ROH Fans are the most entertaining fans in teh world.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weez

Reaction score
True Story.

I'm watching the current episode of Ring of Honor at ROHWrestling.com.

Matt Hardy comes out.. They start chanting "FEED ME MORE! FEED ME MORE!"

This is only one small example of the lulz the ROH faithful bring. Do you have any similar funny stories of hilarious chants breaking out in the crowds?

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
While the ROH fanbase isn't quite as strong as it used to be in terms of atmosphere and entertainment, they can still make a show comes across that much better, particularly the NYC crowd.

One of the best crowd involvement moments I've ever seen from ROH was from Danielson and Generico at Proving Ground 2009. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it already by now, but for those that haven't it started with both men shaking hands in the centre of the ring, and Generico then giving him a hug. The crowd then started a 'Hug him back!' chant towards Danielson and when he refused, Generico got upset and walked to the corner of the ring. The crowd then chanted 'Say your sorry!', and when Danielson went over to do so, the crowd demanded that he say it in Spanish. After he said 'Lo siento' the place erupted, with Generico giving Danielson another hug and the crowd chanting 'That was awesome!'.

I think the video has been taken down but I recommend you all watch it. My description doesn't give that magical moment justice.

Weez

Reaction score
This reminds me of a match between Steen and Generico and the Young Bucks, where the Crowd started calling the spots. Started with them chanting for a hiptoss I think lol

I vividly remember Steen yelling "WHAT DO I DO NOW?" or something to that effect lol.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
They always give Matt Hardy shit. I remember in 04 or 05 they chanted "pussy whipped" at him after that Lita shit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Awful thread, indy fans are terrible and overweight, and only buy tickets to chant "suooper dragggonnnn" and get themselves over.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Awful thread, indy fans are terrible and overweight, and only buy tickets to chant "suooper dragggonnnn" and get themselves over.

Hey now, let's not be harsh here.

They are also super smart in thinking that gimmick matches are harder to work, and everything is a botch.

Not to mention super respectful, especially when a guy mistimes a move and hurts himself enough that everyone else notices, and they scream respectful terms like "you fucked up!".

And they know workrate, because they can just look at somebody and start chanting "you can't wrestle". I mean they have to know the ins and outs of the business to tell that this guy, who went to a wrestling school, can't wreslte, because they know how to take bumps and run the ropes from the otherside of the guard rail.

They should be allowed to book shows too! Because they always know whats wrong with everything and know everything is so predictable. And they always offer up useful suggestions, like it should be like old angles.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I don't even care about this thread, really, but you 2 are really cute together....

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
CHIKARA has the best fan chants. On the ladder match on their first iPPV last year, they kept chanting "Please be careful" when the face would climb the ladder, it was hilarious. And they say "Holy poop" instead of "Holy shit"

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I like hearing: "End this match!"
"Change the channel!!"

Probably adopted from the WWE-ECW One Night Stand PPV's of 2005 and 2006.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Two examples I can think of.

One wasn't a chant, but I was at a ROH show in August 2007, and Bryan Danielson was facing Morashima, it was at a point of the match where Danielson was starting to work on his leg, and a guy behind me was doing a whole bit from the Karate Kid "Sweep the leg Daniel-son!"

Also at a British Indie show in 2002 I think it was Flash Barker or maybe the Zebra Kid wrestling, and he had a pair of spandex tights and a mullet, and the crowd charted "Brutus Beefcake".

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Two examples I can think of.

One wasn't a chant, but I was at a ROH show in August 2007, and Bryan Danielson was facing Morashima, it was at a point of the match where Danielson was starting to work on his leg, and a guy behind me was doing a whole bit from the Karate Kid "Sweep the leg Daniel-son!"

Also at a British Indie show in 2002 I think it was Flash Barker or maybe the Zebra Kid wrestling, and he had a pair of spandex tights and a mullet, and the crowd charted "Brutus Beefcake".

Those are pretty fuckin' funny, lmao. :rofl:

Alex Steel

Reaction score
I only wish we could come up with some new chants. I find "This is wrestling" to be pretty dumb, and "This is awesome" feels played out. Would love if we could get some soccer-like songs for wrestlers.