Round 1: Quadrant 3 Matchup 6

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better Signature Move

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
6. The Rock- Rock Bottom
[video=youtube;kRqVNS_tQ4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqVNS_tQ4A[/video]

11. Dean Malenko- Texas Cloverleaf
[video=youtube;HqO3TQhkcHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqO3TQhkcHc[/video]

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh man, this one isn't even fair. I love the Cloverleaf, but I'm going with Rock Bottom just because it's one of the most forceful finishers ever. Used to do it to my friends when I was younger. Yeah, I was such an awesome guy to know back then :argh:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love both moves a lot, but I surprised myself and went with the Cloverleaf. Maybe it's because I'm from Texas or I'm a Malenko mark, I don't know.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is tough I love both moves for different reasons, I went with Cloverleaf also.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
went with the Rock Bottom, although I love Malenko and was happy to see Sheamus bring back the cloverleaf and credit Malenko for teaching it to him

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Rock Bottom with ease.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
You can say what you want but Texas Cloverleaf > Rock Bottom.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I mean, really. You have Malenko, a great wrestler with a good submission move that's really original, good looking and it can do damage to whoever is held in it. When on the other hand, you have The Rock who people loved because of his charisma, looks and such things. Don't get me wrong I'm a Rock fan myself and I'm a fan of his because he's an all-around good performer but there are people who don't know a single thing about wrestling and they like The Rock because he's got this awesome theme song and he's funny. See point? Well, on to the Rock Bottom. Comparing a submission move to regular finisher like the Rock Bottom? Some people may say you simply can't do it but I'm not one of them. (If some of you are, it doesn't matter because this matchup is here so we have to compare them wether you like it or not). Rock Bottom is nothing more than a basic slam where a man grabs another man, lifts him up and slams him down. There's nothing complicated about that. Although Rock Bottom can do a lot of damage and it looks nice (sometimes you don't need moves to be complicated to look good), it really is that simple and when it comes to comparing moves, ask yourself...What is better? A basic slam or a premeditated submission move? Sure, ee all like something else but facts are facts.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I mean, really. You have Malenko, a great wrestler with a good submission move that's really original, good looking and it can do damage to whoever is held in it. When on the other hand, you have The Rock who people loved because of his charisma, looks and such things. Don't get me wrong I'm a Rock fan myself and I'm a fan of his because he's an all-around good performer but there are people who don't know a single thing about wrestling and they like The Rock because he's got this awesome theme song and he's funny. See point?
No, I don't see your point even slightly.

Well, on to the Rock Bottom. Comparing a submission move to regular finisher like the Rock Bottom? Some people may say you simply can't do it but I'm not one of them. (If some of you are, it doesn't matter because this matchup is here so we have to compare them wether you like it or not). Rock Bottom is nothing more than a basic slam where a man grabs another man, lifts him up and slams him down. There's nothing complicated about that. Although Rock Bottom can do a lot of damage and it looks nice (sometimes you don't need moves to be complicated to look good), it really is that simple and when it comes to comparing moves, ask yourself...What is better? A basic slam or a premeditated submission move? Sure, ee all like something else but facts are facts.
Place guys shin behind the other leg, squat and lean back. Doesn't sound so complicated now does it?

And :lmao at using your opinion as a fact.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No, I don't see your point even slightly.

Place guys shin behind the other leg, squat and lean back. Doesn't sound so complicated now does it?

And :lmao at using your opinion as a fact.

Sounds much more complicated than "grab a guy and slam him down". I see you're a huge Rocky fan but come on.

Also, my point is that many people look at The Rock's finisher just like they look at The Rock as a superstar. They love him (so they do The Rock Bottom) and they can't even explain why. See my point now?

And no, I didn't use my opinion in the last sentence. I stated facts, see the difference? You can love The Rock Bottom and The Rock. Sure, Rock Bottom is a pretty forceful finisher but it's a kind of derpy-derp move. "Hur, duh. I'ma grab ya and slam ya down".

You're a Rock fan and no matter what I say, you'll always defend him, make fun of me and if we'd continue you'd sooner or later call me stupid so if you ask me, there's no point in arguining with a guy who thinks that what he thinks is the truth and everybody who thinks something else is wrong.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
And no, I didn't use my opinion in the last sentence. I stated facts, see the difference? You can love The Rock Bottom and The Rock. Sure, Rock Bottom is a pretty forceful finisher but it's a kind of derpy-derp move. "Hur, duh. I'ma grab ya and slam ya down".
Hur duh, how is you saying a premeditated submission is better than a basic slam a fact? There's nothing at all factual about that, it's an OPINION. You seem have to this notion that creativity + complexity makes a finishing move better than a simpler finishing move, so if that's a common known fact you like seem to think it is then please tell me why WWE's Top 50 Greatest Finishers DVD is largely made up of derpy-derp moves?

You're a Rock fan and no matter what I say, you'll always defend him, make fun of me and if we'd continue you'd sooner or later call me stupid so if you ask me, there's no point in arguining with a guy who thinks that what he thinks is the truth and everybody who thinks something else is wrong.
I'm not even defending The Rock or The Rock Bottom inparticular, i'm defending all the simpler finishers in general. As for the rest of the rubbish in this quote, what a load of wah wah wah butthurt nonsense that is.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler