ROH - The Era of Honor Begins

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
6JuaQQ1eASU2tEtUSk0vZxce74gSbN6F4Mvcq-rxewvMZkZFUcHk65-hsIYUJOLdOyp3Ao-WBTqFlaIKb_-HXsWB5Lw-9KlNYr3TnzCXTl_nX-ihPHWgJcYmBSRWs2rdSXKX-iAWs7_WzU8XmmsMqY4

COMING SOON!
RESULTS
PHASE ONE:
#001: The Era of Honor Begins [2/23]
#002: The Second Coming [3/30]
#003: TBC - TBC
#004: TBC - TBC
#005: Road to the Title [TBC]​

Last edited:

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
WA-NdJzsmGOzsZjRzEOltf8-geLgnEnpjGS3kXLto5jNFKlYd_BZAceAyTodjycfW_rZvwux61UUq6Dqmt7SQly1sl573SHphzajHvsj5-OPmeAQ6byWt3Poq7YPokE-EoFLMRLN83mNok8pgE8z70Y

ROSTER

Eddy Guerrero // Rey Misterio Jr. // Jerry Lynn // American Dragon // Low Ki // Christopher Daniels // Super Crazy // Michael Shane // Paul London // Spanky // CM Punk // Colt Cabana // Steve Corino // Doug Williams // James Maritato // The Amazing Red // Da Hit Squad // Xavier // Homicide // Scoot Andrews // Christian York // Joey Matthews // Jimmy Yang // Jay Briscoe // The SAT // Chris Sabin // Matt Sydal // Alexis Laree // Sara Del Rey // MsChif // Daizee Haze // Mercedes Martinez

RING OF HONOR ANNOUNCES DEBUT SHOW

We can finally confirm that RING OF HONOR’s debut show, ‘The Era of Honor Begins’, will take place at the Murphy Recreational Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on February 23rd, 2002.

We have all been looking for that real alternative to the nonsense churned out by other companies - are you not sports entertained? The loss of both ECW and WCW last year hit hard - one more so than the other - and Ring of Honor is here to fill that void with hard-hitting action, the best technicians and high-flyers from around the world, a legitimate tag team division, and some of the best wrestlers to grace the squared circle.

A former protégé of Paul Heyman - Gabe Sapolsky has built one of the most well-known tape trading companies within professional wrestling. Now he presents a new promotion that will be built around RESPECT, HONOR, and above all else, taking pro wrestling out of the sewers and treating it as the art form it can be. To ensure this, Sapolsky has developed the CODE OF HONOR and its five laws.

1. You must shake hands before and after every match.
  2. No outside interference - no interfering in others' matches or having others interfere on your behalf.
  3. No sneak attacks.
  4. No harming the officials.
  5. No purposefully disqualifying oneself; definitive winners by pinfall, submission, or a time limit draw only.

Any breach of these rules will result in forfeiture of appearance fees and removed from future bookings.

We hope that this will create a more competitive environment with a focus on the action in the ring, and not the distractions from outside of it. We have already signed three blockbuster matches to our debut show, so make sure you catch it live, or pre-order the tape now from ROHWrestling.com

Monday 4th February, 2002
Newswire #001

A New Era of Wrestling Begins
We don't imitate...we innovate.
Our very first show will take place in just a little under three weeks, and we are pleased to announce that Ring of Honor has procured two of the greatest names in the history of Mexico, and two of the greatest wrestlers in the business. Free agents EDDY GUERRERO and REY MISTERIO JR. will face off in our inaugural main event at Era of Honor Begins. We are intent on providing you the best possible matches available, not just in North American independent wrestling, but in the world. Both men have a storied past before you even begin to look at their rivalry. Starting in 1997 in World Championship Wrestling, these two men fought over the Cruiserweight Title, trading it back and forth, producing epic after epic. Their rivalry is currently tied at 5-5, and we intend to settle the score once and for all between these two genuine superstars of wrestling.

The Texas Wrestling Academy may be best known by its trainer SHAWN MICHAELS, but it has also started to make a name for producing a plethora of top talent all itching to make their mark. We have arranged for four of their students to face off in a FATAL FOUR WAY at Era of Honor Begins. First is the technical master and runner-up of the 2001 ECWA Super 8 Tournament, AMERICAN DRAGON. Next we have the enigmatic and happy-go-lucky SPANKY. His semi-frequent tag team partner, the high-flying PAUL LONDON. Round off the four is the cousin of the Heartbreak Kid himself, looking to establish himself separate from his superstar cousin, is MICHAEL SHANE. The winner of the match will win a guaranteed contract with Ring of Honor, meaning no more long-drives, no more sourcing your own hotels; we fly you in, we take care of you, and if you get injured - we pay you. So big stakes on the line for these four up-and-comers.

We know that women's wrestling has been poorly showcased, or removed completely, by other promotions. Maybe you even started to believe it was because there weren't many options out there, but we are bringing two of the best women on the scene today to our first show. MSCHIF and MERCEDES MARTINEZ. MsChif has been tearing it up in Missouri whilst Mercedes has been fighting for titles against Sumie Sakai for NECW. Long-term plans are already being made to showcase great wrestling, whether that be the mens division, women's division, or last, but certainly not least, the tag team division.

