ROH Final Battle 2011 iPPV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
final-battle-2001.png

World Title Match
Davey Richards with Team Richards defends vs. "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards with UFC Hall of Famer Dan "The Beast" Severn

World Tag Team Title Match
Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas defends vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

World TV Title Match
Jay Lethal defends vs. El Generico vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Grudge Match
Steve Corino vs. Kevin Steen
*If Steen wins he is reinstated.
**Jimmy Jacobs is the guest referee
***Jim Cornette will be in attendance at ringside

Roderick Strong Invitational Challenge
Roderick Strong with Truth Martini vs. ????

Tag Team Gauntlet Match
The All Night Express vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados vs. The Young Bucks vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
*The winning team will receive a future shot at the World Tag Team Titles

Special Challenge Match
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with Truth Martini vs. TJ Perkins

Also scheduled to appear:
- Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy

As per usual this is a very good card for the iPPV.

Richards vs. Edwards III for the title and WGTT vs. Briscoes are both going to be incredible matches.

I like the triple threat for the TV title and the tag team gauntlet match to determine the next contenders for the title.

Very interested in seeing Steen vs. Corino as well. Surely Steen will win to get back into ROH.

What do you think of the card? Will you be ordering the iPPV?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I might have to miss this at least the first time around as this week I go away for christmas this week and won't have my computer with me. Does anyone know when the reply is as I will try and catch that?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
This sounds amazing but I also won't be home and won't be able to watch live. I think you can purchase anytime after it airs Keith but I could be wrong.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i have no idea who is gonna take roddy's Challenge

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
so what happens when eddie loses, heel turn?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
i have no idea who is gonna take roddy's Challenge

Hopefully Hero. He still hasn't reported to FCW and if he still is going there, hopefully he doesn't have to report till early January.

so what happens when eddie loses, heel turn?

I would assume so

The replay is normally put up the next day after the iPPV and stays on there for a few weeks I think.

I'm mostly looking forward to Steen/Corino to see how Steen gets back into ROH. Corino won't turn again, it'll be too obvious for it to be Jimmy Jacobs. Cornette could be a possibility and have him go back as a heel, but he hates Steen's guts so we're led to believe. So having Cornette for whatever reason helping the 1 guy he doesn't want back in ROH doesn't make sense.

In the latest Video wire Steen was wearing a Cabana shirt, and Cabana hasn't been booked by ROH for months. Mainly because they couldn't come to terms on a new deal. Cabana and Steen as a team would be an interesting combination. And Colt going heel would be certainly interesting because he's always been a comedic wrestler.

Also The Briscoes will hopefully end the reign of WGTT.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This is tonight? Awesome, I can't wait to download it in a few hours.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
There's no guarantee that it'll be available to download hours after the event. I think the last iPPV it didn't get released online for a few weeks, but I hope that this won't be the case this time around.

Deuce

Reaction score
I will try to watch this PPV, it looks like it will be a good one. ROH PPV's are usually good but it depends on who is in the matches. Kevin Steen will win here, guaranteed. He will stomp Corino and make him his bitch.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If Colt turns heel and joins Steen #MIND BLOWING

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Somebody's either returning to help Steen win, or somebody new is coming in to help Steen win. If it's Cabana that's turning heel, i'll be taking full credit for calling it.

Hero's apparently backstage at FB from what I read on WF too. So it looks like we could see Hero vs Roddy like I predicted

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
maybe eddie could help steen, seeing how steen has a little feud with Davey. and its pretty obvious Davey is gonna beat Eddie so eddie snaps distroys daveey after the match.

ahhhhhh wait this would only work if the steen/corino match was the main event, idk what if eddie helps steen, then cuts a heel promo then comes out as a heel in the main event.

hero/roddy is gonna be great.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
AND WE ARE LIIIIIVE!!!

Already a technical snafu as we now have video but no audio. Kevin Kelly, McGuinness and Cornette are in the ring saying something. Ah, there's the sound. Cornette says that this event will be watched live by more people than other show in ROH history.

Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini vs. TJ Perkins

Martini's outfits just getting crazier and crazier. I love it. "Perkins" chant early. A bit surprising considering he seems to have internet beef with a number of people.

Elgin overpowers the smaller Perkins to start. Perkins begins to use his speed to gain the advantage. Ducking and diving, he ends up clotheslining Elgin over the top rope. He goes for a splash but Elgin sees it coming and moves out of the way. Perkins swings through the ropes, ends up on the apron and tries to splash his opponent. Elgin catches him mid-air and drives him stomach first into the guard rail. Gets a two count. Awesome.

Elgin counters a headscissors into a reverse powerbomb and begins to wear him down. Perkins tries to gain some momentum but Martini grabs his boot. It's not enough as Perkins is able to score a headscissors and then a splash to the outside. Back inside the ring, he gets a two count.

