAT. Austin drew more in a year than Flair did in 10. Flair even admitted that Austin is a bigger star than him.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
fuck this is harder then the Bret/Funk match-up, I cannot vote sorry:(

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Stone Cold all day!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I seriously just flipped a coin on this cause I can't choose myself and it ended up being Austin. This is the toughest one yet.

Deuce

Reaction score
Going with Austin here, Flair even admitted that Austin was better than him! Number compared to Greatness means nothing.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ric Flair has made a lot of outlandish statements in his career.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
For me since both had HUGE impacts it came down to ring quality and Flair-Steamboat is the greatest in ring wrestling feud ever, Flair but not by much.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To be the man you gotta beat the man...The Man Being Stone Cold Steve Austin.

If you put Austin in the days of flair as stunning steve he would have dominated put flair in the days of austin in his youth he'd been an insurance salesmen.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Now you're comparing Stunning Steve to Ric Flair?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Now you're comparing Stunning Steve to Ric Flair?

Nah now I'm just trying to get a rise outta someone lol. I'm sure if I was from Flairs Generation he'd be the man I voted for but had to go with Austin.