Tag team wrestling is a staple of this business, and for good reason, but when did you last see a truly great tag team match? The death of the tag team division that was so hot in the territory days has been one of the bigger losses in the modern era. However, the art of tag team wrestling is still alive on the indies baby! We're going to be showcasing some of the brightest talent from across the world. First we have six man tag team scramble action with THE SAT (JOEL & JOSE MAXIMO) and THE AMAZING RED taking on JIMMY YANG, CHRISTIAN YORK, and JOEY MATTHEWS. Not only that, but DA HIT SQUAD (DAN MAFF & MONSTA MACK) will face DIVINE STORM (QUIET STORM & CHRIS DIVINE).

We are so excited for you guys to see what we will have on offer for you on the 23rd of this month, we hope as many of you as possible can join us at this unmissable debut event of the future face of professional wrestling.

Thursday 7th February, 2002
Newswire #002

Event Card for ERA OF HONOR BEGINS [2/23]

Texas Wrestling Academy Graduate Fatal Four Way

American Dragon vs. Paul London vs. Spanky vs. Michael Shane

Legends of Lucha Libre Showcase Match
Eddy Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio Jr.

Six-Man Tag Scramble Match
The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) and The Amazing Red vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Jimmy Yang.

MsChif vs. Mercedes Martinez

Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan 'Mafia' Maff) vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm)

Also featuring: Low-Ki, Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, Jay Briscoe, Prince Nana, Xavier, and more.

Mach

Reaction score
Eddy Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio one hell of a way to kick off a promotion - that Eddy 01/02 Indy run produced some crazy matches. Looking forward to keeping up with this one

Reactions: DakotaNorth

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
KYZ0scJWVP7oY53aBx_Jc7L0fuQ0vanyZuCUbZMHYwmzmUSIonXsMTOnDPkNsoxWdh1fPP0xSHNM8nVzyNLdQ61pVfE64_RplZyzI__jyAD9uaN-ooO-D-Fygkau3SYk29YceOdIz49Ulngav6p2lfc

Tuesday 19th February, 2002
Newswire #003
Future Dates Announced, American Dragon Q&A, Editorial, Final Confirmed Card for Debut Show

We are delighted to announce that we have three future events already in the works with tickets going on sale next Monday (2/25). All events will be at the Murphy Recreational Centre, Philadelphia, PA. Directions available upon request.

#002 - Angels & Dragons (3/30)
On the 30th March we will see the Ring of Honor debut of COLT CABANA who will face off against his Illinois brethren CM PUNK. We are privileged to be able to add that the IWA MID SOUTH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE will be defended for the first time outside of an IWA:MS ring. CM Punk has held the title for seventy-six days after what was a breakout year for the Straight-Edge wrestler. Both men are graduates of the Steel Dominion wrestling school in Chicago, and whether as rivals or as partners, these two men leave it all out there in the ring.

#003 - TBC (4/20)
TBC.

#004 - TBC (5/18)
TBC.

---
Interview w/ American Dragon

Earlier this week I managed to catch up with Bryan Danielson (BD in the transcript), more commonly known by his in-ring moniker the American Dragon. We source our questions from our fan hub and also from your emails, so please do send us any questions you have for any of our wrestlers. Next month I will be catching up with Low Ki, so please send any questions ahead of that one.

ROHWrestling: Hi Bryan, great to have you join me for our first interview article for the new website. Let's get right into it. I wondered if you could shed some light on why you've signed on with Ring of Honor, what was it about the pitch that brought you onboard?

BD: Thanks for having me. I have to say, the opportunity to showcase my technical abilities to a larger audience is one I couldn't pass down. I've wrestled all around the world, in front of big crowds and in front of no crowds, and all I want to do is get better all the time at my craft, and you have to test yourself against the best.

ROHWrestling: We certainly do strive to bring the best here. With the likes of Low Ki, Christopher Daniels, Eddy Guerrero, and Rey Misterio already confirmed for the first show, that has to excite you. Of everyone you know has attached themselves to this project, do you have someone you would like to get a chance to face off with?

BD: Well obviously any of those four you mentioned would be a dream come true. Eddy and Rey are obviously the bigger names, but some of the things that Low Ki and Chris Daniels can do in a ring are very impressive. I think the fans are in for a treat if they haven't seen some of the talent we've got. As for me, I'm going to pick one slightly unexpected in Paul London. We've been up and down the road, I've seen him wrestle dozens of times, but we've never had an actual match. He's crazy.

ROHWrestling: How about the age-old question of past or present, dead or alive, if you could face anyone at any point in time..

BD: William Regal. One hundred percent.

ROHWrestling: Why Regal?

BD: Aside from being an absolute badass, he showed people like me that technical holds can be cool and effective. You don't need to be a big badass brawler, although that helps too, but you can control a match by effective exertion of effort, and that's always appealed to me. Regal's the best at it, and on a personal note, he's also been very supportive of my questions since we briefly met during my time in Connecticut.

ROHWrestling: Let's take it even further back. A lot of the questions we got through the website were around your start in wrestling, if you could expand on that for us?

BD: Sure. I mean, I loved it as a kid. The Ultimate Warrior was my absolute favourite, so then when I was in college, I'm not sure what happened but a few of us were into wrestling and the Dean Malenko school wasn't too far. So I graduated. Well, I was supposed to graduate but they actually shut down around the time Shawn's school opened so I ended up there and actually, I was quite fortunate because they actually paid us for a little while to have that as a job, which was really fortunate.

ROHWrestling: Not many companies operate that way

BD: And they shouldn't, you know, not everyone has a Shawn Michaels they can lean on, who actively wants the school to expand, and to be more than just a school with his name on it, but to showcase the types of wrestlers that it can produce.

ROHWrestling: So your first match for Ring of Honor will be in the main event in a fatal four way against three of your Texas Wrestling Academy graduate buddies.

BD: That's a pretty strong accusation haha.

