ROH: Border Wars!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Kevin Steen vs Davey Richards (C)

steen-richardsborderwars.jpg

SHOWDOWN IN THE SUN REMATCH
Mike Bennett vs Lance Storm

storm-bennett-borderwars.jpg

SPECIAL ATTRACTION
ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs "Belfast Bruiser" Fit Finlay

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

CHALLENGE MATCH
"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. "The Man Beast" Rhino w/ Truth Martini
Signed to appear:
- Jay Lethal
- “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus)
- Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
- Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy

More Wrestlers and Matches to be announced!

IPPV
Saturday, May 12, 2012 07:30pm EDT
Ted Reeve Arena 175 Main StreetToronto, Ontario, Canada M4E 2W2

This weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” three major matches for “Border Wars” in Toronto on May 12th were set! Let’s not waste any time and get straight to the nitty gritty…

- “The Belfast Bruiser” Fit Finlay vs. ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

It was announced recently that Fit Finlay would make his ROH debut in Toronto, and now we that all the paperwork is finalized, we can announce that one of the hardest fighting men in professional wrestling is set to take on one of ROH’s hardest hitters. It’s Finlay versus the current ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong in what is sure to be a battle of who can hit harder. Strong is riding high after capturing the TV Title at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2” & becoming only ROH’s 2nd Triple Crown Champion so his confidence is at an all time high heading into this one. Between that, and with the HoT at his back, Strong may be the odds on favorite to win this one, but it’s safe to say Finlay will fight them all if need be to get that win in his ROH debut! And there may be some added incentive for Finlay as the TV Title could be on the line should Strong retain in his upcoming defense against Adam Cole on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV!

- “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards vs. Rhino with Truth Martini

The House of Truth is on a mission to rid ROH of any potential contenders to the World Title, clearing the path for one of their own to capture the title, and with Michael Elgin still owed a shot from his “Survival of the Fittest 2011” victory, it seems logical he will be the next HoT member to get that chance. Enter: Rhino. Martini recently purchased the services of this hired gun from The Embassy and will now set him loose on the man who took the World Title from the HoT in the first place, Eddie Edwards. This isn’t about winning championships for Rhino, nor about getting him into contention; it’s about eliminating the competition and it’s starting with “Die Hard” in Toronto!

- ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin in a Fight Without Honor!

These two teams have been at each other’s throats for months now and it just keeps escalating with every passing encounter! Just look at the events of “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2” for an example, and despite their scheduled Title match in Dayton, ROH officials have decided this must come to an end in Toronto and what better way for that to happen than with one of ROH’s definitive matches: a Fight Without Honor! This stipulation has seen brutal war after brutal war, like at “Final Battle 2010” between Steen & Generico (the last “FWH”), but not in a tag team situation since “Final Battle 2004”. With no rules to worry about, these four men are liable to tear each other apart at the Ted Reeve Arena and the belts will be on the line, who knows what will be left in their wake…

- Plus Lance Storm has issued a challenge to “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett for a rematch!!!

Mike Bennett won the match at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 1”, plain and simple, yet when Lance Storm showed “The Prodigy” respect by offering a handshake, Bennett choose to lay him out anyway. Now, as seen in the interview that followed their match on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, Storm wants another round. Will Bennett accept the challenge? Or does “The Prodigy” feel like he’s already proved himself?

“Border Wars” on May 12th is shaping up to be one of the biggest Ring of Honor events of all time! Between Richards vs. Steen for the ROH World Title and all the matches announced above, this is liable to be the biggest wrestling event in Canada this year! There are still more matches to be announced very soon and tickets are going FAST so get them now right here!

Haven't watched much of their weekly show at all, I thought Rhino left? Awesome to see him on here and especially against Eddie! Would be sweet to see Steen walk away with the title but I can't see it for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't mind, especially since the Package Pilvedriver is allowed during the match! Hopefully he kills Davey with it!

Castiel

Reaction score
storm-bennett-borderwars.jpg

As seen at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 1†and on the April 14th edition of “Ring of Honor Wrestling†TV, “The Prodigy†Mike Bennett scored a huge win over Lance Storm but spit in the face of the Canadian Icon’s show of respect, laying out Lance after he extended his hand.

Following the match, Storm challenged Bennett to a rematch at any time and in any location, refusing to go out in that fashion with “some cheap son of a b**** and his two-bit girlfriend standing over meâ€. Well that rematch is coming quick as ROH officials have officially signed it for “Border Wars†on May 12th in Toronto!!!

“Once wasn’t enough for you old man?†said Bennett to ROHWrestling.com, “It wasn’t enough for you to be beaten, broken, and embarrassed in Florida? Now you want me to do the exact same thing to you in your home country? Well how can I say no to an opportunity like that Lance? How can I turn down an open invitation to put you back on the shelf, back where you belong, right in front of your fellow Canucks? Time has passed you by, I’m living proof of that, but I guess senility is setting in because it looks like you forgot already. I suppose I will just have to give you another reminder in Toronto…â€

ROHWrestling.com has also learned that Maria will not be at her man's side in Canada but Bennett himself said that it didn't matter because she's always with him in spirit and that as soon as he's done with Storm he will be back on a plane to her side. It’s Storm/Bennett II and it goes down on May 12th in Toronto at The Ted Reeve Arena as part of ROH’s “Border Wars†event! Get your tickets right here in the ROH Store!!!

Mixed on this... does Bennett really need to go over twice? Would be cool to see Storm get the win being in the Canadian hero and all, but then that feels like a step backwards... unless they have a third match which seems like the most likely option, but does this really need to be a trilogy?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
IMO, they should have skipped the Showdown In The Sun match and put Bennett over once here and been done with it.

Castiel

Reaction score
I definitely agree that Bennett should've went over in their first match and I don't really see the need for more matches but in the end I'm certain Storm will be putting Bennett over for the long haul at least.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
A haiku...

My cell phone just rang,
Old friend asking a question,
Yes. I will be there.

Castiel

Reaction score
You son of a bitch.

Castiel

Reaction score
[video=youtube;k65okHvFvtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65okHvFvtI[/video]

Amazing promo by Steen! Considering ordering this mainly for this match. I want to see it live when Steen finally gets the ROH World Championship!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Amazing promo by Steen! Considering ordering this mainly for this match. I want to see it live when Steen finally gets the ROH World Championship!

Bad news is this is ROH, meaning Steen probably won't win it for another year.

The Viper

Reaction score
Bad news is this is ROH, meaning Steen probably won't win it for another year.

I'm sure the Canadian fans in attendance would be so happy to see Davey fucking stupid ass Richards retain the title.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
LOL, I'm sure they will! Hopefully the crowd are on form for this one (we're counting on you Fuji.....).

the way I see it, Davey retains due to shenanigans. Davey gets pissy because it wasn't clean, Steen gets pissy because he was screwed (it's Canada, of course the Canadian is getting screwed) and Cornette sends Steen back to the bottom of the pile.

Castiel

Reaction score
There's no way Steen can be sent to the bottom, unless you mean just the back of the line of number one contenders? I can see Cornette trying to hold Steen down again but we've had enough of that.

Castiel

Reaction score
I decided not to order because I'm cheap, good thing sense ROH once again had problems with their stream. I did however stream the main event and it was fantastic! The only result that matters: Steen is your new ROH World Champion! Corino embraced him in the ring afterwards! Best thing ever.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Steen as World Champ made me fucking ecstatic, I was gonna be pissed if Davey retained.