Ronda Rousey Confirms WWE Hiatus, Might Not Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BurnITDown

Jobber
Reaction score
Ronda Rousey Confirms WWE Hiatus, Might Not Return
Ronda Rousey is taking an indefinite leave from WWE as she prepares to start a family with her husband Travis Browne.

On Monday, Rousey released a video where she addressed her in-ring future after WrestleMania 35 where she dropped the RAW women’s title to Becky Lynch in the main event.

After suffering a broken hand in the match, Rousey revealed that she had two pins inserted during surgery just recently with a cast that will remain on her arm for the next four weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am in the minority here, but I hope she doesn't come back at all. Her one year run in WWE was enough for me.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

Rousey is more of a Terminator than Android....

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Everyone has their own opinion of her I just wanted to see her face Beth Phoenix at a Summer Slam or WrestleMania event

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
they're probably gonna try and sneak a 4 horsewomen feud in there at some point in time, but other than that, they've done everything they could have done with her. She had an impressive debut, a women's title run and that Mania main event. I guess they could re-do the whole Becky/Ronda finish but it might not even be necessary anymore once she's ready to come back

Redboy123@

Reaction score
She needs to get pregnant ASAP. She has made it clear that she and her husband are shagging. Need to get things moving. 9 months pop one out. Few months of training. Return at wrestle mania.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't care either way.
If she leaves for good, meh.
If she stays for awhile, meh.

I think it is more important for her to have her kid(s) and worry about WWE in another few years. She isn't getting any younger and clearly wants kids of her own.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Not good news for the women's division.. Ronda did so much for that division in just one year.. I don't think they will care to push the women as top acts without a mega star like Ronda to build the division around.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Not good news for the women's division.. Ronda did so much for that division in just one year.. I don't think they will care to push the women as top acts without a mega star like Ronda to build the division around.
Ronda didn't do her job then. Didn't rub the star power off onto anyone. The fucking bitch.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score

I read that she was wanting to start a family. Nice to know the time has come to try. I wish her all the best.

I do wish though, that they hadn't put so much thought into her feud with the Bella Twins. They did put her over at Evolution, but the fact remains that the storyline should've been more honest, in that Nikki and Brie should have attacked her upfront, not behind her back.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I read that she was wanting to start a family. Nice to know the time has come to try. I wish her all the best.

I do wish though, that they hadn't put so much thought into her feud with the Bella Twins. They did put her over at Evolution, but the fact remains that the storyline should've been more honest, in that Nikki and Brie should have attacked her upfront, not behind her back.
Nikki would of tapped out in seconds if she did that. Gotta be heelisj to compete. Otherwise ronda is like Dana vrooke

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Nikki would of tapped out in seconds if she did that. Gotta be heelisj to compete. Otherwise ronda is like Dana vrooke

The point is that excessive thought put into a storyline can make it look ugly. I almost had my neck broken by someone who worked in this way. I fell in a way that prevented a broken neck, but my jaw was swollen for some time.

A guy decided to pay me back for something I did when I wasn't ready for him. He waited until I was watching my mates play a video game and then he came from the side and threw me at the table and I just happened to land on my chin in the right way to avoid suffering major damage.

Okay, maybe Ronda would've gotten the upper hand, but we gotta think about the deeper problems posed by such a storyline.

Let's see, Nikki and Brie were against Ronda because she wasn't acting like a heel, trampling on people, putting herself over as aggressively as they'd have wanted her to, but instead of confronting her about it, they held on to their anger and concealed it, cultivating the belief that it'd be best if they paid her back when she least expected it so they could be abseloutely sure they could attack her without getting overpowered.

That's way too cerebral a plot thread and a surefire way to make people imitate what is too dangerous a way of life to follow.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The point is that excessive thought put into a storyline can make it look ugly. I almost had my neck broken by someone who worked in this way. I fell in a way that prevented a broken neck, but my jaw was swollen for some time.

A guy decided to pay me back for something I did when I wasn't ready for him. He waited until I was watching my mates play a video game and then he came from the side and threw me at the table and I just happened to land on my chin in the right way to avoid suffering major damage.

Okay, maybe Ronda would've gotten the upper hand, but we gotta think about the deeper problems posed by such a storyline.

Let's see, Nikki and Brie were against Ronda because she wasn't acting like a heel, trampling on people, putting herself over as aggressively as they'd have wanted her to, but instead of confronting her about it, they held on to their anger and concealed it, cultivating the belief that it'd be best if they paid her back when she least expected it so they could be abseloutely sure they could attack her without getting overpowered.

That's way too cerebral a plot thread and a surefire way to make people imitate what is too dangerous a way of life to follow.
Dude, wrestling has had pearl harbours for decades. Why have you specifically pointed out this fued? Heels are supposed to be dicks. Them doing dickish things.

They shouldn't have guns in movies because its too dangerous