ROHWrestling: My apologies, I assume with travelling a lot you guys get pretty close?

BD: So me, Paul, and Spanky, we travel together a lot, and I know Paul and Michael used to but with Michael wrestling in WWF developmental a lot recently, I think this is the first time we'll have seen him in a while. But as far as I know it's Paul, me, Spanky, and one of our trainers Rudy Boy Gonzalez who will be making the trip.

ROHWrestling: Looking forward to the match?

BD: Of course. It's a really big opportunity for all of us to not only put TWA on the map, but to make a name for ourselves. I know a lot of people will be showing up or buying the tapes to see Rey versus Eddy, but stick around after it and you might find yourself a new hero in the American Dragon. Ha, bit of a shill there, but honestly, the card is stacked, with top guys from all over, and I can't wait.

ROHWrestling: Well thanks for your time Bryan, much appreciated. Next week we'll be talking to Low Ki, so remember to send any questions you have to fanhub@rohwrestling.com

---
FINAL CARD for ERA OF HONOR BEGINS [2/23]

The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) and The Amazing Red vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Jimmy Yang.

Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan 'Mafia' Maff) vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm)

Homicide and Low Ki vs. 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews

CM Punk vs. James Maritato

Xavier vs. Brian XL w/ Prince Nana

Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Sabin

---
So, I've provided the card in full for anyone who wishes to partake in a prediction contest for the first show. I've got something planned for when we get to Road to the Title, which the prediction contest winners will be able to exert creative control over to (hopefully) make that tournament really fun.

Last edited:

DGenerationMC

Reaction score

The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) and The Amazing Red vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Jimmy Yang

MsChif
vs. Mercedes Martinez

Homicide and Low Ki vs. 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews

Xavier
vs. Brian XL w/ Prince Nana

Knable

Reaction score
ERA OF HONOR BEGINS PREDICTIONS

American Dragon
vs. Paul London vs. Spanky vs. Michael Shane

The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) and The Amazing Red
vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Jimmy Yang.

Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan 'Mafia' Maff)
vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm)

Homicide and Low K
i vs. 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews

CM Punk
vs. James Maritato

Xavier

Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe
vs. Chris Sabin

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
FINAL CARD for ERA OF HONOR BEGINS [2/23]

American Dragon
vs. Paul London vs. Spanky vs. Michael Shane

Eddy Guerrero
vs. Rey Misterio Jr.

Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan 'Mafia' Maff)
vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm)

Homicide and Low Ki
vs. 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels and Scoot Andrews

CM Punk
vs. James Maritato

Xavier

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

Da Hit Squad
(Monsta Mack & Dan 'Mafia' Maff) vs. Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm)

Xavier vs. Brian XL w/ Prince Nana

Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe
vs. Chris Sabin

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
U5VzbYcDp03u7DJCgMuEk-s025P3nO6hes29Wyw3Rcz25YxiqdUKHLkKJZPN1qs6J-EjvW6wrz2ZHQ6EJAD64BfyXi4-f56-OkDBk57rUlzXWvOmuffBwD0m8uKt9lHnVBHTrZlTh5AoE4ZQM2Hf1Vk

THE ERA OF HONOR BEGINS
[2/23] ~ Philadelphia, PA​

PRE-SHOW: …………… Before the first show got underway, Gabe Sapolsky came out to thank everyone for supporting “the birth of the spiritual successor to ECW”. They only had a handful of tickets left on the doors, “so we’re expecting a packed out house tonight”. Thanked everyone again, including his new company GSMedia which will produce and distribute the shows, the few local sponsors that had supported them so eagerly. He promised that they were “laying the foundations tonight for what will become the best professional wrestling promotion in North America.” Despite not being full yet, a ripple of “R-O-H” passes over the room. He also announced that Steve Corino and “Chris Lovey” would be our ROH commentary tag team.

001. Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Sabin ~ The first show of this new era opens up with an exciting encounter between two young men just starting their careers; Sabin having just turned twenty, and Jay having just turned eighteen. In pre-taped promos, Sabin said “I’ve got a big heart and even bigger dreams. I’m here to show the world what I’m capable of. I’m Chris Sabin, bitch!” while Jay spoke about how “here in Ring of Honor, I’m going to prove why the Briscoe name is the best in the game.” Jay is accompanied to the ring by his younger brother Mark, who isn’t yet old enough to wrestle in Pennsylvania. Both men shake hands, observing the Code of Honor. A long feeling-out process to start this one with neither man wanting to make a mistake. Sabin uses his athleticism to keep Jay guessing, although a strong lariat from Briscoe gets a near-fall. Chris Sabin hits the first high spot of the night with his Leap of Faith (no-hands springboard suicide dive) to the outside, almost taking out the front row. Mark berates his brother from ringside which fires him up enough to regain control of the match. Sabin blocks a J-Driller attempt and reverses with a northern lights suplex.Two count. Chris Sabin looks to finish it with his Future Shock fisherman’s buster but he takes too long, Jay fights out and the J-Driller (Double Underhook Piledriver) puts Sabin down for the three count. Rather than celebrate with his brother, Mark looks disappointed and heads to the back. Jay shakes Sabin’s hand and both men raise their one another’s arm after a fine opening match. (J-Driller, 11:42)

