ROH and NJPW to Present 2 Super Shows This May

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

ROH AND NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING TO PRESENT 2 SUPER SHOWS THIS MAY

BREAKING – Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff has announced a pact with Mr. Naoki Sugabayashi, Chairman of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, during the first-ever ROH #HonorCon fan expo in Philadelphia.

Standing beside Mr. Sugabayashi, Mr. Koff detailed how the two organizations will present super shows this spring featuring the most popular and celebrated wrestlers from ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling, respectively.

Experience these super shows live when ROH and New Japan Pro Wrestling collide this May:

GLOBAL WARS: May 10th in Toronto at the Ted Reeve Arena, click here to buy tickets

WAR OF THE WORLDS: May 17th in Manhattan at the Hammerstein Ballroom, click hereto buy tickets.

The much talked about ROH/New Japan trailer promoting the events will be released tonight at www.ROHWrestling.com and on our youtube channel.

ROHwrestling.com will have more information about these events as the story develops.

Really great news. First time I'm looking forward to an ROH show this much in a LONG time.

A lot of possible great matches with the likes of Okada and Tanahashi coming over, and two good cities in New York and Toronto to host them in as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Haven't watched ROH in a couple years and never really watched NJPW so take my opinion for what it's worth. This seems like a good move for ROH for their fans because from what I've heard NJPW has been fucking awesome the last few years. As for NJPW, it may give them a little more Western exposure but I'd be willing to bet that most people that follow ROH have already heard of and maybe even follow NJPW as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds exciting, and could work well for both promotions.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Most people have basically shit on this, because ROH doesn't have the roster it used to. But I think this could be awesome going forward.

Hopefully Prince Devitt gets added to the show too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
ROH could've rented a bigger arena in Toronto, pretty wrestling crazy and no doubt would sell out to see Okada and Tanahashi live.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I may go to the one in Toronto, I've never seen a NJPW show before but I've heard good things about their talent, ROH is pretty decent imo. And hey for 20 bucks I can't go wrong, right?

Reactions: CliqueClacks

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Already some fun matches formin' in my head, I'll check these shows out for sure. I enjoyed ROH's shows with NOAH in the past.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Probably in the minority here but I don't see this as a big deal. I don't think NJPW is that great, and I'm not a fan of Japenese wrestling. RoH has even lost some of its luster for me, save a few stars it has. I just feel like this pairing really doesn't hold any significance.

Reactions: The Cork

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Devitt vs. Lethal or Cole would be fantastic.

I hope Kota Ibushi is on the show as well as Shinsuke Nakamura. Could imagine some amazing matches happening.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Probably in the minority here but I don't see this as a big deal. I don't think NJPW is that great, and I'm not a fan of Japenese wrestling. RoH has even lost some of its luster for me, save a few stars it has. I just feel like this pairing really doesn't hold any significance.
You don't watch japanese wrestling so you don't know shit about Okada or the NJPW John Cena Tanahashi. So you have no relevance to this topic IMO.

ROH don't have the roster they when NoAH came stateside, but any chance to NJPW guys in North America is good enough for fans of both.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

:lmao you don't think NJPW is great? Have you even seen the last 3 events they've done?

Come back when you've actually watched.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
ROH - NEW JAPAN EVENTS TO BE ON IPPV

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING® & LEADING STREAMING PROVIDER USTREAM COLLABORATE TO STREAM ROH / NEW JAPAN SUPER SHOWS LIVE IN HIGH DEFINITION

Baltimore, MD (March 27, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) has come to terms with Ustream, Inc. to provide the May 10th ROH GLOBAL WARS and May 17th ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS events live online. Ustream is a leading service provider of live and on-demand international, sports and variety programming delivered via broadband.

Rated the #1 LIVE online video streaming platform and winning the 2013 Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Awards for their live streaming service, Ustream has an unprecedented track record for reliable, high quality streaming content for almost a decade and has worked with New Japan Pro Wrestling for over two years in providing exceptional LIVE broadcasts.

The two Internet pay-per-view cards, produced and distributed live online by Ring of Honor for $14.95 each, will feature Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s most decorated wrestlers.

The date and times for these super shows are:

• ROH GLOBAL WARS: Saturday, May 10th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST
  • ROH WAR OF THE WORLDS: Saturday, May 17th at 7:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. PST

Both events can be purchased separately in advance or at the time of the event at www.UStream.TVwith all major credit cards via Paypal.

Also, the super shows will both be available as a replay immediately after their conclusion of the events on ROH’s Ustream channel and at www.ROHWrestling.com.

"Fans are always asking for live ROH Internet Pay-Per-Views and Ustream’s capabilities allow us to deliver," Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff said. "Through this technology and our production team, fans have an awesome opportunity to enjoy two of the biggest shows of the year live. Ustream is an industry leader in video streaming infrastructure with exceptional reliability for distribution of its live streaming events and we’re excited to collaborate with them on offering these events to our customers worldwide."

For more information on experiencing Ring of Honor versus New Japan Pro-Wrestling LIVE, visit:www.ROHwrestling.com.

Cool news. Despite their problems in the past, I've always enjoyed watching ROH's Mania Weekend shows on PPV, makes the entire weekend more fun.

I've never watched a New Japan show on Ustream, but I've never heard any complaints about it. Seems like the best service they could go for. Let's hope it works out for them.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll probably check these out. Hopefully ROH's iPPV curse doens't continue

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Wait, I forgot these aren't the Mania weekend shows, not sure how I mixed those up. I guess because they've been getting more attention than the Mania weekend shows themselves.

Still though, I'm glad they'll be shown on PPV. If it works out I wouldn't be surprised to seem to host more shows on Ustream.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
New Japan has never had any problems with streaming any of their shows, since the partnership with UStream began, so this will hopefully turn out good. If it does, maybe ROH can explore using UStream more often in the future.