Rob Van Dam Talks About His Relationship With Triple H

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
Yeah RVDs promos were so good. He would come out, say "Im the whole fucking show" do his gay little spin move and that would be it, while that blueberry blew a whistle around him. Talk about a great promo. He could never look intense. Oh yeah, and he made a bunch of pot references. Wow. Thats awesome! NOT!!

And then he'd hit people with weapons and frog splash someone from ontop of a ladder and... Oh wait was I trying to prove he was wrong? RVD was a good wrestler, and I enjoyed his matches.

6194life

Reaction score
open your fucking ears. RVD was held back in the WWE. He was not given the free reign with his promos like he got in ECW. For you to say his promos in the old ECW were not good shows me that you have no knowledge of what a good promo is. If the RVD in WWE was allowed to be the RVD of ECW then he would easily be at the very top of the company. Sorry no matter what Edge and Orton do they will never be main eventers in my eyes. None of them have had long title reins. They have been transitional champions at best. They will punish these guys but you will NEVER ever hear about HHH or Batista being busted for roids. HHH has skill but by constantly forcing himself down our throats when he doesn't need to he alienates people. As much as Trips has been out of the title picture (one quickie title reign) I know its just a matter of time before he hogs the title again and starts being the career killer again.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^How can you say that Edge and Orton are not main eventers? Are you kidding me? Edge is the top heel in the company and Orton is currently the WWE champion. They're both still very young so that has to do with them not having long title reigns and the fact that Edge got hurt had a lot to do with his title reign being shortened. Besides you don't need to have a long title reign to be a main eventer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't being a main eventer mean that your in the main event. And haven't Edge and Orton been in the main even pretty much the entire year? So to say that they're not main eventers is ridiculous.

Kaedon

Reaction score
open your fucking ears. RVD was held back in the WWE. He was not given the free reign with his promos like he got in ECW. For you to say his promos in the old ECW were not good shows me that you have no knowledge of what a good promo is. If the RVD in WWE was allowed to be the RVD of ECW then he would easily be at the very top of the company. Sorry no matter what Edge and Orton do they will never be main eventers in my eyes. None of them have had long title reins. They have been transitional champions at best. They will punish these guys but you will NEVER ever hear about HHH or Batista being busted for roids. HHH has skill but by constantly forcing himself down our throats when he doesn't need to he alienates people. As much as Trips has been out of the title picture (one quickie title reign) I know its just a matter of time before he hogs the title again and starts being the career killer again.

A good promo is a promo that connects with the people. RVDs promos didnt do that. They didnt speak to anyone who wasnt a pot smoker or who didnt understand the verbage. There was no emotional connection whatsoever. If anyone doesnt know what a good (read EFFECTIVE read SELLING) promo is, its you.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
A good promo is a promo that connects with the people. RVDs promos didnt do that. They didnt speak to anyone who wasnt a pot smoker or who didnt understand the verbage. There was no emotional connection whatsoever. If anyone doesnt know what a good (read EFFECTIVE read SELLING) promo is, its you.

I'm just going to saddle on in here.

Kaedon's right. RVD is not a great promo guy. Never has been. In ECW he was passable, but RVD's never been about the promo.

Kaedon, it seems though I can't get through a post without disagreeing with you about something. Regarding RVD's promos connecting, it was different in ECW. He played the cocky, laid back, cooler than you heel very well. Not great promos, didn't say very much of import, but it still came off well.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I'm just going to saddle on in here.

Kaedon's right. RVD is not a great promo guy. Never has been. In ECW he was passable, but RVD's never been about the promo.

Kaedon, it seems though I can't get through a post without disagreeing with you about something. Regarding RVD's promos connecting, it was different in ECW. He played the cocky, laid back, cooler than you heel very well. Not great promos, didn't say very much of import, but it still came off well.

They connected to the ECW crowd, maybe, but getting a reaction from an ECW crowd back then was pretty easy. I do not believe there was a true connection with the fans when say guys like Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, or even Jericho, Orton, and Cena talk. All of those people COMMAND ATTENTION from the general populous, with what they say and how they say it. Shit Cena doesnt even have to say anything to grab attention.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
They connected to the ECW crowd, maybe, but getting a reaction from an ECW crowd back then was pretty easy. I do not believe there was a true connection with the fans when say guys like Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, or even Jericho, Orton, and Cena talk. All of those people COMMAND ATTENTION from the general populous, with what they say and how they say it. Shit Cena doesnt even have to say anything to grab attention.

For the briefest period in time when he was with the WWE it was like this. Unfortunately, due to extraneous circumstances around that time frame (you know who I mean) we were deprived of the opportunity to see if he could keep that connection going long term. But in the end you are correct, appearances indicate that he only connected with the ECW fans, and while I believe this be be untrue, aside from that 2-3 month time frame there is no other evidence to back it up.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
i couldn't agree more with a majority of the thing already said.