The SAT (Joel & Jose Maximo) & The Amazing Red vs. Christian York, Joey Matthews, and Jimmy Yang ~ Incredible high-spot action showing all six men at their high-flying best. Handshakes all around to begin before this crazy spotfest breaks down into all out chaos. The Amazing Red and Jimmy Yang were the standout competitors from the match, having a brief showdown in the middle of all the chaos, with Amazing Red getting the better of his more experienced opponent. York & Matthews cut Red off and tossed him out of the ring onto the SAT. Then York, Matthews, and Yang, all took turns diving to the outside onto the ever increasing huddle of people below. Yang stood tall and decided who to pin. He picks one of the Maximo’s (On commentary Corino and Gabe…sorry… Chris Lovey, debate over which is which), but it turns out to be a poisoned pill when he gets caught by the other Maximo brother on the top rope. Both members of the SAT then hook Yang on the top rope and hit the Spanish Fly. York and Matthews are too slow to make the save and The SAT and Amazing Red get the victory. (Spanish Fly, 13:11)

Xavier vs. Brian XL w/ Prince Nana ~ Prince Nana is out first to a round of boo’s from those who know how he operates. He introduces himself as “the crown prince of the Ashanti Tribe in Ghana.” and that he is “building an African Embassy here in America.” He introduces his first ‘crown jewel’ and Brian XL makes his way to the ring. Nana says “he may not look like it, but this man is a warrior, a conqueror, and he will take me to the top of this business.” Xavier is out next to a host of “A-C-SLATER” chants. Xavier and Brian XL shake hands. Xavier offers Nana a hand but he refuses it and shoos him away. Chris Lovey notes that since Nana isn’t competing, he’s under no obligation to observe the Code of Honor. XL opens with a flashy show of somersaults, cartwheels, more somersaults, a handspring, and a backflip. All to avoid Xavier’s strikes. However, Brian XL then forgets his high-flying roots and engages a lock up. Xavier hits him with two chops, an open hand, and then NAILS him with the Kiss Your X Goodbye, rolls him up, 1…2…3. Xavier wins. Nana is going bananas on the outside and slides into the ring. Xavier shakes the limp hand of Brian XL and then leaves Nana to berate his unconscious ‘crown jewel’. Nana carries him to the back; shaking his head whilst cursing XL out. (Kiss Your X Goodbye, 1:45)

004. Mschif vs Mercedes Martinez ~ Ring of Honor promised to present the best female athletes in the industry, and these two put on one hell of a showcase. This battle was devoid of hair pulling, eye gouging, high pitched screams, and Joey Styles screaming “catfiiiiiiiight”. Thankfully. It started with a handshake and a tie-up, but quickly devolved into brutal knife edge chop exchanges. Then when that wasn’t enough to put either woman down, they began throwing forearms and European uppercuts. Mschif blinked first, and Martinez was onto her with a series of suplexes and a second rope splash for a two count. Martinez uses her slight size advantage to power MsChif up into a press slam, but MsChif freed herself and managed to get behind Mercedes; locking in the dragon sleeper. Martinez fought and managed to get herself to the ropes. On commentary, Lovey tells us that “Unlike other companies, where the referee will administer a five count, in ROH the referee will demand for the hold to be broken immediately otherwise they will be disqualified.” Corino adds, “...and disqualification means you’ve got heat with the locker room, you don’t get paid, and you don’t get invited back.” Mschif breaks the hold immediately. However, she drags Mercedes right back into the middle of the ring and this time MsChif gets her whole body across Martinez when she locks in the Dragon Sleeper once more. Martinez tries to drag herself to the ropes but it’s to no avail, as MsChif has it locked in deep. Martinez taps out. MsChif wins. (Dragon Sleeper, 9:02)

Da Hit Squad (Dan Maff & Monsta Mack) vs Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm) w/ Trinity ~ Dan Maff and Monsta Mack made it abundantly clear they were not paid by the hour in this match. A pair of exploder suplexes followed by stereo corner cannonball sentons put them in a fantastic position right away. Trinity tried to distract Maff but he faked her out and she fell unceremoniously off the apron to the outside. Mack rolled Storm out of the ring and then grabbed Chris Divine. This one was over before it even began after a Burning Hammer grabbed the win for Da Hit Squad. After the match Dan Maff grabbed a microphone and said “shit, look I know we’re about to hit intermission, but Gabe…fuck…next show book us against some real competition, or don’t book us at all.” DHS walks out as we head to intermission. (Burning Hammer, 2:14)

INTERMISSION
…………… During the break we heard from Low Ki who, earlier in the day, recorded a message for the ROH fans. He said he has been all around the world fighting the best, beating the best, but tonight he would team with a like minded warrior in Homicide. “I am not a tag team wrestler, nor am I a cog in the machine of this house of honor, but an opportunity to get my hands on the only man to best me in the ring. Christopher Daniels. The Fallen Angel. I do not know what brings you here. Perhaps you seek to turn this place of honor into a den of thieves and spineless mercenaries, but this I will not allow. Tonight I will prove that it is not the size of the fighter, but the size of the fight he will bring! So Christopher Daniels, now that you are here, all you can do is be ready.”

