ROH Blocks Several Wrestlers From Taking WWE Deals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
According to F4WOnline.com, Ring of Honor tag team members Jay and Mark Briscoe, known as The Briscoe Brothers, were offered WWE deals awhile back, only to have Ring of Honor block the duo from accepting the deals as they were under contract to ROH.

Additionally, it's being said that ROH star Adam Cole was offered a deal by WWE, which was also blocked by ROH.

For what it's worth, when Ring of Honor was purchased by Sinclair Broadcasting Group back in May of 2011, COO Joe Koff had the following to say about talent moving from ROH to WWE:

I'd like to believe our guys are content to wrestle with the ROH brand, strategy, and work, but I wouldn't want to stop them if WWE came calling. That is the pinnacle. This is no different than working AAA ball and the Big Show (Major League Baseball) calls them.

Had no idea the WWE were even interested in the Briscos. Wonder if it'll fuck with a future deal now.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Interesting story if it's true. ROH doesn't have to let either go, since they're under contract so I don't blame them for saying No.

Still, you can't help but wonder if The Briscoes signed tomorrow with WWE would it be a new start for WWE's Tag Division? Or would they just get lost in the shuffle and end up being released around a year or so down the line & returning to ROH?

SAL

Reaction score
WWE could conceivably pay them enough that they wouldn't have to worry about breaching their ROH contracts. But they signed contracts and I can't blame ROH for doing everything in its power to protect its brand.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
ROH needs to be on a national tv channel. Maybe Versus channel if ROH doesn't want their guys moving out. Everybody wants to be on tv.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The guy said it in his quote ROH is the AAA's and nobody stays in the AAA when they can go to the show.

Interesting how he says they wouldn't stop them and this article is basically the opposite of that.

AF.

Reaction score
Still, you can't help but wonder if The Briscoes signed tomorrow with WWE would it be a new start for WWE's Tag Division? Or would they just get lost in the shuffle and end up being released around a year or so down the line & returning to ROH?

Knowing the WWE, the latter.

SAL

Reaction score
They'd be the male Bellas. They'd be the Fellas.

AF.

Reaction score
WWE would throw them in a stable with Hunico and Primo and make Hunico the leader that's how stupid the company is.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;qMvvuf8lmkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMvvuf8lmkI[/video]

WWE would never know what to do with this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If WWE were interested in the Briscoes then to me that means that they were actually thinking of rejuvinating the tag team division.

Poor of ROH to block them from signing with WWE if true, it goes completely against what the new owner said before and it is terrible trying to stop these guys from making it to the top. At least DGUSA allow their talents to leave if WWE are interested.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It's a business, there's nothing wrong with what ROH officials are doing. The talent signed a contract, they have to honor it.

I would love to see the Briscoes in the WWE. It would add a new team to its division, but there would still be what four teams? Not really reinventing it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I understand that ROH are protecting their business but it goes against what the owner said previously about releasing wrestlers if WWE want them. Plus ROH do have a stacked tag team division anyway so whilst it would be a lose I am sure that they can cover the loss of the Briscoes. ROH have lost a lot of big stars in the past and they always survive and create new stars to replace them. Whilst losing Briscoes would be a loss I don't think that it wouldn't really hurt sales.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I feel it's a good move, WWE cant just think they can go sign whoever they want and ROH show they are serious and want to keep their talent

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
It's weird... The Briscoes have always been incredibly vocal about them and WWE.

They was offered Development contracts but apparently they wanted to split them up but they wanted to stay together, also apparently Johnny Ace pulled the contract them from because they didn't have the look...

So I dunno whether this article is true or not, there's a promo where the Briscoe's said it the other day... Imo, I wouldn't like the Brisoces in WWE.