ROH Manassas Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edgehead09

Reaction score
Ok, so i will be attendin this show defintly...already ahve my ticket.

So, jsut a couple of questions?

What should i expect from a ROH show?
Is the show shaping up to be good?
Do they still throw streamers at the shows?
Who is going from around here?
What are some good chants to start?

TrayBlaylock

Reaction score
I live fairly close to Manassas, I may very well show up to that same show.

Nonetheless, sorry I can't help you out. I have heard nothing but good things about their manassas shows though.

edgehead09

Reaction score
yea..u should def. come man...we could meet up and have a good laugh at the expense of IWF lol

TrayBlaylock

Reaction score
yea..u should def. come man...we could meet up and have a good laugh at the expense of IWF lol

If I knew who to email and who to contact, I'd inquire about a tryout. That'd be ridiculously crazy if a poster here on the IWF forums got an ROH tryout.

TrayBlaylock

Reaction score
I've been a worker for three years now. I believe I could hang with a lot of the ROH boys too. Who knows, if someone can supply me an email, I'll email them. No myspaces, that looks unprofessional.

Montana

Tray, I know some buddies of mine help set up the ring, and got to spend almost the whole day with them. They had to set up and take down the ring, but still. I believe they just emailed ROH help (its on their site) and just asked if they needed any help with anything and explain your background.

What should i expect from a ROH show?

I'm not going to lie. Januarary shows generally suck. On top of that, Pearce is booking now. Theres 4 shows that month, and 6 shows in 5 weeks. So your not going to get a blockbuster show. On the flip side, even a bad ROH show, is still a blast. The crowd is awesome, your really close to the ring, to me, its a a lot more fun and interactive than a wwe show. From what I've seen lately expect 2 really good matches. One probably a tag match of sorts. Expect one good match ruined with a countout. I'd probably say the same thing for the detroit show coming up too. We got the raw end of the stick on this show i think.

Is the show shaping up to be good?

They haven't even announced a talent lineup yet. I would guess they would release that soon, then maybe one match in 2008, then they will book the rest after Final Battle 08. I'd say it will be a OK show. NOthing great, bc it seems like ROH is setting up more for PPV's.

Do they still throw streamers at the shows?

Yeah, but not as much. Some of the original fans think it got to be too much, and not for special occasions. But if you feel like it, go head. I did one time, it wasn't as cool as i thought it would be.

Who is going from around here?

???
What are some good chants to start?

I always like the "your going to get your fucking head kicked in" I've never been good with making up chants.

edgehead09

Reaction score
yea..i was goin rep you but it says i must spread rep.

I think the show is going to be good...i have never been to a ROH show so my rating of it when i get back will be about a star jadded but it should be good. I cannot wait. And when u see streamers for Chris Escobar..u kno who it was.

lol

therazar

Reaction score
When is this show? I went to the last Manassas show it was amazing MCMGS was there. Forgot who they faced but I remember it was unbelieveable. Oh wait it was Danielson and Aries best match I've ever seen.

edgehead09

Reaction score
jan. 16...IM me dude if u goin..we can meet up or somethin

Montana

They went to the westcoast in late 07 and they didnt sell well, so to answer your question, probably not anytime soon. I think Houston would be the closet wrestlemania weekend.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Don't they have PWG in California? Does anyone like that crap? Pretty stupid tbh... ahh I really don't care too much NWA Arizona > ROH

Montana

PWG is in cali, PWG is one of the better indies out there.

Nwa arizona, huh? Is that a joke?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Nope. It's called IZW.

People like Samoa Joe, John Cena, had matches there before making it big.