006. James Maritato vs. CM Punk ~ As the fans return to their seats at the end of intermission, James Maritato is already in the ring stretching and testing out the ropes. His opponents arrival is heralded by the slow opening bars of ‘Miseria Cantare’, Punk emerging from behind the curtain as the song fully kicks in. He has a microphone in his hand, and the IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title wrapped around his waist. He says “I respect you…James. I know you’re more than the gimmick. A legitimate athlete who can shoot with the best of them. But the difference with me, James, is… I am the gimmick. I am drug-free, alcohol-free, and I am straight edge - which means I’m better than you Guido.” Guido says to prove it so Punk casts aside his belt and microphone. The two shake hands and away we go with the first of four matches that could each headline independent promotions around the country. As expected, Maritato takes it to the ground right away, not allowing Punk any chance to build some kind of momentum by keeping the pace nice and slow. “Putting on a wrestling clinic” is how Lovey describes it, and Punk begins to get increasingly frustrated as he keeps getting caught in Maritato’s traps. Anytime Punk breaks free, they exchange a few strikes, and then when Maritato can catch Punk off-balance - he takes him down to the mat. Punk finally finds his opening and uses Maritato’s momentum against him to send him crashing to the outside. Punk follows him out with a middle rope suicide dive and the crowd come alive. Punk follows up with a powerbomb on The Hardest Part of the Ring™. Maritato sells it like he’s been shot. Punk rolls him back in for a two count. Maritato rallies but is unable to find a comeback, getting cut off by CM Punk with the Pepsi Twist, and then a Shining Wizard as he tries to get up. Punk covers. 1…2…3. CM Punk wins. (Shining Wizard, 12:51)

Homicide & Low Ki vs. Chris Daniels & Scoot Andrews ~ Homicide and Low Ki have the experience as a team, but Chris Daniels and Scoot Andrews collectively have nearly twenty years of experience in the industry, so this should be good. Homicide and Low Ki come down in matching gang member-esque attires complete with bandanas. Daniels cut a pre-taped vignette saying “This, my children, is the moment you’ve all been waiting for. The arrival of the most sought-after independent wrestler in the world. Not Low Ki. Not Homicide. And Scoot, you may be my partner tonight, and you may call yourself the ‘Black Nature Boy’, but whether you like it, or you don’t like it, Christopher Daniels is the best thing going today.” Homicide cuts a much more aggressive and forward promo. “Christopher Daniels. Scoot Andrews. Do you think you know violence? Do you know what it means to fight for respect, for your life? Every.Single.Day. You motherfuckers haven’t got a clue. Out on the streets you don’t get respect just by showing it, you earn it. I’m going to fucking murder you, and then I’ll shake your hand.” Low Ki and Scoot Andrews reluctantly shake hands, although Homicide and Daniels flat-out refuse. Daniels even gets onto the apron, grabs the tag rope, and demands the referee start the match. Ring of Honor official Alan Woody is having none of it. He tells them the match won’t start until they shake hands, and reminds them both that failure to adhere to the code of honour will result in their fee’s being forfeit. Homicide says he “doesn’t give a shit”, but Low Ki manages to convince him otherwise, and finally Daniels and Homicide shake hands with one another’s respective partners, and then finally one another. Daniels turns to get back onto the apron but Scoot has beaten him to it. The bell rings. Low Ki and Daniels start things off, with Daniels’ wrestling prowess on full display. That is, until Low Ki begins kicking him down to size; a quebrada DDT by Daniels is countered, and then Low Ki hits a springboard Tidal Wave. Daniels gets rocked but stumbles back into his corner and he tags out. Low Ki does the same, and now Homicide and Scoot face off. Scoot tries to stay one step ahead of Homicide, but Homicide proves to be both an effective striker and a very competent amateur wrestler. Unfortunately for Homicide, he’s not quite on Scoot’s level and the constant grappling and vying for position wears him down. Low Ki breaks up a few pin attempts, drawing the ire of Chris Daniels. Scoot signals for the end and NAILS Homicide with a Pumphandle Driver. One…Two…Th-NO! Low Ki breaks up the fall! The referee moves to reprimand him but Chris Daniels is quicker and he leaps at his fellow illegal participant and they begin trading strikes whilst the referee tries to get both men out of the ring. Daniels is unable to keep up with the strikes and a running dropkick catapults him to the outside and Low Ki follows him out. Scoot is back up to his feet, tries another Pumphandle Driver but Homicide has enough in the tank to reverse it, hit the CopKilla, and get the win. After the match Daniels refuses to shake hands, shouting “I wasn’t pinned. You didn’t beat me. Neither of you have earned MY respect” and he stormed backstage. (CopKilla, 13:03)

