ROH on Sinclair Broadcasting TV Taping Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ok, so just got back. Pretty awesome night of wrestling to say the least. One major flaw was that their production values right now are complete garbage. I'm not sure if this was and will be just a one time thing because something accidentally went wrong, but they had audio problems all night and had like 15 minutes between every match for other stuff as well. Everyone was getting really restless and pissed off. Wrestling action was really great though. So lets get to it.

First thing I noticed was that they have a pretty good lighting setup. Much different than the last show in May.

Cornette came out first to tell everyone why Chicago was chosen for the taping and how great of a city it is. Told people to be louder than ever, but since they are going to be on national TV, to try and keep it as family friendly as possible, which drew a few boos. He then introduced Kevin Kelly as the "voice" of ROH.

Dark Match:
Grizzly Redwood d. some dude I've never heard of

Then, just as they were about to start the first TV taping, all the problems began. There was probably about a 5 minute wait just to do anything, then Kelly took the mic and did a countdown to the first TV taping, opened and welcomed everyone to the show, then his mic cut off. Probably 10 minutes went by and nothing was fixed. Really restless time. CM Punk chants even began to start. Finally, they fixed their stuff, redid the intro. Kelly welcomed everyone once again and told everyone to welcome his broadcast partner. He was a former ROH World Champion. NIGEL F'N MCGUINNESS!!! He cut a decent promo about coming back to ROH.

Taping #1

Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole d. The Bravado Brothers
-Really fun opening match. Lots of action and not a lot of rest spots at all.

After the match, Nigel interviewed a fan about who was going to win the main event tonight between the WGTT and KoW. Nigel accidentally referred to them as The WORLD'S Greatest Tag Team, so they had to redo it over again, lolz.

ROH World Tag Team Championships
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team d. The Kings of Wrestling to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championships

-I felt this could have been better, but it was still fun nonetheless. KoW were over more than usual tonight. I'm guessing a lot of people know they are probably on their way out.

Taping #2

Cornette comes out and introduces the tag team champions, WGTT. They brought up how the one team that wants a shot at them are the Briscoes, but Cornette says no, because he's not going to reward them for what they did in NYC or whatever. Don't really remember what they did offhand, but they mentioned something about $5,000.

MORE LONG WAITS~!

Mike Bennett (w/ Brutal Bob) d. Jimmy Jacobs (w/ Steve Corino)
-Decent enough match, but nothing all that great. Never felt like it really got going.

Nigel asked another fan who's winning the main event tonight, this time between El Generico and Jay Lethal.
ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal d. El Generico to win the ROH World Television Championship

-This went to a 15 minute time limit draw. Fans went nuts and chanted for "5 more minutes." Cornette comes out and says they don't have 5 minutes, but they do have 3 minutes, so they'll fight till they go off the air. Bell rings, and the place absolutely goes nuts. Just insane action in the final minutes with Lethal hitting the top rope elbow for a two count and a lethal combination for the win. Very, VERY good match, especially the action after the re-start.

Dark Match
: Mike Sydal d. Ernie Osyris (w/ The Embassy)
-Meh

Taping #3

Cornette out and introduces the Briscoes. They want a tag title shot, but Cornette says no, but they can face ANX in a #1 contenders match. Good start to the show. Better than the start with Haas and Benjamin.

Tomasso Ciampa (w/ The Embassy) d. Andy Ridge
-Solid match. Ciampa was made to look pretty dominate, but Ridge got in some nice offense.

Another Nigel interview with a fan asking their thoughts on the main event between Richards and Strong. The fan responded with "WHO CARES I WANT STEEN." Sooooo hilarious. Nigel's expression was hilarious. Called him a wanker.

ROH World Championship

Davey Richards d. Roderick Strong (w/ Truth Martini)
-Holy crap. What an amazing match this was. Probably the greatest match I've ever seen live, and I've seen some pretty awesome matches from ROH in Chicago. Just amazing toughness and athleticism from both guys. Richards is really growing on me lately. What a badass mother****er he is. Seriously.

I think quite a few people went home after this thinking this was it, but it wasn't, lol. Judging by the time, I don't blame them. Already on about 4 hours already.

Taping #4

Number 1 Contenders Match
The Briscoes d. The All Night Express
-Good tag, shorter than I expected though. Briscoes won with a low blow and a pin. Both teams fight afterwards and Cornette comes out and says that he won't reverse the refs call, but he will take away the win, so there is still no #1 contender.

Eddie Edwards d. Michael Elgin (w/ Truth Martini)
-Good match. Edwards stood out as usual. Not sure why this was the main even to close the show though and not the world title match. Oh well.

Overall, really good show, besides the awful technical problems they seemed to have going on. Besides that, the wrestling was very solid to great in some aspects (Lethal/Generico and Davey/Strong). Really disappointed that there was no Colt or no sighting or even mention of Steen.
frown5.gif

Biggest pops:
1. Re-start of the Lethal/Generico match
2. Nigel's intro
3. Davey's intro

edit- If I had to put a rating on those two matches I talked about, I'd say Lethal/Generico was around **** and Davey/Roderick around ****1/2. Of course that may not translate to TV, but I'm almost positive they will be great. And that's phenomenal for TV.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Definitely seems like a clusterfuck backstage for the first run. There's a lot of questionable booking decisions coming from these tapings.

*Jacobs jobbing? Way to put over your returning star, guys. >_>
*WGTT and The Briscoes being the ones cutting promos? Lol. I can understand WGTT since they're the biggest names, but why couldn't Davey or Roddy talk about the title match instead of the Briscoes. Probably be a pre-tape but still. If i'm booking, the World Champ's the first one to talk.
*And why the heck was Elgin and Edwards the last match. I've heard a bunch of people left the tapings due to the horrible production and waits, and you give the fans who stayed this over the World Title match? :smh I marked out reading Nigel's back though. Dude's awesome.

Lucas, you've seen the HDNet show, and just based on without seeing it on TV yet, would you say the production was better/worse than that? Hope you had fun, man.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Well, they have over a month to edit this together, so I would say it's going to turn out better. Live, it obviously was a bit of a trainwreck, but the lighting was good and the ring and logo are much nicer than the previous. So I'd say better. (hopefully)