Rock vs. Rap Part II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Old Rock=Old Rap
New Rock>New Rap

Overall: Rock>Rap, I still like rap

Its all a matter of preference.

Then there is underground rap, that is as good as current rock imo.

Dre

Reaction score
Why make this thread again? Knowing that half of the members is going to pick Rock and just shit on Rap music.

Moonlight Drive

Dre knows rock is superior :shifty:

I like rap, but rock is far better. Mainly because of the variety. There's about 89 different genres of rock (probably more) whilst there's not much to differentiate with rap.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I'm always a true rap fan, and will back it one hundred percent, but I agree with the second part of his post. Rock offers variety, when Rap only offers

Gangster Rap
RnB/Rap
New Rap

From my prespective.

CT Styles

It's based on opinions; all types of music. There is no such thing as a good song because there's no way you can prove it. This will be an eternal argument.

Dre

Reaction score
There is a variety in Rap music also.

Gangsta Rap, Funk Rap, Underground/Alternative Rap, East Coast & West Coast Rap, Southern Rap, Midwest Rap, etc.

Moonlight Drive

But most of those are almost the exact same as each other. With Rock there's grunge, punk, metal (and it's many and confusing sub genres =/), pop rock, rap rock, psychadelic, blues rock, alternative, and many more with a distinct, different style, those are just ones I came up with off the top of my head.

CT Styles

Please, someone prove which is better in some way, please.

Moonlight Drive

Rock. Rock is more popular, therefore making it better in the eyes of most.

Dre

Reaction score
No it's not. All the sub genres that I've listed have complete different sounds and style of rap. For example, Soulja Boy is labeled as Southern Rap and Jay-Z is labled as East Coast Rap. If you listen to both of they style of rap, you would hear the difference.

Edit - Mean't to Moonlight Drive.

Moonlight Drive

Not all, but most. But in Rock, listen to grunge, then listen to psychadelic, the difference is immediate and huge.

Rap is rapping over a beat with every genre. Not to shit on it, I like it, but that is what it is. The differences are really only in the style of beat.

Dre

Reaction score
So if you say that Rap is the same, then so is rock. Rock is singing over a beat no matter the genre. Music in general is singing over a beat.

Moonlight Drive

Rock involves many instruments playing different melodys in harmony changing throughout a song with different sections and is often much more about the music itself than the lyrics. Rap is almost all about lyrics, you can't have an instrumental rap song. It's more akin to poetry than music imo, (not a diss).

Dre

Reaction score
Melodies & Harmonies is a beat. In rap, some beats do switch up like the song Hero by Nas for example. And in music, the lyrics tells a story. Not everybody is going to listen to a record with just a beat to it.

Your basically saying the same thing I'm saying but using it in a different logic.