• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ronda Rousey extremely critical on how women were treated in WWE in new book

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Yea, that doesn't seem right still. The match was 23 minutes, with packages and entrances and all that, it may come up to... 30-33 minutes? 20 minutes over still looks like it's heavily exaggerated.

...would explain why they basically didn't do anything actually noteworthy with Rhea's Title run for the next 6 months afterwards though.

The Gipper

The Gipper
"During her RR22, she was supposed to be #30 but was told she is gonna be #28, when asked what to do in between her spots, producers told her "just do stuff""

....I mean yeah. What else are they supposed to tell you exactly?

A lot of it is bad and multiple people look terrible from it but also a lot of the things she takes problem with comes down to one major fact. 2022 Ronda Rousey was not on the same level of star power as 2018 Ronda Rousey and she expected to still be treated like 2018 Ronda Rousey and she wasn't. She was the one that took herself out of the public eye for two years and when she was in the public eye, it's because she was hating on WWE lol, she was never gonna be at that same status.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSE

Sabretooth

I mean it’s not the producers job to tell you what to do for 4 minutes in the Rumble. Part of being a WWE star is coming up with your own shit and improvising.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what a producer's job is in wwe though? hence why they get credited for the good ones. As far as I know at least.

Sabretooth

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what a producer's job is in wwe though? hence why they get credited for the good ones. As far as I know at least.
That’s true but it’s also a wrestler’s job to improvise and develop a character. Jericho for example never waited for instruction. That’s why he’s so iconic.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
A lot of people in here must work for wwe. Seem to know what does and doesn’t happen
Listening to enough interviews and podcasts can give you a pretty good idea of how things generally work behind the scenes