ROH TV After HDNet - What Next?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that is not room for a promotion like ROH some where on TV. I mean when you look at how many channels there are nowadays, and many of them small and obscure. I know ROH do not have the name value of TNA (and before people start attacking, yes I agree that ROH is a much better product, and actually do consider them a more sucessful promotion than TNA working at that level, but I am just talking about how many people have actaully heard of them), but surely there is enough of a fan base to werrant a spot so where.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNA has as much name value recognition as ROH, that means no one outside of hardcore wrestling fans know about it. ROH is an infinitely better product and should take TNA's spot. I don't much care for TNA anymore and hope it dies soon so the wrestlers with actual futures could go somewhere else and be used properly.

Seak

Reaction score
The only difference between TNA and ROH is Panda Energy. If ROH had that kind of money behind them they would be on a good TV station and be able to have a flashy set up like TNA. Unfortunately they don't, thus making them seem smaller to network executives, thus making it harder for them to get picked up. I still have faith that it'll happen eventually though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I still don't see how some fireworks makes a company look more big time than another, no one is going to outflash WWE with pyro and all around flair that the WWE does every show.

You look at UFC and see thats its as barebones as it gets, ROH could generate the same kind of feel, and the fans of ROH are way better than the plants that surround the Impact Zone. Atleast ROH fans know the storylines and are actaual fans.

Seak

Reaction score
I still don't see how some fireworks makes a company look more big time than another, no one is going to outflash WWE with pyro and all around flair that the WWE does every show.

You look at UFC and see thats its as barebones as it gets, ROH could generate the same kind of feel, and the fans of ROH are way better than the plants that surround the Impact Zone. Atleast ROH fans know the storylines and are actaual fans.

I agree completely with what you're saying, unfortunately not everyone agrees with us. There are many network executives that would look at the product ROH turns out and see it as a small time show compared to what WWE or TNA put on. While we look at things from a wrestling fan standpoint, all they know is what they see. And when you have even TNA with the fancy lighting and some pyro effects, it makes ROH seem like the lesser of the company, regardless of how superior their matches and storylines really are.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The issue is most TV executives will compare all wrestling programs to WWE. That is why TNA is more appealing since it looks like a smaller version of WWE. ROH looks completely different and I think that may put off some executives whose knowledge of the wrestling business is WWE and nothing more. Unless there are some higher-ups that follow wrestling ROH will unfortunately struggle to get a bigger deal.