Eddy Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio ~ The match that everyone has been waiting for. The Legends of Lucha Libre Showcase match. Chris Lovey reminds us that “these two men have wrestled all over the world, in the biggest arena’s, in the biggest companies, and yet here they are in Ring of Honor, ready to finally settle the score. As it stands, these two men are tied at five victories a piece and one draw. Tonight, we finish the series.” Both men are out to absolutely HUGE standing ovations as the four-hundred plus crowd show their respect to these giants of pro wrestling. Rey offers his hand first. Eddy deliberates, looking at the crowd, pacing back and forth, before accepting the handshake to a huge pop. Rey goes airborne early with a headscissor attempt that ends with an arm drag. Eddy charges, Rey ducks, fires off the ropes and Eddy’s tilt-a-whirl backbreaker is reversed into another arm drag. Both men standoff. Rey grabs a headlock, Eddy shoots him off the ropes and drops him with a shoulder block. Eddy goes over and under, and as Rey pops back he gets sent flying into the corner with a monkey flip. Rey lands it so Eddy charges in but gets nothing but buckle. Rey hops out to the apron and then comes back in with a springboard tornado DDT! One..Two…Eddy powers out. Rey hits a basement dropkick and tries to keep Eddy down, but a second attempt is avoided, and Eddy aims a hard kick behind the knee. Eddy stomps away at the leg and successfully grounds Misterio. Rey tries to escape the relentless beatdown with an impressive one-legged springboard back elbow, but Eddy catches him and dumps him HARD on his head with a back suplex. Eddy then picks him up, looks for the powerbomb but Rey tries to slip out, only to get caught in the Gory Special! The ref asks if Rey wants to tap with nowhere to go but out of nowhere he reverses it with an arm drag. Eddy gets sent flying again but he’s immediately back on his man with the classic Three Amigos. The crowd counts along for each suplex. “One!”. “Two!”. “Three!”. Eddy makes the cover but only gets two. Eddy takes a little while to plan his next move before launching Rey into the corner and he lands in a tree of woe. Basement dropkick! Eddy looks to follow up but REY EVADES! Eddy crashes hard, balls first, into the ring post. Eddy rolls out and Rey starts climbing the ropes. The fans are on their feet. Somersault Senton INTO A HURRICANRANA! “Holy shit! Holy shit!” That was insane. Rey feels the momentum swinging and he puts a lot of effort and energy into dragging the uncooperative body of Eddy back into the ring. One..Two…Kickout! Rey stalks Eddy, drop toe hold lands Eddy in prime position, neck draped over the middle rope. Rey hits the ropes, SIX ONE NINE! Rey connects! He looks for the springboard, but his knee gives out! He catches himself and goes for it again but he’s given Eddy time to recover and he gets caught midair! Powerbomb! Eddy lights him up a second time. POWERBOMB! He folds Rey up. One…Two…Kickout! Eddy points to the corner. He goes up. Frogsplash - but he gets nothing but canvas! Rey decides against the springboard and heads to the top rope. Eddie catches him again though and crotches Rey. He tries the superplex off the top but Rey flips out of it and lands on his feet. Eddy turns around on the turnbuckle but Rey comes flying in. Frankensteiner! Rey hooks the legs right away. One..Two…Three! Rey wins. After the match Jerry Lynn hits the ring and shakes both mens hands and congratulates them on adding another classic to their history together. He says tonight Ring of Honor makes history, but challenges the two of them to a tag team match next month. Eddy and Rey against him, and a partner of his that both men know all too well. Super Crazy. They accept. Eddy then stays in the ring and reveals the demons he’s fighting, “but man, nights like this really remind me what a beautiful gift we have in this business. The connection with you fans, especially here, is everything. If everything goes right for me, it means I won’t get to spend as much time fighting the best wrestlers and athletes in the world, but I won’t take these moments for granted. Never again.” (Top Rope Frankensteiner, 14:21)

// …………… //
The crowd are almost spent after that last one, so we get a brief interlude as Gary Michael Capetta makes his way to the ring, the Philly crowd all too familiar with him from his time in ECW. He thanked the crowd for their overwhelming support in launching this promotion the right way, with a focus on in-ring action, incredible talent, great storytelling, and producing the best matches in the history of the sport. He says tickets are now on sale for the next three shows, with the first matches being revealed for those shows on Monday on ROHWrestling.com. Quickly plugs the GSMedia stall at the back of the centre with the best wrestling tapes of the indies and the best wrestling merch anywhere.

009. American Dragon vs. Paul London vs. Spanky vs. Michael Shane ~ Eddy versus Rey may have been the showcase that many showed up for, but this was the battle for the future. The prize here is a Ring of Honor contract, guaranteed. So big stakes for all four men looking to prove themselves. All four men are equally known, but in Michael Shane’s case they are not equally liked. London and Dragon get the biggest reactions, although Spanky’s early match hijinx certainly warm the crowd to him as he pretends to side with Shane in a totally fair two v two situation, before blindsiding Shane and unloading on him with a series of strikes. London and Dragon just watch on as they go at it, content to see where this leads. Shane fights back, misses a superkick, and Spanky NAILS him with the Slice Bread #2. Spanky covers. One…Two…Three. Shane is eliminated!! [ELIMINATION ONE]. London and Dragon exchange shocked glances, as Spanky celebrates like he’s won the world title. The referee quickly points out that this isn’t one fall to a finish, it’s elimination rules, and we have three men left. The three men square off, but before anyone can do anything, Shane is back in and he KO’s Spanky with a superkick. He rolls out and leaves, with London and Dragon yet to get going. They look at Spanky. Then back at one another. Then to the referee. Danielson shrugs, and fires off a series of forearms and leg kicks to his high-flying opponent. London takes the damage but doesn’t go down, with a nice combination finished with the DropSault on Dragon, but landing with a pin on Spanky. One…Two…Kickout. Dragon is back up and a roaring elbow KILLS London, and he rolls to the outside. Danielson stalks Spanky, hits a dragon suplex, followed up by a tiger suplex, and then floats over into the Cattle Mutilation! Spanky has absolutely nowhere to go and no way to drag himself (and Dragon) to the ropes. Luckily for him, London is already climbing to the top rope and a SHOOTING STAR PRESS impacts everyone including London. London quickly covers Spanky. One…Two…Three! Spanky is eliminated. [ELIMINATION #2]. London wastes no time and covers Dragon too. One..Two...Kickout! Unphased, London again goes up top, but a diving senton misses, and Dragon is up to his feet. HARD knife edge chops are thrown back and forth for the first real “WOOO’s!” of the night. Dragon chops London down to his knees and then unloads a brutal series of stiff kicks to London’s chest. He aims a final one at the head of London but London collapses to the mat before he can hit it. He covers but only gets a two count. London fights back to a vertical base and he hits the ropes looking for a wrap around DDT. Danielson plants him with an exploder suplex into the corner before dragging London back to his feet. He gets the double underhook and wrestles London down to the canvas. He fights but can’t overpower the much stronger American Dragon, who pins him down to the ground and locks in the Cattle Mutilation! London has nowhere to go, and with everybody else eliminated, nobody else to break the hold. He squirms and he fights, but rather than risk injury or further damage, he realises his predicament and relents to the pain. Paul London taps out. [ELIMINATION #3]. American Dragon is the winner of Ring of Honor’s first ever main event! (Cattle Mutilation 21:38)

