• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ROH Countdown - The Finals: Danielson #1 vs. Joe #2 & Lethal #5 vs. Steen #3

Pick Your Gold & Bronze Winners.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
H1ttE6r.jpg

Everyone has two votes, make sure you vote only once per match.

GOLD FINAL

danielson-5count.jpg

Bryan Danielson #1

VS.

joe-roh-champion-600x338.jpg

Samoa Joe #2

BRONZE FINAL

5count-lethal.jpg

Jay Lethal #5

VS.

daotbpt-5f740fa4-f4ab-4acb-8dc1-e9ee51cb592e.png

Kevin Steen #3

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Went with Joe as he was my number 1 and I'd already expected these finals so didn't have to think too hard lol

Steen vs Lethal was pretty fucking hard tho, ended up going Steen

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Danielson vs. Joe - in ROH land has to go to Danielson. Lethal vs. Steen - in ROH land - I have to go Lethal.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Once the votes are done id like someone to show me actual good jay lethal moments (not asking sarcastically). I legit do not understand this amount of love for him over certain guys so im legit curious. Like I know he had a long great career in roh, but some of these other guys have had feuds that even casuals have heard of they were so good so id like to know!

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Once the votes are done id like someone to show me actual good jay lethal moments (not asking sarcastically). I legit do not understand this amount of love for him over certain guys so im legit curious. Like I know he had a long great career in roh, but some of these other guys have had feuds that even casuals have heard of they were so good so id like to know!

In some ways it is hard to condense all of Jay's moment into a few sentences. There are certain matches, like his World Title match against Ospreay (2018) or AJ vs. Lethal (2015) as just two of some of the best work he has done. I think for someone who has watched ROH for years - he has done so much and achieved so much - that as greatest as Joe or Bryan are. I always see Joe as a TNA man and Bryan is a WWE guy at this point. They both had some great moments in ROH, but to be ahead of Jay as a favourite - in Ring of Honor. Thats a hard feat.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
In some ways it is hard to condense all of Jay's moment into a few sentences. There are certain matches, like his World Title match against Ospreay (2018) or AJ vs. Lethal (2015) as just two of some of the best work he has done. I think for someone who has watched ROH for years - he has done so much and achieved so much - that as greatest as Joe or Bryan are. I always see Joe as a TNA man and Bryan is a WWE guy at this point. They both had some great moments in ROH, but to be ahead of Jay as a favourite - in Ring of Honor. Thats a hard feat.
fair! I guess in a way even Steen is part roh and part PWG imo. Lethal was on TNA too though ya? Im guessing it wasnt as good as his ROH runs?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
His second run in ROH - sort of seals the deal. His TNA run wasn't that great, but on that basis on a future TNA countdown he wouldn't even get in my nominations. I think as well, Bryan, Joe, Steen weren't even close to their completed fully formed versions. Lethal - has peaked in his last few years in ROH.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
ROH Joe is peak Joe for me tbh, maybe like 07 TNA Joe if anything. Kobashi match alone carries him for me but that's probably not fair since Kobashi is a literally GOAT :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
ROH Joe is peak Joe for me tbh, maybe like 07 TNA Joe if anything. Kobashi match alone carries him for me but that's probably not fair since Kobashi is a literally GOAT :lol
like you said though. its favorite. if thats enough to make him your favorite thats legit enough for me

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Can I say, I love how the results are the same amount of votes for each match, with Baine the only one voting for both people losing :heston Then you got Chris and Juice as the 2nd votes one of the two.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
chris is selling me on joe though ngl :heston

I feel like most lists would have both Bryan and Joe at 1 or 2 and I'd even say more would probably have Bryan at 1. It was close af for me. I'd rank Bryan overall higher as a career too but for the few years they were in ROH I think Joe just pops me more. I'd say there isn't a close 3rd tho no disrespect to to other dude