Role Reversal for Y2J and HBK

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I'm raeally thinking it's soon time for a change for Y2J.
To me, the whole gimmick he has now is getting old. Don't get me wrong, he did a great job, and carried Raw for months, but it can only go on so long.
The way I see it, there can only be two things done to his character
1-A turn from grumpy heel to funny heel
2-A face turn

I'm thinking that the first one would be almost impossible, as well as making no sense. There would be no reasoning or sensible way to have him stay heel, but suddenly turn funny again.

However, I see a way that he could actually turn face, and turn the tables on the entire HBk vs Y2J semi-ongoing feud.
See, months ago, the storyline was that he was critisizing Michaels, when HBK was actually the good guy, and thus, Y2J was the heel for condemning him... But now that HBK is a tweener, where he is working for JBL, I think they could have Y2J actually turn face, by "proving" he was right about HBK, and having HBK continue on the way he is now.

It's a win-win IMO.
It freshens up Jericho by making him face.
It makes sense, because now Y2J is proved right about his whole theory on HBK being a sellout, liar, and doing what's right for him
And, while it helps Y2J turn face, months down the road, HBK can still eventually turn on JBL.

So what do you all think of a Y2J face turn?
If you don't like the idea I had, how would you execute a face turn?

Enigma22

Reaction score
ive always liked him as a funny heel or a funny face. i dont really like him as this grumpy heel so i hope they change it up but i dont think they will for a while.

Reaction score
The badass heel is still sending the fans absolutely wild. I think he still has enough juice in the tank to continue the current persona until at least WM.

The Rated R CMStar

I also think Y2J can milk his character all the way to Mania, and who knows, maybe the feud he gets going into Mania allows him to keep the persona even further.

As for HBK, no, it wouldnt work. This feud with JBL is all designed for us to still cheer HBK, for us to feel sorry for HBK, and when HBK finally turns on him, for HBK to be as much as a babyface as ever.

Also Mikeraw, you say Y2J would turn by proving he was right about HBK...HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT HBK. That was practically the reason he turned heel. He said that the fans cheered for a man that lied on their face, on his face, that cheated to win, faked injuries, and well, HBK did all that, so technically Jericho was right their entire feud.

Airfixx

To me it seems way too early. I mean he's only been heel for what 7, maybe 8 months...?

"Mike Raw said:
It's a win-win IMO.
It freshens up Jericho by making him heel(*).
I assume you meant "face".
It makes sense, because now Y2J is proved right about his whole theory on HBK being a sellout, liar, and doing what's right for him
As stated somewhere above, he WAS right all along... This was what made his character/'fued so solid.
And, while it helps Y2J turn heel(*), months down the road, HBK can still eventually turn on JBL.
Once again, assuming you meant "face" (*not heel) I just don't see how what you've suggested would work when the fans have already chosen not to comdemn HBK about Y2Js accusations. Jericho will just come out effectively say what he's been saying all along and the fans won't see any cause to react differently and continue to boo him.

...But,to be honest, it seems to me to be one of those threads where all you have to put accross is that you are bored with their character. beyond that there's no real logic to your suggestion.

The badass heel is still sending the fans absolutely wild. I think he still has enough juice in the tank to continue the current persona until at least WM.

Agreed. I wanna see him fued with Rey first too. (My outside tip for a WM match i.e. Once the run with Cena is over, Y2j attacks another "sycophant".).

Reaction score
I thought his refusal to compete against Hacksaw Jim Duggan would lead to something. His disdain for being billed to compete against wash-ups leads him straight to one of these guys who is out to flatten the attitude: Stone Cold Steve Austin at WM.

Which in turn frees up Randy Orton for the WHC against John Cena.

/me thinking out loud.

Reaction score
I love the serious heel gimmick. Reminds me somewhat of William Regal. HBGay on the other hand just needs to walk off into the sunset. I've grown mighty tired of him constantly being in the main event tier.

MikeRaw

Also Mikeraw, you say Y2J would turn by proving he was right about HBK...HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT HBK. That was practically the reason he turned heel. He said that the fans cheered for a man that lied on their face, on his face, that cheated to win, faked injuries, and well, HBK did all that, so technically Jericho was right their entire feud.

To me it seems way too early. I mean he's only been heel for what 7, maybe 8 months...?

As stated somewhere above, he WAS right all along... This was what made his character/'fued so solid.

...But,to be honest, it seems to me to be one of those threads where all you have to put accross is that you are bored with their character. beyond that there's no real logic to your suggestion.

I know that we were supposed to know he was right all the time, but what I'm saying is that now that HBK has turned tweener, the fans would be more likely to side with Jericho if they can turn HBK full-fledged heel.
With HBK as a tweener, I agree, it wouldn't work too well, because they will still cheer him over Jericho, but my idea is to have HBK turn heel for a while (full) with JBL, therefore, it'd be easy for the fans to "forgive" Jericho and realise he was right.

Anyways, the storyline part doesn't matter, that was just one of my ideas I came up with while sitting there bored (It was like 2AM).
It's fine if people have other ideas for that, but my main point was just that IO wanted to see how many people think he should or shouldn't change his character. The storyline idea was just a subplot.

Oh, and also, on a side not, that's my bad for typing heel instead of face in some parts. As I said, it was late. I'll go change it now.

noumenon

I don't see Jericho going back to his wise cracking Y2J ways any time soon. He's still fully emersed in his solemn robot-like heel mode. The only problem I see being that he and Orton are kind of playing the same character...and in my opinion...Orton does it a hell of a lot better.
I honestly don't think we've seen the last of Cena/Jericho.

The Rated R CMStar

Orton and Jericho are not the same character. As every heel, they have some similarities, however they have striking differences that set them apart.

noumenon

^ agreed.....

i suppose just the fact that Jericho's new heel persona is such an extreme departure from everything he's ever done is really still kinda awkward to watch. it's really strange to see Jericho not exploding with charisma.

Montana

I think things are fine are now. Y2J is the most established, mature, vetern, mind playing heel. Where as Orton is the young cocky renegade heel.

HBK should stay face, or whatever he is now with JBL, because the fans still like him.

I'd say have Cena or Batista turn before any of those guys.

WWFAndrew

Reaction score
No way, I'm loving his character, haha. He's absolutely gold on the mic, his use of diction far exceeds anyone else on the mic. Thus, he presents the perfect elitist, superior-over-all-else type heel.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I would love to see Jericho go back to his Shut the hell up qoute face days. He had a ton of personality, and maybe he could even be a slight tweener by actling like this to faces as well. I do agree this whole "you people are hypocrite" thing can only go for so long before people are sick of him. So yeah I say bring back the Y2J that practically everyone loved