Roman Reigns Says He Is WWE's 'Best Performer in Ring in the World'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Roman calls himself ‘the best performer in ring in the world right now’

It appears that WWE SUPERstar Roman Reigns has come out stating that he is the best wrestler in the world at this moment. Roman is a former 3 time World champion, and a grand slam winner, who main evented 3 Wrestlemanias in a row, and he is also the man that retired one of WWE's biggest legends The Undertaker. Some would claim that Roman is not worthy of possessing such acolytes, but he dismisses all of that because he is the BID DAWG wuf, wuf, and this is his yarrrd, UAAAAAAAA. Some of the current superstars gave their reaction to this claim. When asked to give their thoughts on the situation, this is what Bray Wyatt and the Woken Brilliance Matt Hardy had to say.

THE NERVE OF THIS GUY!

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
if you're a wrestler on his level, and you don't believe in yourself in being the best there is, you shouldn't even keep trying because you already failed. Personally I wouldn't say he's THE best right now because there are still wrestlers like Styles and Omega out there, but he's also not that far down the list either. People can say that he's not and that's their opinion but shit, if he has the confidence in himself to say that, good for him

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
He's just working the smarks.
If by smark, you mean people that dont like him or find him overrated, and unworthy of this much attention (like me), then you are talking about the 80% of the WWE fanbase :emoji_grin:
if you're a wrestler on his level, and you don't believe in yourself in being the best there is, you shouldn't even keep trying because you already failed. Personally I wouldn't say he's THE best right now because there are still wrestlers like Styles and Omega out there, but he's also not that far down the list either. People can say that he's not and that's their opinion but shit, if he has the confidence in himself to say that, good for him
Exactly its all about opinions, he has the right to call himself the best in the world, and I have the right to call bullshit on that. Lets face it everything in the WWE revolves around this guy, and the end result is always to get him over. He always gets the longest matches, matches with the coolest spots, with the most finsihers, and so on. Plus they created this concept that it doesn't matter if the fans cheer or boo someone, the reaction is the only thing that matters at the end of the day.This is the biggest lie ever because they have desperately been trying to get this guy cheered for the past 3 years, and it never worked. First he won the Rumble Match in 2015. and went on to face Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Booed! Next they thought to give him the Daniel Bryan underdog treatment and have him go up against the authority. Booed! Then they tried giving him the US title to make it seem like the whole show didn't revolve around him (which it did). Booed! And now, they are having him defend the midcard title every night hoping it would work just like it did with Cena, and he is still getting booed. So after 3 years of him hogging the spotlight over other talent, and FAILING to get over, time after time, chance after chance, he comes out saying that he is the best wrestler in the world. Sorry but that is a joke to me.

As far as his in ring work, sure he has had some great matches with the likes of Owens, Styles, Rollins, Cesaro etc ... My question is, WHO HASN'T? Why weren't his matches with Cena, Orton, Ambrose and Triple H great? Still i do think he is a good worker overall and the matches I really give him credit for are the ones with Strowman, and the one with Lesnar at WM. But best in the world, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
He's shown himself to be good, and his IC title stuff could help him, but am I saying he's the best? Not really. Between the ropes he's better than what he was than WM 31 or WM 32, but I still have a bit of a hit and miss with his matches at times during the year, although the hits are coming more now.

If I say in WWE, the best performers are perhaps AJ Styles, Cesaro, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins, minus the botched face turn. AJ has been the best in the world for years now and even with him being 40, he's putting up MOTN's almost every single night and even MOTY candidates. Cesaro's a definite workhorse and there is a reason why he has been voted most underrated for years now. Kevin Owens has a more dynamic move-set and has been constantly entertaining, and Seth Rollins has been able to have a lot of great matches, just booking is hurting him.

Not to mention elsewhere in the world, we have some of New Japan's big names like Naito, Okada, Omega, and Tanahashi. Other than them in NJPW, we have KUSHIDA and some of the others (I'm still getting into New Japan, so I'm learning). I have to point towards Jay Lethal as an ROH staple, since not too long ago he was one of the longest reigning ROH champions and was a double champion, and while he's with WWE as their UK Champion, he also wrestles on the independent scene, Pete Dunne.

So, Roman, I'll tip my cap and say you've improved since we were bashing you years ago, but there are others I'd lean towards for saying they're the best in the world right now.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
He's doing better and better every time I see him, but I dunno about being "Best Performer in Ring in the World." You'd have to have a well-rounded skill set to be called that. For me? Best performer are out there right now. AJ Styles is one, Cody Rhodes is two, Dolph Ziggler is another, Bobby Roode is another, I mean, there's a lot going on out there...

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Romans a bit underated IMHO as he is quite good in ring (and I have only had to put up with him for a year).

Best in the world lol no (AJ, Omega, half the NJPW roster).

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Romans a bit underated.
Well, I do agree, He is a really good Wrestler, But I believe Vince has just pushed him to much and too quick to become the top guy in WWE. Sure, I believe that Vince prob plays favorites over them. I mean, Why else would Roman be "The top dog" He should've just started him out nice and slow and then Gradually worked his way up in the buisness.
(MY OPINION ONLY) Dnt get me wrong, I'm a huge Roman Fan. And a Fan of the Shield. :)

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And this just in...

Roman Reigns said something...some people disagree...some people agree...
&
some people don't care because as good as Roman is in the ring...he still
has the personality of a plank of wood and listening to him talk puts them
to sleep.

And just for the record...I PERSONALLY think A.J Styles, Cesaro, Neville,
Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Aleister Black,
Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate all better in-ring performers/workers than Roman Reigns.

Also most of those guys have more personality & character than Reigns
does as well...which I think is pretty important in the business of "Sports
Entertainment"

But hey...if you like Roman & think he's the "Top Dog" then good for you.

I will simply continue to ignore him because he has the personality of a
dead tree stump.

Last edited:

Legit Legend

The Artiste
Reaction score
Grevious has done it again i completly agree Roman is nowhere near close to best in ring performer hes trash i was hoping he'd be dropped before Ellsworth got dropped cause even Ellsworth was a better performer.. Sorry Roman Reigns but you suck.. You know you suck when they have to edit the boos into cheers on RAW on tv to make you look good... And to please Vince's ego!!!

Reactions: Grievous 3D