ROH/NJPW War Of The Worlds Night 1 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Night 1 of Ring Of Honor meeting New Japan Pro Wrestling for War of the Worlds is in the books, and New Japan came out on top in tonight's battle. The show took place from the old ECW Arena in Philadelphia, with night 2 taking place tomorrow. You can read the quick results below:

* Gedo def. Delirious via pinfall

* Roderick Strong defeated Kushida via pinfall

* ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal defeated Wanatabe via pinfall

* IWGP Junior Tag Team Champions Young Bucks defeated ROH Tag Team Champions The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian) and IWGP Tag Team Champions The Kingdom via pinfall

- Moose cut a promo saying he is coming for the ROH Title

* Tetsuya Naito def. Michael Elgin via pinfall. Elgin tried to shake hands after, but got attacked by Naito

* ReDragon defeated Jushin Thunder Liger and Hiroshi Tanahashi

* IWGP Champion AJ Styles defeated Adam Cole by pinfall. Cole worked as a heel

* Okada and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated The Briscoes via pinfall after Okada hit the Rainmaker.

Source

Looking forward to this one!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Here's something I've found on Tumblr.
Dayumn, Bloody Sunday on the apron.
tumblr_no9p7kZTTb1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This was an enjoyable and a fantastic 3 hour show, with absolutely nothing bad on it!
Thank you so much, ROH & NJPW!

- Battle of the Bookers: Gedo vs Delirious was a fine show opener.

- Roddy vs KUSHIDA was so effin' great, I loved everything about this match! Strong is having a great year in the ring and the dude is easily one of the most consistent wrestlers on the indies. Roddy getting a shot with NJPW would really tickle my fancy.

- Jay Lethal vs Watanabe was good.

- The Young Bucks vs The Addiction vs The Kingdom was fun-tastic, I enjoyed it!

- Naito vs Elgin was good.

- reDRagon vs Liger & Tanahashi was a basic tag match, but it was good and they made it fun.

- AJ Styles vs Adam Cole was awesome! This was a co-main event, but they worked it like it was the ME and put on a killer performance. I was a bit concerned for Cole's health, seeing as how he's just returned from injury and was put in a high profile match. But yeah, all my concern was gone about halfway through the match. Cole played the asshole heel that he's so great at and Styles was... Well, the excellent Styles! Everything just clicked so well here, I couldn't help but mark out for all those near falls (including Cole hitting the Clash on Styles). So... All in all, this was awesome, I loved it!

- Okada & Nakamura vs Dem Boys was a great ME! The Rainmaker and The King Of Strong Style were insanely over here, both teams worked well and it was highly enjoyable. The finish was damn nice, Boma Ye on Jay, followed by the RAINMAKER LARIATOOO on Mark! Cool stuff to end the show.