POST-SHOW: …………… As the show comes to a close, American Dragon grabs a mic and thanks everyone for showing up. He says he’s wrestled in so many cities, in so many countries, and in so many promotions, but nothing has felt like this. He says they’re going to be building something special, and he intends to take the burden of leading the way into a new era. An Era of Honor. Crowd chants “Thank you Dragon”. In a post-show segment, Christopher Daniels speaks on what transpired tonight. He says that Scoot may have been in the business almost as long as he has, but he clearly has much to learn, and he will administer that lesson himself next month. He says the code of honor may appeal to some of the boys in the back, but he doesn’t see the point. He continues to explain how most wrestlers in the ROH locker room aren’t even fit to lace his boots, nevermind for him to treat them as equals inside the wrestling ring. He said he respects a proven track record, and as far as he’s concerned there’s only a handful of wrestlers who have any real substance. He calls shaking hands with low lives like Low Ki and Homicide is beneath him, and it won’t be happening again. “Fine me if you want to Gabe. Don’t book me on future shows. I doubt you have the bottle. Without me, this promotion doesn’t even get off the launchpad.

001. Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe def. Chris Sabin (J-Driller, 11:42)
The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) & Amazing Red def. Christian York, Joey Matthews, & Jimmy Yang (Spanish Fly, 13:11)
003. Xavier def. Brian XL w/ Prince Nana (Kiss Your X Goodbye, 1:45)
004. MsChif def. Mercedes Martinez (Dragon Sleeper, 9:02)
005. Da Hit Squad def. Divine Storm w/ Trinity (Burning Hammer, 2:14)
006. CM Punk def. James Maritato (Shining Wizard, 12:51)
007. Homicide & Low Ki def. ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels & ‘The Black Nature Boy’ Scoot Andrews ((CopKilla, 13:03)
008. Rey Misterio Jr. def. Eddy Guerrero (Top Rope Frankensteiner, 14:21)
009. American Dragon def. Paul London, Spanky, & Michael Shane (Cattle Mutilation, 21:38)

Last edited:

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
Prediction Contest #001 RESULTS

DGMC --> 6 points.
Knable --> 8 points.
RoyMustang --> 5 points.
KingKota --> 6 points.

Congrats Knable, you are this months winner! As mentioned before, the first four prediction contests will give POWER to each winner to influence and affect booking decisions ahead of / during the Road to the Title tournament (which should be event #5 unless anything drastic occurs).

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
WA-NdJzsmGOzsZjRzEOltf8-geLgnEnpjGS3kXLto5jNFKlYd_BZAceAyTodjycfW_rZvwux61UUq6Dqmt7SQly1sl573SHphzajHvsj5-OPmeAQ6byWt3Poq7YPokE-EoFLMRLN83mNok8pgE8z70Y
Monday 25th February, 2002
Newswire #004
Two days after the debut of our very first show and we just want to thank you everyone who has supported us, either by attending events or pre-ordering the Tape/DVD of the event (pre-orders will be distributed first, and then general orders will go live a week after that. If you're subscribed to our weekly newsletter, you'll receive any and all updates through there). We had a packed house for our first event, and it's safe to say that thanks to you fans we were able to put on a memorable show that we can't wait to share with the wider world.

Moving on to future live events, we are now able to reveal several matches already booked for the next three events and some of the stars set to appear on each show.

#002 - The Second Coming (3/30)

We had originally planned for two of the best wrestlers on the scene today to do battle in Christopher Daniels and American Dragon, however, the former's actions on our debut show cannot go unmentioned, and nor can they go unpunished. We have established a Code of Honour for a reason, and when Mr. Daniels exited the ring after the match, he failed to obvserve the Code of Honor, and so he will not be featuring on the second show. We have changed the name of the event to 'The Second Coming', but we can confirm that Jesus is not scheduled to appear (although when did that ever stop him). Instead of Chris Daniels, AMERICAN DRAGON will face a worthy technical opponent in JAMES MARITATO. Maritato was unfortunate against CM Punk, perhaps lacking a killer instinct, but you can bet he will be bringing his A-Game when he goes up against the future of technical style wrestling.

We already let the cat out of the bag that CM PUNK would be defending his IWA MID SOUTH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE against his sometimes partner, often rival, COLT CABANA. We want to thank IWA-MS for honoring us by letting us showcase their title on one of our shows. When we claim to provide the best wrestling anywhere in North America, these two Chicago natives are leading the way.

At the end of Era of Honor Begins, we had a surprise visit from JERRY LYNN who challenged EDDY GUERRERO and REY MISTERIO JR., to a tag team match. His partner? SUPER CRAZY! We can confirm that all four men have signed on for the next show and will co-headline our second live event, titled Angel's & Dragons, which will once again take place at the Murphy Rec centre in Philadelphia, PA.

Unfortunately due to tour commitments and prior bookings, Low Ki, Homicide, Divine Storm, and Mercedes Martinez will not appear.

Also set to appear: Chris Sabin, The Amazing Red, The SAT, Xavier, Jay Briscoe, and many more!

#003 - TBC (4/20)

On April 20th, Ring of Honor will return to the Murphy Rec Centre for our third show, and whilst details are obviously scant until we know the fallout from 'The Second Coming', we can already announce two massive matches that we have already booked.

