• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rolling Through Royal Rumbles

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
I haven't done this in a long time, but I think I am going to go through all of the Royal Rumbles and post my thoughts on them. I encourage others to watch some too and tell me what you think.

Royal Rumbles are very watchable matches.

At the moment I am watching 2021. But after that I am going to start from the beginning.

The interesting thing about 2021 was the virtual audience. It is so weird to think about how far we have come from that. It was a neat thing but a live crowd can't be beat.

So, I the first Rumble was January 24. 1988. It was a TV special on USA. I dd watch it live and mostly remember it because of Dino Bravo supposedly beating the bench press record. I haven't watched it a lot, so I am interested in how I will enjoy it.

220px-Royal_Rumble_88_logo.jpg

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Okay I totally forgot about the contract signing between Hogan and Andre. That is one of the most amazing moments in WWF history. I recall being a kid and Andre was freaking scary as hell as a heel.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
2008 or 07 royal Rumble is pretty fun and I very much enjoy those years where anyone can win. John Cena return is something else and that venue that set up is top notch
Yeah the early Cena return was something else. I think my jaw literally dropped and they kept that secret very well

Chris

Dreams are Endless
The best part about the ThunderDome rumble was the CLB return. Gutted that it isn't in front of fans looking back but man I'll never forget how much I lost my shit live

And honestly it's kind of fitting for Christian that Edge got the big return a year prior with fans and then he miraculously gets cleared too but does his in front of monitors :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
For about 3 years I watched every single rumble ever during the month of January, just the matches themselves not whole PPVs tho. Even the shitty ones I think get better on rewatches bc you don't have high expectations

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
For about 3 years I watched every single rumble ever during the month of January, just the matches themselves not whole PPVs tho. Even the shitty ones I think get better on rewatches bc you don't have high expectations
Except 2015 because that just gets sadder

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
I am only going to do the Rumble matches... The PPVs would take me forever to get through although I might watch a few of the memorable segments. Like I just watched the Andre and Hogan signing. That was great. The Rumbles are so fun that they can sometimes make all of the other matches seem like filler.
Edit: right on about them getting better on rewatches.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
That one and 2022 mens are the toughest still I think. 99 is God awful but in an entertaining way, absolutely atrocious booking tho lmao
Yeah 2022 Men's is difficult, it's about how it forgets what's fun about Rumbles