Sunset flip from Perkins but he can't pull Elgin over and down. Elgin leaps up to squash his opponent the Perkins is too nimble and moves out of the way. A standing Phoenix splash gets him two. Perkins to the top rope but Elgin follows him up. Perkins is able to shove him off and leaps and Elgin CATCHES HIM INTO A SUPLEX! WOW! Elgin slams him down for two.

"Unbreakable" hits an Argentine back breaker for two but Perkins is able to slow Elgin down with a neckbreaker. Double knees from Perkins is countered into a turnbuckle powerbomb and then goes for his spinning powerbomb. Perkins is able to flip around on Elgin's shoulders and nails a SICK reverse hurricanrana for two.

They're back and forth but Elgin gets the upper hand and nails another bucklebomb and follows it up with his spinning powerbomb. Stick a fork in Perkins, he's done.

Winner: Elgins via pinfall

Weird glitch in the audio after the match. It's the commentary from the end of the match but slowed down so it sounds like the devil is calling Elgin's powerbomb on Perkins. I didn't know the dark prince was a HOSS~! fan.

Tommaso Ciampa w/ The Embassy vs. Jimmy Rave

Love me some Barrister R.D. Evans. He compares Rave to an unwanted ex-girlfriend crashing a family Christmas dinner. Says it's going to be a "very silent night forJimmy Rave."

The two jaw before the bell rings. They lock up, Rave with a wristlock, Ciampa breaks it and gets a headlock. They go back and forth with that for a while.

Chop from Rave, Ciampa piefaces him and Rave spits in his face. Headlock from Rave, sent against the rope and he eats a huge lariat. Rave rolls to the outside but Ciampa is in hot pursuit. They trade chops until Rave rolls his opponent back in. Rave jaws with Nana and Ciampa is able to hit a jawbreaker once Rave steps back inside the ring. Rave gets dropped in the corner and eats two huge running knees from The Embassy member.

Ciampa is firm control now. Crowd is dead, though.

Rave is able to regain control momentarily but a boot in the corner nearly takes him out. Rave is able to secure a heel hook but his opponent grabs the bottom rope. Ciampa out to the apron and he's knocked off to the floor. Rave to the other side of the ring and attempts a baseball slide. So what does Ciampa do? Catches him and swings him like a baseball bat into the guard rail!

Ciampa rolls him back in but Rave is able to recover. He hits the Rave Clash for two. Moments later, Nana is on the apron with Rave's old Embassy robe. Rave knocks him off and then sends Evans crashing into the guard rail as well. Ernesto Osiris grabs Rave so Princess Mia can attack but he ends up eating a Yakuza kick from the lady. She's sent to the outside by Rave but due to all the distractions, Ciampa is able to take the advantage and "The Dominant Male" hits his opponent with Project Ciampa II which is a powerbomb into a double knee backbreaker. Three count.

Winner: Ciampa via pinfall

Crowd chants "Thank you, Jimmy" post-match. What a bunch of swell guys.

ROH World Television Title match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Mike Bennett vs. El Generico

Real-life girlfriend Maria Kanellis is out with "The Prodigy." Lucky bastard.Haha, audience starts chanting, "CM Punk." Well played.

It's an elimination-style three-way dance. Bennett leaves the ring so Lethal and Generico look to get started. Bennett sneaks back in and hits the champ before ducking back out. Bennett does it again only except the luchador is the victim.

The fan favorites have had enough of it and begin to double team "The Prodigy." Double clothesline to the outside and Bennet is staggered on the floor. Generico and Lethal then argue over who gets to splash him before deciding to both do it! OLE!

Generico and Lethal back inside. Head scissors from the champ gets a one count. Lethal in control and heads out to the apron and teases a springboard move but Bennett pops up and pulls him down, slamming Lethal's face on the mat. Bennett then takes over inside the ring.

Bodyslam from Bennett gets a two count but Generico begins to fight back. Bennett bounces off the ropes and charges towards the luchador who pulls the top rope down, spilling "The Prodigy" to the outside. Generico begins to set up a splash but is met by a top rope dropkick from the recovered Lethal.

Modified surfboard from Lethal but Generico refuses to tap. Two count for Lethal who nails his opponent with a few European uppercuts. Lethal off the ropes and is met with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Just as he looks to take control, Bennett is back in. Generico spills to the outside and Bennett takes the fight to the champ.

Lethal regains the upper hand and is able to knock Bennett off the apron and to the outside. From behind, Generico flies more than halfway across the ring and hits Lethal with a double axe-handle to the back. Forearms from the "Generic Luchador" daze Lethal and Bennett tries to sneak back in but eats a deep armdrag as well.

Spanish 10 count in the corner but it only gets to nueve when Bennett hits an atomic drop! Lethal puts the boots to Bennett for a two count before "The Prodigy" is able to reap the rewards, though. Generico hits an Exploder suplex on Lethal into the corner and goes for a Yakuza kick but Bennett grabs his boots.