One of the hottest indy wrestlers anywhere in the world today; AJ STYLES, will make his Ring of Honor debut, facing JERRY LYNN. For those of you who haven't seen AJ Styles wrestle before, you are in for an absolute treat with this man. Jerry Lynn has been having legendary matches for over ten years with the likes of Rob Van Dam, Lance Storm, and even X-Pac (when he was the Lightning Kid), but this one has the opportunity to raise that bar even higher. We hope it's not hyperbole to say that AJ Styles may be the most athletic wrestler in the world, and we can't wait for you Ring of Honor fans to get to see him.

The returning LOW KI (fresh from a six week tour with Zero-One) will go into battle against 'The King of the Independents' RECKLESS YOUTH. Reckless Youth won't be coming alone, however, as he brings with him three of his top students from the Wrestle Factory in Allentown, PA. BLIND RAGE, HALLOWICKED, and ICARUS (formerly Ichabod Slayne), who go by the name THE NIGHT SHIFT will all make their in-ring wrestling debuts as they face off against THE SAT and AMAZING RED. Reckless Youth's new promotion CHIKARA, will debut in May, featuring many of his students, and several ROH wrestlers appearing on the show. We will be selling tickets to their first show at our live events and also here on ROHWrestling.com.

Also set to appear: Alexis Laree, American Dragon, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal, MsChif, Xavier, and many more!

#004 - TBC (5/18)

We don't have much information available for our fourth event, but we can reveal one match that has been booked for this event (once again from the Murphy Rec Centre). In a rematch from last years 'King of the Indies' Semi-Final (run by our great friends over at APW), AMERICAN DRAGON will take on the incredible British technician DOUG WILLIAMS. We will also have a special announcement concerning the future of Ring of Honor at this show, so don't go anywhere, we're only just getting started.

Also set to appear: Alexis Laree, Christian York, Eddy Guerrero, Jimmy Yang, Joey Matthews, MsChif, Mercedes Martinez, Rey Misterio Jr., Sara Del Rey, and Xavier.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the very next show, but stay peeled to the website for any and all updates.

DakotaNorth

Reaction score
iZhARiCMklxqrxjDUTn5s8N634HG0_tJC7kh77zznYOsxXqy9iwMRa5o-CQhhNq8RmJeJqWi1HadC3vP4DESX-2qcp_f-gdLitDvuehzPn8qf_BWvCUiC2JBtiBIlkIBqD5kXFN10XTIhrztZUbfr04

Interview with 'The Heartstopper' Michael Shane | Final Card for THE SECOND COMING

Interview w/ Michael Shane

Hey there, we're back with another interview, this time with the Texas Wrestling Academy graduate Michael Shane who didn't have quite the debut he would have liked, no doubt already planning how he can make his mark on the next show. For those who attended or have seen the clips circulating on the web, American Dragon - our first guest! - won the match and with it, an ROH contract. No more long-haul car rides, we cover travel, accommodation, and you're guaranteed to feature on every show since we're paying you anyway. Before we get into it, remember you can still send all your questions in for this months featured guest Low Ki (we should be catching up next week), and also for our Q&A grab bag sessions.

ROHWrestling: Hi Michael, it was incredible to see you and your peers debut on the first Ring of Honor show. I know it didn't go quite the way you'd have hoped, but how was the experience?

MS: How was the...experience? Let me tell you that those three low lives only got scholarships with my cousin at the TWA because he's got a charitable way about him. I'm not like that. I was put into a situation where I was one man against three, and even me, Michael Shane, I've got limits you know.

ROHWrestling: I have to say, given that I was in attendance, it looked like it was just Spanky that attacked you and eliminated you. Paul and Bryan seemed to just...watch.

MS: They were complicit, and that's why I've already spoken to Gabe and out of the kindness of his heart he's decided to do a little bit of a part deux. A sequel, if ya weeel. Later this month at The Second Coming, we'll have a three way dance between myself, Paul London, and Spanky, and then we'll see how it goes when I'm ready for Spanky's underhanded tactics.

ROHWrestling: I look forward to seeing it, and we wish you all the best with getting yourself a contract here at Ring of Honor. If I may...

MS: Thanks, but I think we'll call it there. I do my talking in the ring.

ROHWrestling: Well, thanks for joining us anyway, despite the quick turnaround. See you all next week as I catch up with Low Ki, hopefully for slightly longer than this went.
FINAL CARD for THE SECOND COMING [3/30]

Two out of Three Falls Tag Team Match

Rey Misterio Jr. & Eddy Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn & Super Crazy

IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title Match
CM Punk © vs. Colt Cabana

James Maritato vs. American Dragon

Delirious vs. Xavier

Three Way Dance
Michael Shane vs. Spanky vs. Paul London

Jay Briscoe w/ Mark Briscoe vs. Hernandez

Chris Sabin vs. Fast Eddie vs. Don Juan

The Amazing Red vs. Jimmy Yang

Four Corner Scramble Match
The SAT vs. York & Matthews vs The Lost Boyz vs. Da Hit Squad

Predictions welcomed, still need to name three more winners ahead of Road to the Title, so please keep them coming. Thanks to everyone who participated last time, and thanks in advance for this one!

Last edited:

DGenerationMC

Reaction score
Two out of Three Falls Tag Team Match
Rey Misterio Jr. & Eddy Guerrero
vs. Jerry Lynn & Super Crazy

IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title Match
CM Punk ©
vs. Colt Cabana

James Maritato vs. American Dragon

Delirious vs. Xavier

Three Way Dance