Roman Reigns in ring skill?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ninjashoes

Reaction score
How do you feel about Reigns in ring skills?

I haven't seen him in many full singles matches without interference.

He definitely can get the crowd to pop for his moves. I like the running boot, superman punch and the spear although the spear is so overplayed by now. Edge did it best imo, goldberg made it famous(or was it Rhino?).

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
He's still got some areas to work on and on occasions he has sell issues but every wrestler has sell issues at times, his comeback and hot tags are on tho. The only real area he needs to work on is the mic.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I saw him improve workin' with Ambrose and Rollins all last year as they constantly put out great outings. Even with Ambrose and Rollins supposedly being better wrestlers his powerhouse, explosive style has been far superior. I think he has shown he is very competent and The Shield's dominatin' run has given him the confidence to be at the top.

I'd say he is an above average worker already and he isn't gonna just stop getin' these big matches so he's just gonna get better.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He's still got some areas to work on and on occasions he has sell issues but every wrestler has sell issues at times, his comeback and hot tags are on tho. The only real area he needs to work on is the mic.

I pretty much agree with this. I said it in the RAW discussion thread that he probably has the most exciting babyface comeback outside of Daniel Bryan.

In terms of overall talent, he's pretty good actually. Obviously he's still a little young and has some room to grow but even the most established guys have their faults. His mic skills are the main thing that need work but if you look at where he was when the Shield first started, only being given the chance to scream "Believe in The Shield" and where he is now, you see improvement.

In short, give him some time and he'll probably end up being one of the talents the WWE has. There's a reason why they're pegging him the next guy

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Since he is basically just ending his rookie year, the guy has the potential to be something huge. Injuries & politics aside.

I would give him some time with one of the mid card titles, feud him against guys like Jericho who could really help him with his promo delivery, and guys like Kane who could really help develop his character as the new monster. This is why those vets are still getting tv spots right?

Reactions: Deezy

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I think he still needs some improving, but that's to be expected. He has that hot tag/comeback style down to a tee, and his overall mannerisms and presence is very good. I think for a while he'll struggle in long singles matches where he'll be needed to put on engaging action before his babyface comeback. He'd be best to not count on other people carrying the match until that that last stretch, as his matches would quickly start to become kind of bland and repetitive.

Give him the likes of Jericho and HHH to work with over the likes of Orton and Kane within the next year or so and I see him improving a lot.

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The guy is still green, he has been in the business for what? 2-3 years? He's done pretty damn well for himself in that short time.

Pepe the Cholo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
The guy is still green, he has been in the business for what? 2-3 years? He's done pretty damn well for himself in that short time.

Connections my friend, connections.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with pretty much what's been said already. He's good enough already, and he'll only get better plus he can work a crowd great. Kinda fix those mic skills though, and he is improving at that too it seems. I don't cringe as much when he talks.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For the amount of time he has been in the biz I say he is where he should be. I think this time next year he'll be greatly improved from where he is now in the in ring department which I'd say he is currently average to almost above average as a in ring performer. He works best when it is multiple man situations since he gets to hide a little bit and just rely on his exciting spots but looks green when he has to straight up work one on one with somebody. I don't he is going to be stagnant though can only see him getting better.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Seems we have a nice consensus in this thread despite all these ramblings that just equate he's pretty average so far.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think he has a lot to offer already and will just get better, its just a case of not rushing him to the top.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
i just hope they dont launch him up to quick. I think he will make a huge impact later on. For now, he needs to work on mic skills.

SanSooFighter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I'm pretty much in agreement with everyone here (which is nice to see everyone agree on a wrestling forum lol). I'm fine with how they are kind of testing him as a main eventer, but I hope they allow him to have a much slower burn to actually being a main eventer. He still young and seems pretty healthy so I don't see a need for them to try and push him earlier than need be.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's what they should have done with Dolph and Jack before just having them instantly win. It's like they stopped realizing they needed to build these guys up gradually for a bit there.