ROH Guide for New Viewers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Yeah, i wasn't too big on Live in Toyoko, and hes right it depends on what style you like but the general favorites of 07 seem to be:

Good times great memories
Supercard of Honor II
Fifth year festival finale
Manhattan Mayhem II
Driven
Man Up
Glory by honor night 2.
Rising above.

Those would probably be the top 8 shows imo.

Montana

DVD Purchasing Suggestions.....

The Cheapest, easiest way to get ROH DVDS from 2002-2007 is from the 10$ sale. You can pretty just about any classic ROH show for just 10 bucks. The DVD's are regularly 20$. This sale comes around about every 4-6 weeks.

If you want a good deal on newer shows from 2007-2008 ROH puts just about every show from the past 12 months on Ebay every week or two. The starting bid is generally 7-8 bucks, and normally 10-11$ is the average selling price. Shipping on DVD's is slightly cheaper than the ROH store as well.

Of course, the more you buy, the cheaper the shipping will be.

Also if you've never seen ROH and don't want to order any DVD's check out the best of DVD's at FYE and Best Buy. They are only 10-12 bucks. I seen some on sale for 7.50. You can also get these super cheap on Ebay. These shows feature 4 star matches left and right and you get 3 hours of great wrestling.

*** Also don't forget about the Black Friday Sale on ROHWRESTLING.com Last year was 35% off Everything. (ROH/TNA/WWE) Thanksgiving weekend. Last year i even bought a gift certificate at 35% off, and exchanged it with another sale. (although i dont think you can do that anymore wth gift cert.)

Just some suggestions.

Montana

Well, SP can probably answer this a little better, but ill toss out the factions in ROH's history and current.

Phophecy- The first faction. Headed by Christopher Daniels, also included BJ Whitmer, Dan Maff and allison Danger. Main fueds against ROH in general, and Low Ki. A anti-established faction. Were around from 2002-2004.

Second City Saints - Headed by CM Punk also included Colt Cabana and Ace Steele. They fueded with the Propecy, Ricky Steamboat, and the Briscoes. More of a alliance than a faction imo. (2003-2005)

Rottweilers - Headed by Homicide, and Low Ki later joined. Also included The Havana Pitbulls (Rocky Romero and Ricky Reyes) and managed by Julius Smokes Fueded with Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson. These were the street thug nwo like faction, but more aggressive. Homicide was pretty hardcore. (late 2003 - 2006)

Embassy - This group was lead by its manager Prince Nana. I don't know their story as well, but basically Nana was building a army against ROH. He sought out his "crown Jewel" in Jimmy Rave, who was probably the most hated man in ROH history. Several Members came in and out, but the main members were Rave, Alex Shelly, Xavier, Jade Chung, Petey WIlliaims, John Walters, Abyss, Sal Rinauro. They fueded with most everyone at the time. (2004-2006)

Generation Next-Argueably the greatest faction in ROH history. A face faction, that was the future of wrestling. Alex Shelly formed the group, but was later replaced by Austin Aries as the leader. The group included Shelly, Aries, Sydal, Evans and Roderick Strong. Aries/Strong held the tag belts for a real good run. Their main fued was against the Embassy, but also feuded with everyone. (2004-2006)

No Remorse Corp- This was the first of the next era of stables in ROH. It was a spawn of General Next, as Roderick Strong turned on Austin Aries and started his own faction. Roderick got Davey Richards and Rocky Romero. They mostly fueded with Aries and The Resilence. (2007-2008)

Resilence Austin Aries had to get some backups against the NRC so he got Erick Stevens and matt Cross. It was a short lived faction. (2007)

Hangman III Headed by Adam Pearce also included Brent ALbright, Shane Hagadorn and BJ Whitmer. Fueded with Delirous. Basically joined together because Pearce could control minds and they needed another faction. Short lived as well (2007)

Current Stables

Age of the Fall The Social Revolution faction headed by Jimmie Jacobs, also included, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher, Delirous, Joey Matthews, Zach Gowen, Lacy, Allison Wonderland. Fueds with the briscoes and Steenerico. Two time tag champs. (2007-present)

Sweet N Sour These is the entertainment faction of ROH headed by Chris Hero and the Super agent Larry Sweeney. Very cocky hollywood like characters. Bought out the Hangmen III and others free agent wrestlers. Bobby Dempsey is their whipping boy. Members include Tank Toland, Sara Del Ray, Davey Richards, Adam Pearce, Eddie Edwards, Go Shoizaki. Main feuds with Cluadio Castagnoli, and Roderick Strong. (2007-present)

Vulture Squad - Well sorta, they started out as a faction, and then turned more into a tag team. Headed by Jack Evans who is gone from ROH at the moment. Also included Ruckus, and Jigsaw. Not a real strong faction, and won't be around too much longer if Evans doesn't return. (2007-present)

I think thats about all of them.

Montana

It's 2009....ROH has a TV deal finally and if you haven't checked ROH out, your are already late, But here is a sample of Montana's picks for Matches to see from 2008.

Bryan Danielson vs Tyler Black vs Kenny Omega - Bound By Hate
(172.12MB .avi)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6I2DTMR

Nigel McGuinness vs Bryan Danielson - ROH World Championship - Rising Above 2008
(291.24MB .avi)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WRG31082

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs AOTF - ROH World Tag Team Championships - Driven 2008
(221.57MB .avi)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5P6GWOOK

Bryan Danielson vs Claudio Castognoli - Northern Navigation
(246.03MB .avi)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Q3V6EET

Kota Ibushi & Austin Aries vs Briscoes - Tag Wars 2008
(199.56MB .avi)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NHYL57D

Montana

ROH on HDNet airs Every Saturday at 8pm

If you don't have HDnet the show is availible on Youtube on Weds. To watch Subscribe to ROHBrazil.

depomaniac

Reaction score
Awesome post, want to say thanks! And you are right, Brisco Brothers is the best double teaming high flying, beating hell out of it Tag Team in the world!!!!

depomaniac

Reaction score
Awesome post, want to say thanks! And you are right, Brisco Brothers is the best double teaming high flying, beating hell out of it Tag Team in the world!!!!

I think wrestling is a sport and ROH is wrestling. The WWE is Sports"Entertainment". Its also great but you all know that the fighting-moves of a wrestler in wwe doesnt change a lot. Example HHH. Im a great fan of him, over many year. i sah him as Hunter with W. Riegel on TagTeam. I say the people want it and the get it. Heres the Role: High Knee Lift, Spine Buster, Pedigree...

I have see on ROH also a Pedigree, but before the opponent crushes the mat, they turned a 180 before. Awesome...