Generico to the outside where Brutal Bob gets between him and Bennett. Generico shoves him aside and Bennett puts Maria in between them before shoving her into the luchador. Bennett is then able to deliver a huge punch to Generico before laying him and Lethal out inside the ring.

He takes too much time showing off and eats a Yakuza kick from Generico. Lethal then hits a superkick on Generico! They're all down!

Lethal back to his feet and gets a two count on Generico. Bennett hits Lethal with a spinebuster for two. Bennett blocks another Yakuza kick attempt. He ends up rolling to the outside. Lethal back in the mix and he starts to climb the rope. Generico knocks him off with a Yakuza kick! Splash onto Lethal!

HOLY $##%! GENERICO SUICIDE DIVE FROM THE OUTSIDE THROUGH THE ROPES TO THE OUTSIDE ONTO BENNETT!

Back inside! Yakuza kick! Full nelson suplex! TWO COUNT!

Lethal back in and gets the upper hand. Savage Elbow Drop onto Generico for a two count. Lethal climbs the rope to go for another but Generico jumps up and goes for the top rope brainbuster! Bennett from behind with an axe-handle and rolls up the luchador with a handful of tights for three! Generico eliminated!

Lethal Injection! Backspring cutter! Bennett eliminated! Lethal retains!

Winner: Lethal via pinfall

Grudge match: Steve Corino vs. Kevin Steen

Jimmy Jacobs is the special guest referee. Corino out first. I'm freakin' pumped for this.

Punching back and forth to start. Dropkick from Corino sends Steen to the outside. He follows "Mr. Wrestling" but is slammed against the rail and then agains the ringpost. Steen props him up on the apron and hits him an a cannonball from the apron. Steen struts around and gets hit with a splash from Corino.

Steen is whipped against the rail a couple of times. Corino with a rake to the eyes, sends Steen back to the inside and throws some chairs inside. Running splash with a chair into the turnbuckle but Steen is able to block a second with a superkick.

Steen takes him to the outside and hits a powerbomb onto the apron and then squashes him with a frogsplash off the apron. Steen takes apart the guard rail and nails Corino with it. Steen sets up a chair in the corner of the guard rail and powerbombs Corino on it. Brutal.

"Mr. Wrestling" pulls a table out from under the ring and sets it up from apron to guard rail. Corino is able to get the upper hand after a stiff lariat. "Mr. Old School" heads to the outside and starts throwing chairs inside the ring and onto Steen. Corino back inside with the lid of a trash can but Steen ducks it and nails Corino with it. Flipping leg drop and Corino is busted open.

Steen jaws with Jim Cornette who is ringside before turning his attention back to his opponent. He bites Corino's face but the ECW veteran lands a low blow and takes advantage. Top rope splash gets a two count for Corino. He grabs the guard rail and brings it inside, setting it up across four chairs.

Steen hits a forearm and heads to the top but Corino attacks and joins him. No way... OH MY GOD! SUPERPLEX ONTO THE GUARD RAIL!!!

Somehow Steen kicks out! He's staggered but is able to nail Corino across the back with a chair. Steen sets up two chairs on top of the table he had set up previously and goes back to the attack. Steen gets Corino inside the ring and climbs to the top. Corino nails him with the garbage can lin and Steen crashes through the table!

Corino takes way too long to pin and only gets a two count. "Mr. Old School" hit a chair shot, two count. Steen mounts a comeback and hits a suplex on Corino. Then another onto the chair! OH MAN, THAT HAD TO HURT! Two counts!

Steen grabs a chair and Corino on his knees, holds his arms out. Corino spits on Steen and gets killed with a chair shot. Two count! Steen goes for another but Jacobs grabs the chair. Steen goads Jacobs into swinging but Corino is able to nail Steen on the jaw with something before Jacobs is able to. Two count!

Corino sets up four chair, facing each other and gets on top with Steen. Corino tries to lift him up but NO! PACKAGE PILEDRIVER THROUGH THE CHAIRS!

Pin and Jacobs counts slowly to two and then looks to Cornette. Cornette is screaming not to count but Jacobs has no other choice. Three.

Winner: Steen via pinfall

"Merry Christmas, the devil is back!" Steen said he came back to do three things. Number one was beat Corino and get his job back. "Number two was..." and Steen grabs Jacobs and nails a package piledriver.

Steen looks at Cornette and holds up three fingers! He grabs Cornette and EL GENERICO HITS THE RING!!!!! THEY START BRAWLING! YAKUZA KICK! GENERICO SETS UP A TOP ROPE BRAINBUSTER! STEEN BLOCKS IT! PACKAGE PILEDRIVER OFF THE APRON THROUGH A TABLE!

I AM MARKING OUT!!!

"Welcome back" chant from the New York crowd. That was awesome.

Intermission time. Woo, baby.