ROH - The Era of Honor Begins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
iZhARiCMklxqrxjDUTn5s8N634HG0_tJC7kh77zznYOsxXqy9iwMRa5o-CQhhNq8RmJeJqWi1HadC3vP4DESX-2qcp_f-gdLitDvuehzPn8qf_BWvCUiC2JBtiBIlkIBqD5kXFN10XTIhrztZUbfr04

Interview with 'The Warrior' Low Ki

Interview w/ Low Ki

Hey there, we're back for our third interview with the next generation of top talent in the business. This was supposed to be released last week, but delays and Michael Shane's 'request' took priority ahead of the card announcement. However, I am super delighted to welcome Low Ki to have a quick conversation with us ahead of THE SECOND COMING. For those unaware, Low Ki is one of the premier talents in the entire world of wrestling, and probably the most known independent wrestler today. Trained by Homicide, he quickly eclipsed his trainer and cemented this with a victory in the ECWA Super 8 Tournament last year. Defeating American Dragon in the final; a man he has had several run ins with already, as both men vie for that top position.

ROHWrestling: Hi Ki, thank you so much for taking some time out to talk with us after a strong debut alongside Homicide against Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews. Congratulations on the win, how you doing?

LK: I am well. We gave a good account of ourselves and I am proud to have been on the first show as we've been back and forth to Japan a lot already this year with Zero-One, which is why I'm not on the next show.

ROHWrestling: I can only imagine, I bet it takes a lot to get used to the travel and the constant grind, but we're glad you got to showcase some of your skills. Now, I have to ask...you're pre-dominantly a singles wrestler, and we obviously know about your connection with Homicide training you, but what led to the decision to feature as a team?

LK: That's a fair question. Whilst it is true that my singles career has certainly outshone my tag team career, Homicide and I have teamed together a handful of times between Jersey All Pro Wrestling and this most recent Zero-One tour. The main reason, however, is that Christopher Daniels refused to face me one on one, and demanded that the office make a tag match. I know he has some problems with Homicide, but now after the show, he's got problems with everyone in the locker room.

ROHWrestling: Yes, I'm glad you mentioned it. We obviously include the Code of Honour in everyone's contracts, and Christopher Daniels agreed to it just like everyone else, but refused to shake hands after the match, claiming that neither of you had earned his respect.

LK: Unfortunately, most of us in this business know how Christopher Daniels operates. He is a man without honour, without respect, and without a moral compass to guide him towards the light. This I already knew about the 'Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, but what I learned last night was that he's also a coward. It wasn't hate nor was it disrespect that guided his actions. Hateful and Disrespectful though they were, that man is dominated by fear, and driven by an anxiety that tells him he is not enough. Well, Daniels, in the ring against me, you're not enough. I know you've got some heat with the office, but if you ever come back...well...all I can say is that I'm gunning for you, and all you can do is to be ready.

ROHWrestling: I think I speak for everyone when I say we would all very much like to see that match. Now, looking forward, obviously you're away on tour for six weeks from Sunday, but you're already signed on to our third show and you'll be facing the self-proclaimed 'King of the Independents' Reckless Youth.

LK: I have faced this individual once before, and he has a great fighting spirit. But he is not Low Ki. And like I have beaten him before, I shall beat him again and once I have returned from Japan, I will be ready to commit the rest of my year to proving why I am the best in the world at what I do. Reckless Youth, prepare yourself.

ROHWrestling: I think we all need to prepare ourselves for the summer ahead, we have some world class talent who appeared on the first show with obviously yourself and Homicide, but also the likes of Eddy Guerrero, Rey Misterio Jr., American Dragon, CM Punk, James Maritato...and we're only just getting started. Just one last question if I may before you leave, but if you could face anyone on the indy scene right now, who would it be? (Gabe, you better be writing this down!)

LK: Aside from a small matter of retribution against Christopher Daniels?

ROHWrestling: Yes, other than Daniels.

LK: That's easy. Someone I have faced before and whilst I won, it was the hardest fought match of my life and I learned a lot from him. A young man from South California by the name of Samoa Joe. One day, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

ROHWrestling: There we have it. Personally I'd love to see you and a fella who is making his debut next show - AJ Styles, but I am sure we will see all manner of dream matches and dream cards in the coming months as Ring of Honor truly gets off the ground. Thanks again to Low Ki, and if you haven't already, there are a handful of tickets remaining for our sophomore event; THE SECOND COMING, so make sure not to miss out!

Reactions: Roy Mustang