ROH 13th Anniversary Discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
HOLY FUCK, JAY DRILL by elgin on Jay briscoe through the fucking tablee!! what a fucking stunt.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
That was sooo close, I wouldn't have minded if Ciampa won one bit. I'm glad Jay retained though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
For sure, haha I like how they did a lucky finish for their vegas PPV, very creative ;)

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Things I caught:

- ACH/Styles was very good.
- Bucks/reDRagon was good, but it was a total Young Bucks carryjob. O'Reilly and Fish are the worst tag team of all time and I can't believe they have fans.
- Alberto/Lethal was a massive letdown due to horrific WWE-TNA title match overbooking.
- The 4-way was one of the worst main events of all time, legit disaster of a match. Everything about it was terrible. At least they're doing Joe/Briscoe soon.

And Kevin Kelly called Rocky Romero an "all time great".

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It was a splendid show. 9/10

- Matt Sydal vs Cedric Alexander was good! I'm glad this was the show opener.

- Moose vs Mark Briscoe was quite alright. There was nothing bad in this match, but also nothing mind-blowing.

- The Kingdom vs The Addiction vs Karl Anderson was solid stuff.

- Roderick Strong vs BJ Whitmer was a real solid match, I liked it.

- ODB vs Maria Kanellis was okay. Had it not been for Mark and Mike outside getting involved in the match, it wouldn't have been as watchable as it turned out to be.

- AJ Styles vs ACH was so fucking good, I liked this one.

- Okay. Did Kevin Kelly really call Rocky Romero one of the all time greats?
proxy.php

- reDRagon vs The Young Bucks for the ROH Tag Team Championship was just a fun-tastic, action-packed match which I absolutely loved and enjoyed all the way through. Watching these two teams going at it is always a treat for me.

- Jay Lethal vs Alberto 'El Patrón' for the ROH TV Championship was great. However, the ending to the match was meh.

- Samoa Joe returns and announces his intention to become ROH World Champion... Good luck with that. Looking forward to it, nonetheless.

- Jay Briscoe vs Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Hanson for the ROH World Championship was a fucking awesome match, I loved every bit of it. There were some really cool spots and every man got to shine here which was cool. Also, Briscoe getting the lucky win couldn't be more fitting.

Looking forward to seeing more!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not gonna lie ACH vs Styles was my MOTN, but the Tag Title match and the Fatal 4 Way was pretty close, the rest were very good matches aside from maybe one or two which were just okay to good.. I gave the show a high 8 out of 10!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Stopspot watches, marks and scratches his head at ROH's 13th anniversary.

Matt Sydal vs Cedric Alexander - Good opener. Just the right type of match you open up a show with. Not really that noticable that Sydal took almost two years off.

Moose vs Chicken was about as good as it was going to get and served its purpose. Mark bumped for Moose and Moose got to show that he is adapting adn growing week after week. He's still very much the anti ROH style of guy but he fits in somehow.

Solid threeway tag (?) match. Addiction keeps phoning it in but it still works, Anderson just went in to kick some ass and the Kingdom are starting to really click as a team.

Strong vs Whitmer was okay, but an obvious carry job by Strong. Whitmer cannot keep up at that pace.

Maria vs ODB was fun but it was basically a intergender tag.

ACH vs Styles wasn't the star making performance people wanted. But still a very good match following the rookie vs veteran structure.

Tag titles match was good....But! I felt that this was the weakest of their outings.

TV title match was good, but it felt like it could have been better. But still my match of the night.

Main event was good heading into the ref bump, then it all went to smitherines. Way too overbooked and made the champion look like Crash Holley.

All in all another solid outing for ROH on PPV. Slotting in between BITW and FB.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
This was a fun show overall. ME was quite Russo-tastic if I do say so myself (although the idea of Briscoe getting lucky is creative and made sense with the show I don't think it played off very well).